I went pro in Super Smash Bros Melee, I love Brawl, so how will I like this? :)

#11schmetePosted 12/21/2012 4:48:02 AM
It doesn't play like Smash Bros. as much as it looks like it. It's more like Street Fighter dropped into a Smash Bros. setting. You'll probably enjoy it, because it's still pretty chaotic, but don't expect it to play anything like SSB.
---
Toro
#12blazin640Posted 12/21/2012 4:49:27 AM
supermichael11 posted...
blazin640 posted...
PJiddy posted...
Keep leaving feedback, but thanks for the replies so far! I know these characters are popular, obviously, but are any of them truly as recognizable throughout the world as Mario, Pikachu, or Sonic? They're all in SSB, not that it makes it any better. Im sure this game is pretty awesome from what you guys are saying :)

Can't deny that, especially Mario. This game is heavily based on combos, which I love. The main thing that is going to ruin or make this game fun for you are the supers. There is no health bar or ring outs. To me, this makes the game super strategic.

How does killing with super only make this game more strategic? That is the only thing that I am unsure of buying this game. I would rent it, but in Gibraltar there is no place to rent games unless I go to Spain to rent.

I just find it dumb that they didn't include other options, like have more mode instead of just super kill only.

They could of added a mode to have HP battle or How many lives a player has can kill that certain amount of live to win.

It just seems a huge let down that the only way to kill is with super only.

You have to time your supers, know when to use them, and figure out how it fits in your play style.

Health is cool but doesn't add much strategy and its boring IMO. Just wack away until you win. Smash Bros stamina was horribly boring. Obviously the person with better skill will win in other fighters (less in Smash). Not to say that doesn't happen here, but it certainly gives everyone a chance.

Besides FFA, there is 2v2. You can do stock mode, which is amazing, timed, or kill limit. Trust me, the supers system is great.
---
I work for the Triple Ho association, an underground committee that works with Santa and determines who is on naughty list. Pretty sure your name was on there.
#13schmetePosted 12/21/2012 5:22:17 AM
supermichael11 posted...
blazin640 posted...
PJiddy posted...
Keep leaving feedback, but thanks for the replies so far! I know these characters are popular, obviously, but are any of them truly as recognizable throughout the world as Mario, Pikachu, or Sonic? They're all in SSB, not that it makes it any better. Im sure this game is pretty awesome from what you guys are saying :)

Can't deny that, especially Mario. This game is heavily based on combos, which I love. The main thing that is going to ruin or make this game fun for you are the supers. There is no health bar or ring outs. To me, this makes the game super strategic.

How does killing with super only make this game more strategic? That is the only thing that I am unsure of buying this game. I would rent it, but in Gibraltar there is no place to rent games unless I go to Spain to rent.

I just find it dumb that they didn't include other options, like have more mode instead of just super kill only.

They could of added a mode to have HP battle or How many lives a player has can kill that certain amount of live to win.

It just seems a huge let down that the only way to kill is with super only.

Health-based matches would probably make the game even more unbalanced. You technically could play "health" matches 1v1 and just have the winner be the first to lvl3, but that would probably be boring. Lots of characters have stronger moves than others, because their supers are harder to use. The supers are what balance the game. There are plenty of people out there who get to a level 2 no problem, but totally goof up when they use it, or their opponent is able to dodge it with skill.

Without the supers, the game wouldn't put as much emphasis on player skill.
---
Toro
#14FabulousZeroPosted 12/21/2012 6:14:22 AM
GTFO TC
---
It took me three playthroughs to realize Harbinger was a reaper
If you dislike FFXIII, you're an idiot.
#15Parukia256Posted 12/21/2012 6:22:37 AM
schmete posted...
It doesn't play like Smash Bros. as much as it looks like it. It's more like Street Fighter dropped into a Smash Bros. setting. You'll probably enjoy it, because it's still pretty chaotic, but don't expect it to play anything like SSB.

---
Love like winter.