Cole is the first character I've ever found to be cheap

#21judgementaeonPosted 12/22/2012 12:13:24 AM
DarkECOJak posted...
Neverender_IV posted...
You must be new to this game. Raiden's over square can lead into a level 1. Just over square. no charging. or if you get grabbed, he can over square and kill you.

Even heihachi's down circle then square if it hits you, you can be hit with a guaranteed level one.

If you are hit with drakes barrel at the right distance it's a free level one also.

if toro's dive kick hits you, guess what? unavoidable level one.

I think sackboys up throw gets him a free level one also, as well as a shock trap.

ratchet just has to grab you with his vacuum then throw you in a corner and start his level 1. There's no way to avoid it after he grabs you unless he messes it up or is interrupted.

I could go on, but those are just the ones I know off the top of my head.

But you're still proving my point. Those are tactics used to set up kills that take some actual thought or skill to pull off correctly. Cole's is not. His is a basic punch attack where you don't need to exploit anything in any way. Everything you mentioned needs player knowledge to pull off and some form of timing.

Sackboy's up throw requires thought?
Toro's dive kick requires thought?
Sorry if I sound rude, but those are just one move :/
---
This sig will stay until I get/don't get this game for Christmas!!! :D
#22DarkECOJak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 12:14:36 AM
Prismsblade posted...
DarkECOJak posted...
Prismsblade posted...
I think your referring to evil coles fully charged giga punch, you can counter by simply blocking.....yea a bit to high lv for you as of now but someday I hope.

Let's knock of the smart ass remarks. Unless someone is willing to back up their skill in a game I find their criticism useless. I'm referring to when you have a team of them doing nothing but that attack. Eventually you're bound to get hit by it, and when you do it actually can't be avoided by any means.

As I said before, every character can SET UP a kill, but his is the only one where you absolutely can't escape if you get hit by the charge. Nobody else has a basic attack that will do this without some kind of combo or exploit. Yes, I said no one.

LMAO, Blame your lack of skill for it being unavoidable. Also for the latter bold Its called a combo genius, you know a combo into super a majority of the roster can do anyways....

No, if you get hit by the punch the only way you're getting out is if they get interrupted or they can't do the timing correctly. Skill is irrelevant when you're stunned.
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#23judgementaeonPosted 12/22/2012 12:15:59 AM
Come on guys, don't fight...
---
#24xxterradarkxxxPosted 12/22/2012 12:16:49 AM
DarkECOJak posted...
Prismsblade posted...
DarkECOJak posted...
Prismsblade posted...
I think your referring to evil coles fully charged giga punch, you can counter by simply blocking.....yea a bit to high lv for you as of now but someday I hope.

Let's knock of the smart ass remarks. Unless someone is willing to back up their skill in a game I find their criticism useless. I'm referring to when you have a team of them doing nothing but that attack. Eventually you're bound to get hit by it, and when you do it actually can't be avoided by any means.

As I said before, every character can SET UP a kill, but his is the only one where you absolutely can't escape if you get hit by the charge. Nobody else has a basic attack that will do this without some kind of combo or exploit. Yes, I said no one.

LMAO, Blame your lack of skill for it being unavoidable. Also for the latter bold Its called a combo genius, you know a combo into super a majority of the roster can do anyways....

No, if you get hit by the punch the only way you're getting out is if they get interrupted or they can't do the timing correctly. Skill is irrelevant when you're stunned.

raiden's side square does the same thing. the opponent drops down, and they get back up into the super. it requires even less than the cole's punch.

the other moves don't require thought. it's one move into a super. The punch to level one is considered a set up too you know...
---
Psn: zslayer89
#25FS_HUNKPosted 12/22/2012 12:17:17 AM
Prismsblade posted...
DarkECOJak posted...
Prismsblade posted...

This^ lol
---
"I don't dropshot, I don't camp corners, I don't headglitch." - CornerCamper
#26Neverender_IVPosted 12/22/2012 12:17:40 AM
DarkECOJak posted...

But you're still proving my point. Those are tactics used to set up kills that take some actual thought or skill to pull off correctly. Cole's is not. His is a basic punch attack where you don't need to exploit anything in any way. Everything you mentioned needs player knowledge to pull off and some form of timing.

I don't see how simply spamming over square with raiden takes more skill than a punch that you have to charge up each time. or spamming barrels with drake, or spamming a dive kick, or just grabbing. all are equally easy to do if not easier. But also they are pretty easy to see coming and avoid.

If you see a cole with a charged punch and a level one, either block it or keep jumping around. if you are hit while in the air it doesn't work.
#27PrismsbladePosted 12/22/2012 12:18:06 AM
DarkECOJak posted...
Prismsblade posted...
DarkECOJak posted...
Prismsblade posted...

Heres a bright idea for you, DONT GET HIT IN THE FIRST PLACE! Its so obvious when evil coles are gonna charge punch you, either block, and or jump away, its that simple.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#28judgementaeonPosted 12/22/2012 12:19:54 AM
Come on guys...just get along :)
---
#29FS_HUNKPosted 12/22/2012 12:29:24 AM
judgementaeon posted...
Come on guys...just get along :)

irritating lol, but thats the point isnt it
---
"I don't dropshot, I don't camp corners, I don't headglitch." - CornerCamper
#30DarkECOJak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 12:32:12 AM
Prismsblade posted...
DarkECOJak posted...
Prismsblade posted...
DarkECOJak posted...
Prismsblade posted...

Heres a bright idea for you, DONT GET HIT IN THE FIRST PLACE! Its so obvious when evil coles are gonna charge punch you, either block, and or jump away, its that simple.

You can't just foresight everything being thrown at you when you're double-teamed. If you we're that good you'd be undefeated, which we all know isn't the case for any of us, so don't act like you can judge every incoming attack. Especially if both Cole's interchange the attack for when you are about to land on a flat surface like in Hades.
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee