DeZA_UK posted...
omg it might be Ultimate PSASBR

Can't be, they are releasing all the new content as DLC
---
PSVita & 3DS
#12Charizard18Posted 12/11/2012 7:03:30 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
Charizard18 posted...
They could just be looking for someone to help convince IP holders to give characters for DLC, as shown by the requirements.

The overview on Neogaf says it's hiring for a "new project such as PlayStation All-Stars", it's a sequel but it definitely wont be on PS3 with PSASBR just releasing

Hmm, well that's different then. Maybe it's a new fighting game they're making? With a system like PSAS. Of course, if it is a sequel I won't complain. That'd be awesome.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
Help Robbit make it into the PSAS dlc roster! http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#13blaze19_0XPosted 12/11/2012 7:06:36 PM
My hopes are high because the link clearly stated they are looking for people with fighting game experience and understanding of their mechanics.

If this was for a gimmicky capture the flag or otherwise, spinoff why would they need those?

No this is definitely for a fighting game, whether it's for PSASBR or otherwise remains to be seen.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#14PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 7:09:20 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
My hopes are high because the link clearly stated they are looking for people with fighting game experience and understanding of their mechanics.

If this was for a gimmicky capture the flag or otherwise, spinoff why would they need those?

No this is definitely for a fighting game, whether it's for PSASBR or otherwise remains to be seen.

Literally everything about the new project is directly related to PlayStation All-Stars. Considering SuperBot was formed by Sony Computer Entertainment it's PSASBR 2
---
PSVita & 3DS
#15blaze19_0XPosted 12/11/2012 7:12:24 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

Literally everything about the new project is directly related to PlayStation All-Stars. Considering SuperBot was formed by Sony Computer Entertainment it's PSASBR 2

The reason I'm not entirely sure yet if it's PSASBR 2 is I thought the sales of this left much to be desired and it was too early to tell if it was a success financially or not. Sony isn't about to greenlight a sequel if the original is still up in the air.

But then again we don't know how much it sold digitally and I guess it was apparently a lot.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#16BigKahn7Posted 12/11/2012 7:13:40 PM
It won't be a sequel. The game flopped comercially and financially.

If there is a sequel then let's just say it'll be ridiculed by the true gamers around the world.

Plus they won't make any improvements in a sequel since it flopped.
#17xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 12/11/2012 7:14:03 PM
Probably because people got fired for that God-awful attempt of a 1.02 patch...
#18PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 7:16:25 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

The reason I'm not entirely sure yet if it's PSASBR 2 is I thought the sales of this left much to be desired and it was too early to tell if it was a success financially or not. Sony isn't about to greenlight a sequel if the original is still up in the air.

But then again we don't know how much it sold digitally and I guess it was apparently a lot.

We also have to consider that PlayStation All-Stars was not a big budget game, we don't know how many copies were sold to retail or sold digitally. Plus the game is #10 in Amazon's top 100 selling PS games at the moment so it's not like sales have stopped, it hasnt even been out for a month or launched in Japan.
---
PSVita & 3DS
#19sinncrossPosted 12/11/2012 7:18:12 PM
I want a DOTA version of PSAS...

that would be so sweet
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#20DavidgraymanPosted 12/11/2012 7:21:55 PM
Obviously its "Ultimate Playstation Allstars: Collector's Hyper Turbo Mega Golden Arcade Super Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku Edition!!!1!!11!"....but the game is only being released in Japan.............for X360