Characters who should be in.

#1Kou-NurasakaPosted 12/25/2012 9:48:11 PM
After playing the game, I can honestly say I've no qualms about any characters who were included. They all have reasons for being in the game.

But, I find it reprihensible that a few key Sony games are left out. I know varying problems were likely had with a few they wanted in, but here is my wish list.

Assassin's Creed- I don't really care which Assassin. Aveline/ Conner/ Ezio/ or Altair. But this was a big cash cow for Sony at first. It started off as an exclusive IP, so it should've been a shoe in. Especially with Liberation and AC:3 dropping just a few months ago.

Disgaea- Really, this should've been a no brainer. This is the go to SRPG on PS. My pics would've either been Laharl/ Etna/ or Hero Prinny. Adell would be top choice, but he's not overly popular in the series.

Final Fantasy- Obligatory I know, but this one is obvious. Cloud/ Sephiroth/ or Lightning. I'd hope for Sephy. He'd fit right in.

Kingdom Hearts- Obviously. Riku or Aqua would've been my top picks.

TES- Dovahkin. Nuff siad. Fus Ro Dah for a special? Yes please!

Tales of- Take your pick. Graces just released a few months ago, Symphonia is a cult classic, Abyss is probably the strongest entry for the PS2, and Xillia is coming out next year. I'd either go with Lloyd/ Kratos/ or Milla.

Sonic- Really. I know he was in SSBB, but again, he's a fan fav.

Spyro- Again, a staple Sony title. He hasn't appeared in anything major recently, so he'd be great.

Billy Hatcher- Does anybody remember this weird game? Billy would be great. He could squash people with giant eggs and all kinds of fun stuff!

I'm sure I'm forgetting some major ones. Any comments?
#2taoxadasaPosted 12/25/2012 10:10:50 PM
Billy Hatcher was a GameCube exclusive, and none of those are owned by Sony btw

Anyways:

1st Party:

Robbit (Jumping Flash!)
Dart (Legend of Dragoon)
Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
Rudy Roughnight (Wild Arms)
Gabe Logan (Syphon Filter)

3rd Party:

Abe (OddWorld)
Tomba (Tomba!)

And many, many others.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#3Bestia_SomniaPosted 12/25/2012 10:14:58 PM
Sonic & Dovakin? Wut? lol

Sonic has always shown more support towards Nintendo. That's where he truly belongs. A fan favourite? To who, Sonic fans? -_-

Dovakin. A character from a series that has continually shafted the Playstation, especially with Skyrim. Bethesda don't even deserve to be acknowledged by Sony. They're chumps.
#4SnovvbubPosted 12/25/2012 10:17:00 PM
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Playstation All-Stars.

Playstation.

This isn't a game for ****ing third parties.

Just because we had a few does not imply we need to cram the roster with guests.

Every single time a topic like this is created, I die inside.

Just stop.
---
PSN: snovvbub
PSASBR Mains: Drake, Parappa
#5CrabhammarPosted 12/25/2012 10:31:31 PM
Spyro but no Crash? wut?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting. PSN: Bluechacho
#6ChrisObamaPosted 12/25/2012 10:32:19 PM
Some of those characters you listed has nothing to do with sony. I agree i want to see an assassin creed rep
---
Ninjas claiming to be Jetplanes but they not, pay homage the founder in the house kid, a MILF hunter ask yo' mama, she can vouch.
#7XenoFFvsPosted 12/25/2012 10:40:52 PM
Snovvbub posted...

Playstation All-Stars.

Playstation.

Just because we had a few does not imply we need to cram the roster with guests.

Just stop.

It's called "Playstation All Stars" not "Sony All Stars" or "First Party All Stars". There are plenty of game franchises that made the playstation a huge success including Tekken, MGS, and DmC although Bioshock not so much though it is popular. I say let as many characters in as possible, makes the game more diverse and fun.
---
Brawl Code:4639-9502-2693_Razor
PSN ID: xXAnTeRXx
#8boy_luckPosted 12/25/2012 10:50:19 PM
Kou-Nurasaka posted...
After playing the game, I can honestly say I've no qualms about any characters who were included. They all have reasons for being in the game.

Assassin's Creed- I don't really care which Assassin. Aveline/ Conner/ Ezio/ or Altair. But this was a big cash cow for Sony at first. It started off as an exclusive IP, so it should've been a shoe in. Especially with Liberation and AC:3 dropping just a few months ago.

Third party, so it prolly won't happen, and not a Sony exclusive or IP. I would personally hate a rep from the series. However, I understand the game's popularity, so who knows.

Disgaea- Really, this should've been a no brainer. This is the go to SRPG on PS. My pics would've either been Laharl/ Etna/ or Hero Prinny. Adell would be top choice, but he's not overly popular in the series.

Although third party, Disgaea is definitely part of Sony's history, so maybe a rep would seem appropriate.

Final Fantasy- Obligatory I know, but this one is obvious. Cloud/ Sephiroth/ or Lightning. I'd hope for Sephy. He'd fit right in.

Agree. Lightning is the only correct answer, btw.

