Hideo Kojima credits Final Fantasy with Sony's success

#1Cloudfan721Posted 12/19/2012 9:05:31 AM
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/19/hideo-kojima-and-yoshinori-kitase-reflect-on-25-years-of-final-fantasy-and-metal-gear/

Hideo Kojima in response to Final Fantasy:

“Thank you! I’ve always been impressed by the artistic side of Final Fantasy. Everything about it, including the title screens are beautiful. Not to take anything away from Sony Computer Entertainment, but I believe that Final Fantasy definitely played a big role in helping them rise to the top, and set a standard for their games. We’d like to do our best and keep up as well”

Superbot- "Wait, what is this Final Fantasy you speak of?"
#2Bestia_SomniaPosted 12/19/2012 9:07:21 AM
ITT: We ignorantly act as though everything is Superbot's fault and that they actually hold meetings on a daily basis in order to conspire on how to screw over oldschool fans next

Derp Herp
#3pixel378Posted 12/19/2012 9:08:21 AM
Well it is MGS and MGS only that caused me to buy a ps3 so....
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#4Cloudfan721(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 9:12:38 AM
The Superbot bit was a joke. The main point here is that one of the most respected developers in the industry views Final Fantasy as the big reason Sony was successful. As I said in a topic yesterday, I'm thinking we might get a Final Fantasy/Metal Gear dlc announcement at some point for the 25th anniversary. I just found it amusing that a game of Playstion's all-star characters didn't include something from that little franchise that helped them become the number one game company for a time.
#5Bestia_SomniaPosted 12/19/2012 9:14:54 AM
Blame it on SE. They can't even get their own games out properly, let alone a character of theirs in another's game.
#6PrismsbladePosted 12/19/2012 9:15:04 AM
All the recent FFs to me have been a joke after playing xenoblade......I couldnt care less if they got in or not.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#7Cloudfan721(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 9:24:09 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Blame it on SE. They can't even get their own games out properly, let alone a character of theirs in another's game.

I don't think that SE would actually have to do much other than make a deal with Sony, so I seriously doubt their history of delays has anything to do with the whole no Final Fantasy character thing. My suspicion is that they simply were not asked to take part in PSABR at launch. SE has licensed their characters out to other companies in the past (including major corporations like Coca-Cola), and they've had a long collaboration with Disney. Heck, they licensed characters to Sony! Cloud, Aerith, Tifa, Vincent, and Sephiroth are available as costumes in Little Big Planet 2. Not making easy money from licensing really wouldn't mesh with SE's recent efforts to make their games more profitable.
#8Geos59Posted 12/19/2012 9:37:20 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
ITT: We ignorantly act as though everything is Superbot's fault and that they actually hold meetings on a daily basis in order to conspire on how to screw over oldschool fans next

Derp Herp

This guy - I like :3
---
Magic Man! :3
It's not the great who are strong, it's the strong who are great!
#9KillDozer123Posted 12/19/2012 9:39:10 AM
Geos59 posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...

Derp Herp

This guy - I like :3

Suddenly, TROLLS! XD

Because they'll take what this guy is saying seriously and act like it's the truth. And seriously, it would be funny if they didn't use the same trick over and over again. XD
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#10Retroxgamer0Posted 12/19/2012 10:05:10 AM
final fantasy>metal gear solid