#31NitebreakerPosted 12/11/2012 8:27:06 PM
PlayStation All-Stars: Double Dash
---
PSN- Nitebreaker015
#32blaze19_0XPosted 12/11/2012 8:32:48 PM
G-Scythe posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
pixel378 posted...
They are hiring somebody who will help them better secure characters we want for the sequel.

I dont understand why people are saying this.....what would hiring a person for this do? There are rights and negotiations that can only be done publisher to publisher. SuperBot as a developer can't do much, and they are hiring for creating a game..... not for a business portion of their company

they have to remember to hire a guy who speaks Japanese this time.
nobody at Superbot speaks Japanese, so when Square called them about putting Cloud and Sora in the game, the guys got confused and thought it was a Chinese food restuarant calling the wrong number

In all seriousness doesn't this imply Superbot feels one reason they couldn't get hold of some of these IPs was because the failed to present or convince their case in an effective way to these IP holders?

So now they want to hire people who are more PR friendly like Seth Killian.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#33gamerkmanPosted 12/11/2012 8:37:59 PM
Lumi should apply, since he seems to know the most abt the videogame business with his wit-filled arguements and topics. He could totally get Superbot om track, as he totally knows better than them.....
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/18169/2169924-kappa_super.png
---
Life is like a really bad joke with no punchline...
#34EnglishLanguagPosted 12/11/2012 8:38:59 PM
I'm only wary because this seems waaay early for a sequel.
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.
#35Dark_MetalSonicPosted 12/11/2012 8:45:06 PM
i like it that they put each character's art styl from his/her game, but in the sequel its better if they choose a specific art style for all the characters.
#36tirkaroPosted 12/11/2012 8:49:24 PM
Bleeeeeeeeeeech.

They're really going to make a sequel already? Instead of just making more DLC? And most likely for a console that's either going to be entirely unnecessary and/or hilariously overpriced? (Because let's face it, I have still yet to be convinced that next-gen consoles aren't the very last thing we need at this point. Current-gen games cost too much to make as it is.)
---
GO GO GO GO GO GALO SENGEN
#37leopoldsharkPosted 12/11/2012 9:13:07 PM
They're making Dancing with the Playstation All-Stars, where has-been stars go for their last 15 minutes of fame before they die. :O
#38christiankid7Posted 12/11/2012 9:13:48 PM
Could it be the traditional fighter that they were planning to do.....?

(Never can find a link when you want one >:( )

Its a good game. The mechanics are awesome if they want to keep it like that. They could add some HP mode/Smash mode to quench the masses (Even though they said before that the HP mode did not work right)

Needs more polish, minor balancing issues, BETTER MARKETING, More modes and Single Player options, and Square and Activision to stop being IDIOTS and give us Cloud,Crash,Spyro and Lara Croft. I still don't get how they didn't think not being in this was a good idea...
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards
#39NewMoonShadowPosted 12/11/2012 9:18:42 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
The reason I'm not entirely sure yet if it's PSASBR 2 is I thought the sales of this left much to be desired and it was too early to tell if it was a success financially or not. Sony isn't about to greenlight a sequel if the original is still up in the air.

But then again we don't know how much it sold digitally and I guess it was apparently a lot.

Sony has already publicly said that PSASBR's sales are right where they wanted them to be. Just because people on this forum declare them liars and declare the game a failure doesn't mean Sony was lying or that the game is a failure in their eyes.

I dont understand why people are saying this.....what would hiring a person for this do? There are rights and negotiations that can only be done publisher to publisher. SuperBot as a developer can't do much, and they are hiring for creating a game..... not for a business portion of their company

Actually Omar has said that SuperBot had to approach the other companies themselves for the rights to the characters, Sony stayed out of it. And if you think about it, it makes sense. If someone wants to use your valued property for their game, you're going to be dealing with THEM, not their employers, and this is how it should be.
#40IHeartJessAlbaPosted 12/11/2012 9:39:56 PM
Personally, I'm reading this as them beefing up their team to really go at DLC, extra content, and polishing up their current game. It could very well mean a sequel, as this game took 3 years to make, so hopping into prelim development of their next title could be a possibility. If that's the case, I see them branching into two groups, one supporting the current game, and a smaller one working on a new title, meaning they'd need to shore up their numbers a bit.

Or, perhaps, there was a need to push some of their DLC work, or get the JP release up to snuff quickly.

At any rate, it is promising for PSASBR, and SuperBot as a whole. I just can't quite commit to the idea that it is definitely a sequel. It's possible. But I'm betting that they're going to be doing some massive updates to the current game to add a lot of polish to it.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic