Got the game today and not liking it

#1snakeyes01Posted 12/9/2012 7:33:03 PM
I practice combos get into a game can not do a combo for nothing why ? Because to much s**t going on i do a combo get hit. And it seems like people do nothing but spam smfh
---
3ds fc 5112-4351-8572 / GT yunrocks vita psn Biggielil23 " I don't have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated."
#2anubisbahamutPosted 12/9/2012 7:36:25 PM
Everybody will spam somethin gonna have to get used to it or may as well just trade it in... There are moves for every character that are just good... Not saying I spam but I understand why people do it and almost everyone does
---
PSN=EbahamutE
MGO=Flash/Asian Love (MGO is over) I play majority fighting games
#3urbanpwner2Posted 12/9/2012 7:39:27 PM
learn to get around it and set up combos.
dont be stupid and try to combo someone while someone is spaming somewhere.
---
PSN:corbin1xo
PSASBR MAIN:Spike,Drake
#4KtimleckPosted 12/9/2012 7:39:31 PM
There's a large difference between practicing combos and executing them. If you're playing FFA, it gets pretty chaotic, so stick to short, bastardised versions of your combos for decent AP gain, and go all out in 2v2.

Most characters have projectiles that net easy AP, so they're probably gonna spam them a lot in FFA.
---
PSN ID: Dorito_2
#5TerotrousPosted 12/9/2012 7:44:00 PM
You have to pay attention to your surroundings. If there are people all around you, aim for combos that are shorter and have the potential to hit multiple people. If people are split up, go for longer combos.

Combos that go to the air are also generally harder to interrupt than ground combos.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#6Dragongreen547Posted 12/9/2012 7:48:42 PM
Thanks for telling us man. It will really effect the way I live.
---
She got it, you got it, I got it, we got it.
#7MajesticFerretPosted 12/9/2012 7:50:45 PM
You're doing it wrong TC.

For example, I have several Raiden/Kratos combos that are 140-150 AP gain.....and they're nearly useless in FFA and only occasionally useful for 2v2.

The big AP combos are 1v1 only. If you want combos to work in FFA, figure out really short simple ones that work consistently and don't leave you as vulnerable for getting interrupted.

You just need to accept that FFA isn't an environment where you're going to get to juggle your opponent for a minute straight like most fighting games because most fighting games don't have guys who can shoot you from half way across the screen while you're trying to combo people.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#8G-ScythePosted 12/9/2012 7:52:09 PM
who are you playing as?
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#9snakeyes01(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 8:13:45 PM
my main is dante
---
3ds fc 5112-4351-8572 / GT yunrocks vita psn Biggielil23 " I don't have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated."
#10G-ScythePosted 12/9/2012 8:18:25 PM
snakeyes01 posted...
my main is dante

ahh...
makes sense

he is probably the hardest hack n' slasher to play as
not a character you can master in one day at least
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011