Cole is the first character I've ever found to be cheap

#1DarkECOJakPosted 12/22/2012 12:22:20 AM
I've heard complaints about Kratos and his forward square, constant sniping Radecs, Raiden's level 1 being way to overpowered and every other thing. But I've always found a way around them and never considered them to be something I can't avoid. But with Cole, and especially with 2 Coles, that constant charge-up with every single player that immediately brings you to your knees and guarantees a level 1 kill... This is the first thing I've ever felt needs to be nerfed.

I'm totally fine with someone using a set-up tactic for a kill that can get someone off guard. I do it with Parappa's mic and level 1 all the time. But it can be avoided if a player is paying attention. With Cole, there is absolutely no way to avoid it if you're hit by the first move. Therefore 99% of all Cole attacks are just these few moves. It's less about earning and more about spamming until it works.
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#2DHG_SweepPosted 12/22/2012 12:26:59 AM
You make it sound like coles are the only one that has a combo into their lvl one. Its honestly just sounds like you dont know how to handle the coles and recently got throttled by one.
---
Anderson Silva > Fedor
#3FS_HUNKPosted 12/22/2012 12:32:18 AM
DarkECOJak posted...
I've heard complaints about Kratos and his forward square, constant sniping Radecs, Raiden's level 1 being way to overpowered and every other thing. But I've always found a way around them and never considered them to be something I can't avoid. But with Cole, and especially with 2 Coles, that constant charge-up with every single player that immediately brings you to your knees and guarantees a level 1 kill... This is the first thing I've ever felt needs to be nerfed.

I'm totally fine with someone using a set-up tactic for a kill that can get someone off guard. I do it with Parappa's mic and level 1 all the time. But it can be avoided if a player is paying attention. With Cole, there is absolutely no way to avoid it if you're hit by the first move. Therefore 99% of all Cole attacks are just these few moves. It's less about earning and more about spamming until it works.

Cole? Cheap? lol because he can combo into a level 1? majority of the characters can.
Play this game a bit longer, cole is far from cheap honestly.
---
"I don't dropshot, I don't camp corners, I don't headglitch." - CornerCamper
#4PrismsbladePosted 12/22/2012 12:36:15 AM
I think your referring to evil coles fully charged giga punch, you can counter by simply blocking.....yea a bit to high lv for you as of now but someday I hope.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#5CrabhammarPosted 12/22/2012 12:36:55 AM
Good Cole is THE most balanced character in the game. Seriously, what a jack of all trades.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting. PSN: Bluechacho
#6Charizard18Posted 12/22/2012 12:38:34 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7DarkECOJak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 12:54:06 AM
Prismsblade posted...
I think your referring to evil coles fully charged giga punch, you can counter by simply blocking.....yea a bit to high lv for you as of now but someday I hope.

Let's knock of the smart ass remarks. Unless someone is willing to back up their skill in a game I find their criticism useless. I'm referring to when you have a team of them doing nothing but that attack. Eventually you're bound to get hit by it, and when you do it actually can't be avoided by any means.

As I said before, every character can SET UP a kill, but his is the only one where you absolutely can't escape if you get hit by the charge. Nobody else has a basic attack that will do this without some kind of combo or exploit. Yes, I said no one.
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#8Gh3ttoNinjaPosted 12/22/2012 12:58:19 AM
Protip. See evil Cole charging Falcon Punch with a super in stock?
STAY IN THE ****ING AIR.
If it does hit you, you go flying and won't get supered.
Srsly. Not that hard, dude.
---
Not really ghetto.
Or a ninja.
#9FS_HUNKPosted 12/22/2012 12:59:02 AM
DarkECOJak posted...
Prismsblade posted...

Let's knock of the smart ass remarks. Unless someone is willing to back up their skill in a game I find their criticism useless. I'm referring to when you have a team of them doing nothing but that attack. Eventually you're bound to get hit by it, and when you do it actually can't be avoided by any means.

As I said before, every character can SET UP a kill, but his is the only one where you absolutely can't escape if you get hit by the charge. Nobody else has a basic attack that will do this without some kind of combo or exploit. Yes, I said no one.

Great we got another whiner getting handled in FFA, get outa here man.
BLOCK, My partners died just yesterday (damn toro lol) and I was left 2vs1 Kratos and evil cole. Not once did I get hit by his punch, its called blocking. Get good.
---
"I don't dropshot, I don't camp corners, I don't headglitch." - CornerCamper
#10aLmosT_bLinDPosted 12/22/2012 1:00:51 AM
Cole users are douches, good Cole just spams his ice moves, combos, and then uses his freeze move again. God this game is so broken lol.
---
Gamertag: Too Relaxed
Call me Mr Swag.