Is this game a deep fighting game?

#21geneocidePosted 12/29/2012 11:46:34 AM
Ragnoraok posted...
MlREFOX posted...
SST_Forever posted...
xXxSuQingXinxXx posted...
Compared to Street Fighter, Marvel, Tekken, MK, Soul Calibur, DoA, Persona, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Skullgirls, etc.? No.

Compared to Smash Bros.? Definitely.

TC this guy is on crack.

It's literally SSB without damage and you can't die unless you're a 5 year old.

So you've never played the game, apparently. There is much more depth in this game. Just because the button inputs are similar does not mean the fighting engine is.

LOL, This game has more depth than SSB? In SSB you have to manage spacing, the ledges, health percentage, ledge grabs, etc. Here, the risk system is practically nonexistent for certain characters like Kraots and Raiden since they only truly benefit from the linear metagame. This game may be competitive, but no where near as competitive as SSB. PSAS is an oversimplified version of SSB; take away the skill needed to manipulate your surroundings and place an over-emphasis on combos and specials.

Metaknight.... If you want to point out Kratos and Raiden. Metaknight.

In this you have to manage spacing, Meter(everyones not just yours), Environment as it can take AP or even put you in a stunned state for 5 seconds, ect. The Risk is that alot of characters can AP burst and combo into their level 1. So you approach wrong, you die. It is not "a simplified version of SSB" as they excel in 2 very different areas.

This is like comparing Blazblue and street fighter. It doesn't work.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#22RagnoraokPosted 12/29/2012 12:07:36 PM
geneocide posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
MlREFOX posted...
SST_Forever posted...
Compared to Street Fighter, Marvel, Tekken, MK, Soul Calibur, DoA, Persona, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Skullgirls, etc.? No.

TC this guy is on crack.

It's literally SSB without damage and you can't die unless you're a 5 year old.

So you've never played the game, apparently. There is much more depth in this game. Just because the button inputs are similar does not mean the fighting engine is.

LOL, This game has more depth than SSB? In SSB you have to manage spacing, the ledges, health percentage, ledge grabs, etc. Here, the risk system is practically nonexistent for certain characters like Kraots and Raiden since they only truly benefit from the linear metagame. This game may be competitive, but no where near as competitive as SSB. PSAS is an oversimplified version of SSB; take away the skill needed to manipulate your surroundings and place an over-emphasis on combos and specials.

Metaknight.... If you want to point out Kratos and Raiden. Metaknight.

In this you have to manage spacing, Meter(everyones not just yours), Environment as it can take AP or even put you in a stunned state for 5 seconds, ect. The Risk is that alot of characters can AP burst and combo into their level 1. So you approach wrong, you die. It is not "a simplified version of SSB" as they excel in 2 very different areas.

This is like comparing Blazblue and street fighter. It doesn't work.

Oh, so one character is equal to 2 characters? Actually 4 characters when you include Dante and Sackboy. LOL, the characters that can Ap burst into their lvl 1 are the ones that I have mentioned are OP. It is an oversimplified version; strip away falling off and put them in a cage to bash each other(where you take no damage).

No, you can compare PSAS and SSB since they are so similar.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#23geneocidePosted 12/29/2012 12:13:03 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
Oh, so one character is equal to 2 characters? Actually 4 characters when you include Dante and Sackboy. LOL, the characters that can Ap burst into their lvl 1 are the ones that I have mentioned are OP. It is an oversimplified version; strip away falling off and put them in a cage to bash each other(where you take no damage).

4 has more variety then one. Go to a Smash tournament. all you see is Metaknight. Whats that say about its balance. And actually E. Cole has an AP burst and a easy level 1 combo.

Fine Street fighter is an overly simplified Blazblue imo. Doesn't mean others agree.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#24antking61Posted 12/29/2012 12:23:21 PM(edited)
They're of the same genre but really do have a different feel.

It's like comparing Uncharted to Vanquish simply because they're both in the same genre and revolve around shooting. The games are very very different.

---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#25SerpitPosted 12/29/2012 12:34:01 PM
AcidRainLee posted...
Lol @ the SSB fanboys in this topic that say that this game isn't deep.

Learn how to you know, actually play the game.

To be fair, this goes both ways. People who dismiss Smash as nothing a luck-based party brawler without depth are equally amusing.

Why can't we just coexist? ;_;
---
The game is a lie: http://stilldelayed.ytmnd.com/
Everybody do the Overdrive! http://i.imgur.com/MMl5G.jpg
#26RagnoraokPosted 12/29/2012 1:22:42 PM
geneocide posted...
Ragnoraok posted...

4 has more variety then one. Go to a Smash tournament. all you see is Metaknight. Whats that say about its balance. And actually E. Cole has an AP burst and a easy level 1 combo.

Fine Street fighter is an overly simplified Blazblue imo. Doesn't mean others agree.

4 are fully broken compared to metaknight. So you are honestly saying that 4 broken characters are better than 1? LOL at you because Metaknight was banned from competitive play A LONG TIME ago. All you will see at the competitive PSAS are Kraots, Dante, Raiden, and Sockboy since they are so broken that they dominate the roster. It is ridiculous how SB can claim to be competitive, yet these characters got through playtesting.

How is Street Fighter an oversimplified version of Blazeblue when SF predated Blazeblue and influenced it? Anyways, what ever assertion you make is on you, no matter how ridiculous it sounds. The fact of the matter is that the PSAS battle system is much more simpler than SSB, and was geared for a more casual fanbase than SSB. The fact that blocking is unlimited, there is an over-emphasis on combos, the knockout system is taken out, you cannot take damage, the stages are closed off, and you can only die through supers proves this.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#27chiefofsb78Posted 12/29/2012 1:27:44 PM
MlREFOX posted...

On a spectrum, it is a lot closer to the fighters you mentioned than to Smash. The depth in this game is enough to make it more a fighter than a party brawler.

Please tell me your not serious this is a good party brawler NOTHING more