Cole is the first character I've ever found to be cheap

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Cole is the first character I've ever found to be cheap

User Info: DarkECOJak

DarkECOJak
3 years ago#1
I've heard complaints about Kratos and his forward square, constant sniping Radecs, Raiden's level 1 being way to overpowered and every other thing. But I've always found a way around them and never considered them to be something I can't avoid. But with Cole, and especially with 2 Coles, that constant charge-up with every single player that immediately brings you to your knees and guarantees a level 1 kill... This is the first thing I've ever felt needs to be nerfed.

I'm totally fine with someone using a set-up tactic for a kill that can get someone off guard. I do it with Parappa's mic and level 1 all the time. But it can be avoided if a player is paying attention. With Cole, there is absolutely no way to avoid it if you're hit by the first move. Therefore 99% of all Cole attacks are just these few moves. It's less about earning and more about spamming until it works.
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee

User Info: DHG_Sweep

DHG_Sweep
3 years ago#2
You make it sound like coles are the only one that has a combo into their lvl one. Its honestly just sounds like you dont know how to handle the coles and recently got throttled by one.
Anderson Silva > Fedor

User Info: FS_HUNK

FS_HUNK
3 years ago#3
DarkECOJak posted...
I've heard complaints about Kratos and his forward square, constant sniping Radecs, Raiden's level 1 being way to overpowered and every other thing. But I've always found a way around them and never considered them to be something I can't avoid. But with Cole, and especially with 2 Coles, that constant charge-up with every single player that immediately brings you to your knees and guarantees a level 1 kill... This is the first thing I've ever felt needs to be nerfed.

I'm totally fine with someone using a set-up tactic for a kill that can get someone off guard. I do it with Parappa's mic and level 1 all the time. But it can be avoided if a player is paying attention. With Cole, there is absolutely no way to avoid it if you're hit by the first move. Therefore 99% of all Cole attacks are just these few moves. It's less about earning and more about spamming until it works.

Cole? Cheap? lol because he can combo into a level 1? majority of the characters can.
Play this game a bit longer, cole is far from cheap honestly.
"I don't dropshot, I don't camp corners, I don't headglitch." - CornerCamper

User Info: Prismsblade

Prismsblade
3 years ago#4
I think your referring to evil coles fully charged giga punch, you can counter by simply blocking.....yea a bit to high lv for you as of now but someday I hope.
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.

User Info: Crabhammar

Crabhammar
3 years ago#5
Good Cole is THE most balanced character in the game. Seriously, what a jack of all trades.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting. PSN: Bluechacho
(message deleted)

User Info: DarkECOJak

DarkECOJak
3 years ago#7
Prismsblade posted...
I think your referring to evil coles fully charged giga punch, you can counter by simply blocking.....yea a bit to high lv for you as of now but someday I hope.

Let's knock of the smart ass remarks. Unless someone is willing to back up their skill in a game I find their criticism useless. I'm referring to when you have a team of them doing nothing but that attack. Eventually you're bound to get hit by it, and when you do it actually can't be avoided by any means.

As I said before, every character can SET UP a kill, but his is the only one where you absolutely can't escape if you get hit by the charge. Nobody else has a basic attack that will do this without some kind of combo or exploit. Yes, I said no one.
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee

User Info: Gh3ttoNinja

Gh3ttoNinja
3 years ago#8
Protip. See evil Cole charging Falcon Punch with a super in stock?
STAY IN THE ****ING AIR.
If it does hit you, you go flying and won't get supered.
Srsly. Not that hard, dude.
Not really ghetto.
Or a ninja.

User Info: FS_HUNK

FS_HUNK
3 years ago#9
DarkECOJak posted...
Prismsblade posted...

Let's knock of the smart ass remarks. Unless someone is willing to back up their skill in a game I find their criticism useless. I'm referring to when you have a team of them doing nothing but that attack. Eventually you're bound to get hit by it, and when you do it actually can't be avoided by any means.

As I said before, every character can SET UP a kill, but his is the only one where you absolutely can't escape if you get hit by the charge. Nobody else has a basic attack that will do this without some kind of combo or exploit. Yes, I said no one.

Great we got another whiner getting handled in FFA, get outa here man.
BLOCK, My partners died just yesterday (damn toro lol) and I was left 2vs1 Kratos and evil cole. Not once did I get hit by his punch, its called blocking. Get good.
"I don't dropshot, I don't camp corners, I don't headglitch." - CornerCamper

User Info: aLmosT_bLinD

aLmosT_bLinD
3 years ago#10
Cole users are douches, good Cole just spams his ice moves, combos, and then uses his freeze move again. God this game is so broken lol.
Gamertag: Too Relaxed
Call me Mr Swag.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Cole is the first character I've ever found to be cheap

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived