Opinions on 2v2 turning into 2v1 online?

#1TWIAYSDTI109Posted 12/23/2012 11:13:40 PM
What do you all think of matches that start as 2v2 and turn into 2v1?

More specifically, do you prefer one of the two users to sit back and wait? Would you prefer them to refrain from ganging up on you? It's not mystery that 2v1 puts the lone person at a disadvantage.

Just wanted to know people's opinion's on the matter.
---
Black 2 - 1808 0318 6741
...and boom goes the dynamite
#2AbsurdAJPosted 12/23/2012 11:35:12 PM
If I know im going against a noob player by himself, then i will back off and let partner fight them. However, if its a high level pro using a good character then you bet your ass im going to double team. When im in the same situation I prefer to separate both the other players and finish them off 1v1
#3ApolloJusticeAAPosted 12/23/2012 11:54:46 PM
My spike lives to frustrate so when i get stuck 2 to 1 i switch to monkey mode and frustrate the hell out of the double teams. if it is 2v1 on the other side i typically opt to fight one on one if the player is new or of good to equal level. if the character is clearly good with his character... no remorse
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
Post your reliable anti-kratos strategy: Quit the match.-J_Dawg_
#42DFighter84Posted 12/24/2012 12:13:49 AM
frack that. if they're my opponent, whether it's 2vs2, 1vs3 or 2vs1, i attack relentlessly with my partner... or solo if im the one outnumbered.

its pretty bad-ass to be the sole survivor of your team, then you actually pull through and win it anyway.

and on the other side, after eliminating that annoying Kratos, its pretty fun to double team that little frack Sly that's been hiding behind him all match with double team trollin' tactics.

why the hell would one partner ever hold back in a match? you're partners for a reason! fight as a team. "honour" has no place in a video game.
---
2-frackin'-D... The voice of the voiceless
#5jeremy21642Posted 12/24/2012 12:16:43 AM
In stock matches you assume that this is what will happen eventually but having to face 2v1 because your partner quit/dced is frustrating.
---
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die" - H.P Lovecraft
#6CT_HardcasePosted 12/24/2012 12:16:56 AM
If your Raiden,Kratos,Drake,Nariko,or Rank 100+,I'll tag team.

Anything below or none of those four,I'll be fair.

How I handle these situations?Easy.Run,get a hit in.Get my Lv.1-3 and 'cause same havoc.
---
Girl Gamer.
"I Don't need luck. I Have ammo." -Grunt
#7christiankid7Posted 12/24/2012 12:25:09 AM
2DFighter84 posted...
frack that. if they're my opponent, whether it's 2vs2, 1vs3 or 2vs1, i attack relentlessly with my partner... or solo if im the one outnumbered.

its pretty bad-ass to be the sole survivor of your team, then you actually pull through and win it anyway.

and on the other side, after eliminating that annoying Kratos, its pretty fun to double team that little frack Sly that's been hiding behind him all match with double team trollin' tactics.

why the hell would one partner ever hold back in a match? you're partners for a reason! fight as a team. "honour" has no place in a video game.

Is 3v1 an option? How do you do it?

On topic, I really don't want to be double teamed considering how hard it is for some characters to deal with that pressure. I feel that the situation depends on who I am playing as, though. If I were to play as Radec, I would want my teammate to keep the other guys off of me. If I was Dan, I wouldn't care because I plowed through most of my friends with him...If it suddenly turned 2v1....there are some characters that almost certainly won't be able to come back (Radec). I also feel that some people might want to use their normals to set up supers for their partners and not always go for kills. Some characters supers aren't that good and could better their ally by setting up super attempts.
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards
#82DFighter84Posted 12/24/2012 12:47:04 AM
christiankid7 posted...
2DFighter84 posted...

Is 3v1 an option? How do you do it?

On topic, I really don't want to be double teamed considering how hard it is for some characters to deal with that pressure. I feel that the situation depends on who I am playing as, though. If I were to play as Radec, I would want my teammate to keep the other guys off of me. If I was Dan, I wouldn't care because I plowed through most of my friends with him...If it suddenly turned 2v1....there are some characters that almost certainly won't be able to come back (Radec). I also feel that some people might want to use their normals to set up supers for their partners and not always go for kills. Some characters supers aren't that good and could better their ally by setting up super attempts.

3vs1 in versus mode. you can set it up.
---
2-frackin'-D... The voice of the voiceless