SuperBot hiring, may hint at PlayStation All-Stars sequel

#41LuminescentRulePosted 12/11/2012 9:54:55 PM
As usual, Sony doesn't learn from 1 failure. They always come in pairs or more:

PS Move Heroes, Resistance:BS and CoD:Declassified - developed by Nihilistic

R&C:FFA & R&C:A4O - both developed by Insomniac's secondary North Carolina studio

Modnation Racers and LBP Karting - both developed by United Front Games

I guess it won't be very different with this game - they'll learn from their mistakes once they did it a second or third time.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#42Bleach313Posted 12/11/2012 10:16:46 PM
LuminescentRule posted...

R&C:FFA & R&C:A4O - both developed by Insomniac's secondary North Carolina studio

I guess it won't be very different with this game - they'll learn from their mistakes once they did it a second or third time.

I'm not sure about the other games but I know for a fact that Modnation Racers did good. LBP Karting felt like a cash-in to me so I can see about that one, but Modnation didn't. Actually wasn't most reviewers praising Modnation like mad for it's course creation, and the creativity to the karts, and characters.
#43EstheimasterPosted 12/11/2012 10:19:01 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
DeZA_UK posted...
I fail to see how this hints at a sequel. I agree with the above poster

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503736

Read. A new game, specifically in relation to PlayStation All-Stars...... what else could it be, a prequel?/sarcasm

PlayStation All Stars Duodecim
#44McFordmansonPosted 12/11/2012 10:28:00 PM
G-Scythe posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
pixel378 posted...
They are hiring somebody who will help them better secure characters we want for the sequel.

I dont understand why people are saying this.....what would hiring a person for this do? There are rights and negotiations that can only be done publisher to publisher. SuperBot as a developer can't do much, and they are hiring for creating a game..... not for a business portion of their company

they have to remember to hire a guy who speaks Japanese this time.
nobody at Superbot speaks Japanese, so when Square called them about putting Cloud and Sora in the game, the guys got confused and thought it was a Chinese food restuarant calling the wrong number

/topic
---
Official Big Daddy of the PSASBR Board.
#45LuminescentRulePosted 12/11/2012 10:35:14 PM
I'm not sure about the other games but I know for a fact that Modnation Racers did good. LBP Karting felt like a cash-in to me so I can see about that one, but Modnation didn't. Actually wasn't most reviewers praising Modnation like mad for it's course creation, and the creativity to the karts, and characters.

How do you know for a fact that Modnation Racers did good? Afterall, Sony canned the IP. And I remember reviewers complaining about the ridiculous 60 seconds+ load times.
---
#46WingZero0782Posted 12/11/2012 10:42:51 PM

How do you know for a fact that Modnation Racers did good? Afterall, Sony canned the IP. And I remember reviewers complaining about the ridiculous 60 seconds+ load times.

Here we go, you seriously have a big problem with Sony, no matter what they do, let it go already.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#47THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 12/11/2012 10:46:07 PM
If so Omar needs to start hunting down some of those old JRPG devs down for their characters. Tornadoes need to be flaming in the sequel. Arms should be WILD!!!!
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#48LuminescentRulePosted 12/11/2012 10:50:51 PM

Here we go, you seriously have a big problem with Sony, no matter what they do, let it go already.

Don't go about making claims. Why not discuss what I just posted?
---
#49THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 12/11/2012 10:52:39 PM

I hate quitters and I'm glad Sony doesn't quit. Also Mod Nation Racers is FAR from a failure buddy. Best kart game since Mario Kart 64 to me. Should have made a sequel to that instead of LBK in my opinion. And no LPK in nothing like Mod Nation.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#50LuminescentRulePosted 12/11/2012 11:00:30 PM
I hate quitters and I'm glad Sony doesn't quit. Also Mod Nation Racers is FAR from a failure buddy. Best kart game since Mario Kart 64 to me. Should have made a sequel to that instead of LBK in my opinion. And no LPK in nothing like Mod Nation.

So, how you like them quitting on Twisted Metal, Starhawk, Wipeout, Heavenly Sword? Still hate quitters? How do you like Insomniac (main studio) quitting on R&C?

Think about what you just said - you would hating a company that drops a service or product because it's losing them money? Is that for real or are you just joking?

And, yes, Modnation Racers is a failure. If it wasn't, why would they drop it in favor of LBP Karting?
---