Got this for Christmas, not worth the wait...

#1gladwyn101Posted 12/28/2012 4:05:10 PM
Granted, this game has something going for it in concept and control, but the overall character selection and gameplay is disappointing. My problems with the characters are short and sweet, not enough relevant All-Stars that are obvious, such as Spyro, Crash, Dart, and other characters that make you think of Playstation at their mention, and the other issue is that there are no unlockable characters. No point in really playing the game thoroughly if you can't unlock stuff that is meaningful.

Gameplay-wise, don't like the necessity of a Super in order to score points. Makes the battles repetitive. Grabs, you can't hold onto a opponent to pummel them before throwing. No sprinting, character speed and mobility being the same across the board. Big Daddy and Sly should be totally different.

Good game, could've been great, overall, not worth the pricetag.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#2AndKevinBaconPosted 12/28/2012 4:07:41 PM
Crash and Dart are relevant?
#3RainbowsaurusPosted 12/28/2012 4:10:43 PM
So....I'm assuming you bought it yourself for christmas and didn't get it as a gift?
---
http://i50.tinypic.com/eiqrud.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2elgh07.png
#4NewMoonShadowPosted 12/28/2012 4:11:00 PM
gladwyn101 posted...
My problems with the characters are short and sweet, not enough relevant All-Stars that are obvious, such as Spyro, Crash, Dart, and other characters that make you think of Playstation at their mention,

Spyro and Crash haven't been "synonymous with PlayStation" since the 90's, and only a select few people know who the Hell Dart is in the first place.

and the other issue is that there are no unlockable characters. No point in really playing the game thoroughly if you can't unlock stuff that is meaningful.

If you need to unlock random characters for playing the game to be worth it, you're playing the game for the wrong reasons.

No sprinting, character speed and mobility being the same across the board. Big Daddy and Sly should be totally different.

LOL at "Big Daddy and Sly having the same mobility". The characters' mobility in this game comes primarily from highly mobile Special Moves (or lack thereof) rather than actual running/walking speed. It's not worse than anything else, just different.
#5IcyFlamez96Posted 12/28/2012 4:11:09 PM
Mah bad.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#6I_Wanna_CookiePosted 12/28/2012 4:14:08 PM
Superbot reporting in, we are taking your feedback into consideration.

Spoilers
Superbot doesnt give a **** about your specific opinion.
---
I'm handsome.
#7DirtyToenailsPosted 12/28/2012 4:14:38 PM
I've never heard of anyone actually enjoying being forced to unlock characters in a fighting game.

Now I really have seen it all.
#8IcyFlamez96Posted 12/28/2012 4:15:54 PM
DirtyToenails posted...
I've never heard of anyone actually enjoying being forced to unlock characters in a fighting game.

Now I really have seen it all.

You must not have been here before release.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#9PielordXPosted 12/28/2012 4:16:22 PM
AndKevinBacon posted...
Dart is relevant?

---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#10zeldashoPosted 12/28/2012 4:17:20 PM
I got this game for Christmas, it was worth the wait. Your topic is now null.
---
GT:OmegaXP PSN:SgtWiggles WiiU:SgtWiggles
Now Playing: P4A, PS All Stars, Borderlands 2, Disgaea 4, BB:Extend, Ragnarok Odyssey, MH Tri, Persona 4 Golden