I went pro in Super Smash Bros Melee, I love Brawl, so how will I like this? :)

#1PJiddyPosted 12/21/2012 2:00:47 AM
Im pretty excited about it, I know most of the characters, even though they're not as recognizable as the SSB characters, and the game looks fun! So my question is, how exactly does this stack up to the Super Smash Bros series? Is it just as fun? Even more so? Or is it a letdown? Thanks a ton you guys, I'll probably get it for Christmas :)
---
If The Solution Has Never Been To Look At Yourself, How Is It You Expect To Find It Anywhere Else?
#2FS_HUNKPosted 12/21/2012 2:04:33 AM
They arent as recognizable because you obviously are a nintendo fanboy like myself.
Saying sony characters are recognizable is sillylol. Anyway this game you actually need combos, unlike SSBB. And honestly I'd rather play this game that brawl, that game was a joke. And this is coming from a nintendo fanboy. Also the two are very different
---
"I don't dropshot, I don't camp corners, I don't headglitch." - CornerCamper
#3Retroxgamer0Posted 12/21/2012 2:09:04 AM
i dont think smashbros characters are anymore recognizable than this one. im pretty sure more people have played tekken than fire emblem on gamecube which is like ikes only game, or better yet marth was only in the japanese fire emblem game.
#4aDarkSaviorPosted 12/21/2012 2:14:05 AM
What do you mean by pro do you mean you're actually netting a profit playing Smash?

I played Melee and I made some cash. Yeah you'll do fine You won't get to use a tech barrier to take advantage of the non-initiated but other than that the rolling aspect and mindgames certainly translate.
#5Traptin3daysPosted 12/21/2012 2:15:18 AM
Let's not stop at the recognizable topic. It's trivial.

I think this game is really fun. In my opinion, it doesn't play nor feel anything like SSB. :)
---
"Smash isn't not made for only America.." - TBdragon90
Dimentio is our God!
#6ApolloJusticeAAPosted 12/21/2012 2:15:59 AM
I think the characters here are just as recognizable as the characters in smash. it all depends on how long you followed a console since PaRappa, Spike, and Sir Daniel can be traced back to the PS while Ratchet, Jak, kratos, and dante are PS2 mainstays. to say anyone game has more recognizable characters is subjective since it all depends on the characters you like. I know a lot of the Ace Attorney characters which many people haven't even played where as I couldn't tell you a lick about fire emblem besides the fact that ike, marth and roy are in smash bros(and honestly before i knew they were from a different game i thought they were nintendo's attempt to give us story characters.-_-)

as for the actual game the best thing to learn is how the AP system works and the AP burst combos since those will be the ways that you will be working to get your level 1 supers.
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
Post your reliable anti-kratos strategy: Quit the match.-J_Dawg_
#7PyroSparkPosted 12/21/2012 2:25:15 AM
This game is awesome and to me personally, feels like I'm playing a smash bros. with better mechanics. Minus the killing with supers, which i'm neutral about.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#8PJiddy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2012 2:32:23 AM
Keep leaving feedback, but thanks for the replies so far! I know these characters are popular, obviously, but are any of them truly as recognizable throughout the world as Mario, Pikachu, or Sonic? They're all in SSB, not that it makes it any better. Im sure this game is pretty awesome from what you guys are saying :)
---
If The Solution Has Never Been To Look At Yourself, How Is It You Expect To Find It Anywhere Else?
#9blazin640Posted 12/21/2012 2:43:25 AM
PJiddy posted...
Keep leaving feedback, but thanks for the replies so far! I know these characters are popular, obviously, but are any of them truly as recognizable throughout the world as Mario, Pikachu, or Sonic? They're all in SSB, not that it makes it any better. Im sure this game is pretty awesome from what you guys are saying :)

Can't deny that, especially Mario. This game is heavily based on combos, which I love. The main thing that is going to ruin or make this game fun for you are the supers. There is no health bar or ring outs. To me, this makes the game super strategic.
---
I work for the Triple Ho association, an underground committee that works with Santa and determines who is on naughty list. Pretty sure your name was on there.
#10supermichael11Posted 12/21/2012 3:30:22 AM
blazin640 posted...
PJiddy posted...

Can't deny that, especially Mario. This game is heavily based on combos, which I love. The main thing that is going to ruin or make this game fun for you are the supers. There is no health bar or ring outs. To me, this makes the game super strategic.

How does killing with super only make this game more strategic? That is the only thing that I am unsure of buying this game. I would rent it, but in Gibraltar there is no place to rent games unless I go to Spain to rent.

I just find it dumb that they didn't include other options, like have more mode instead of just super kill only.

They could of added a mode to have HP battle or How many lives a player has can kill that certain amount of live to win.

It just seems a huge let down that the only way to kill is with super only.
---
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum
http://midnighttavern.forumotion.com/ Must be over 18 years old to join.