Kingdom Hearts- Obviously. Riku or Aqua would've been my top picks.

Because Disney. Never gonna happen, and I'm glad.

TES- Dovahkin. Nuff siad. Fus Ro Dah for a special? Yes please!

Seriously? The TES series has never been representative of Sony at all. It is definitely not happening, and I'm glad too.

Tales of- Take your pick. Graces just released a few months ago, Symphonia is a cult classic, Abyss is probably the strongest entry for the PS2, and Xillia is coming out next year. I'd either go with Lloyd/ Kratos/ or Milla.

Same as TES. Not happening and it shouldn't.

Sonic- Really. I know he was in SSBB, but again, he's a fan fav.

Bestia_Somnia posted...
Sonic has always shown more support towards Nintendo. That's where he truly belongs. A fan favourite? To who, Sonic fans? -_-

Quoted ftw!

Spyro- Again, a staple Sony title. He hasn't appeared in anything major recently, so he'd be great.

I personally don't care for Spyro, but have to agree. Crash could apply here as well.

Billy Hatcher- Does anybody remember this weird game? Billy would be great. He could squash people with giant eggs and all kinds of fun stuff!

lolwat? Not even a PS game (and quite the mediocre one). You're deluded... There are far better characters out there (Sony owned) that deserve a spot better than chicken little spawn... >_>
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied.
#9christiankid7Posted 12/25/2012 11:13:21 PM
*Gives Aku Aku mask to TC*
Might get flamed for not putting Crash in your list....

Lets talk 3rd Party first
A Final Fantasy character from games 7-11 should be in, but won't because Square won't give anything to SuperBot

Sora should be in as well considering
KH1.5 is releasing on the PS3, which marks the first time the series was on PS3
Heard Rumors that KH will be Sony Exclusive from 1.5 on...
Theoretically, all of the games will be rereleased on PS3
See above why its not happening + Disney

Crash is arguably Sony's biggest game ever and deserves to be in this, but the series is currently being held by Activision, which means there was about a 0.5% chance of him being in this

Spyro is also a big name PS1 game, but he's currently in the same predicament as Crash

Snake was one of the most influential 3rd party reps and showed many the power of the Playstation. It was both FF and MGS that showed devs and gamers alike what the Playstation was truly capable of. Unfortunately, Konami wanted to advertise their newest game Metal Gear Rising: Reveangeance, so we did not get snake.

Lara Croft was another big name for the Playstation and is one of the most memorable female leads in gaming, even spawning a movie series. Yet, Square Enix holds the rights to her and will not give her up.

Resident Evil,Silent Hill, and Assassins Creed are big enough on the Playstation to deserve reps.

Lets just say
Cloud
Sora
Crash
Spyro
Snake
Jill Valentine
Pyramid Head
Connor/Ezio
Lara Croft
are the 9 most important 3rd Party Reps

Now the second most important, 3rd party developers that have expressed interest in this game

Disgaea is a pretty important, loyal IP from NIS.

Atlus have also expressed interest in getting in this game. A persona character would work.

Oddworld Devs Oddworld Inhabitants have expressed a great interest in seeing Abe included in the game

Tombas devs have reportedly expressed interest as well. Tomba has a large fanbase of PS fans that woud enjoy the kooky caveman

It was stated by Superbot that they also had the right to use the King of All Cosmos, but couldn't make him work. A katamari character would be a good rep.

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger might be able to offer a unique enough moveset if we get him

Mortal Kombats developers had expressed interest in the game a while back, their head developer saying he'd love Scorpion in the game

So, 2nd most important 3rd party reps
Prinny/Etna
Teddie/Yu Narukumi/other Persona rep
Abe
Tomba
King of All Cosmos/Prince
Ty
Scorpion
are these 7

Theres also the currently running, and heavily requested characters

KOSMOS and Rayman

Now, the final 3rd party reps are the old ones,the ones forgotten by everyone but the fans

Gex had been requested to the point where mods BANNED the word, yes I am quite serious. Gex hasn't been around since 2000

Raziel from Soul Reaver has been requested as well, but hasn't had a game since 2003

So, to recap....as for ONLY 3rd party reps, we have these choices as characters that should get a spot

Cloud
Sora
Crash
Spyro
Snake
Jill Valentine
Pyramid Head
Connor/Ezio
Lara Croft
Prinny/Etna
Teddie/Yu Narukumi/other Persona rep
Abe
Tomba
King of All Cosmos/Prince
Ty
Scorpion
KOSMOS
Rayman
Raziel
Gex

1st party reps will be afterward
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards
#10SkaigearPosted 12/25/2012 11:42:25 PM
XenoFFvs posted...
Snovvbub posted...

Playstation All-Stars.

Playstation.

Just stop.

It's called "Playstation All Stars" not "Sony All Stars" or "First Party All Stars". There are plenty of game franchises that made the playstation a huge success including Tekken, MGS, and DmC although Bioshock not so much though it is popular. I say let as many characters in as possible, makes the game more diverse and fun.

Sony owns PlayStation, what's your point ?
---
Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 2878 6063 3010