Can someone explain the risk-reward in this game?

#1SST_ForeverPosted 12/29/2012 9:32:27 AM
I'll wait....
---
PSN- SickShotzToo
Ghost is perfect. QQ
#2legendofskylandPosted 12/29/2012 9:35:49 AM
From recent topic

SST_Forever posted...
Ssb>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this

This is really like smash's dim-witted cousin who you try not to get mad at for being dim-witted, but he's just toO ******* ********

Now i question you, do you even care?
#3MlREFOXPosted 12/29/2012 9:41:33 AM
The risk is encountering banal, unintelligent, obnoxious, childish trolls in the message boards who literally have nothing better to do with their lives than bash a game ad nauseum.

The reward is a fun and deep party/fighter that has given me many hours of fun, quality time with my friends and family.
#4SST_Forever(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 9:43:49 AM
legendofskyland posted...
From recent topic

SST_Forever posted...
Ssb>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this

This is really like smash's dim-witted cousin who you try not to get mad at for being dim-witted, but he's just toO ******* ********

Now i question you, do you even care?

Well, I'd LIKE to like this game. It just seems like its a giant pile of **** compared to what it could have been.
---
PSN- SickShotzToo
Ghost is perfect. QQ
#5wwinterj25Posted 12/29/2012 9:47:16 AM
SST_Forever posted...
Well, I'd LIKE to like this game. It just seems like its a giant pile of **** compared to what it could have been.

More characters and more game modes is what this game needs but it is the first in what I hope to be a series. The gameplay is great and I couldn't ask for more. What things make you think it's a "giant pile of ****"?
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#6NewMoonShadowPosted 12/29/2012 9:51:29 AM
SST_Forever posted...
I'll wait....

The risk/reward is getting fewer kills in exchange for more SURE kills with LEvel 2's/3's VS getting more kills with Level 1's that are more difficult to hit with (and thus more risky).

Everyone complains about Sackboy getting 6 kills with his Level 3 when a good Sackboy who discovered how to combo into his Level 1 could probably get significantly more than that for the AP cost.
#7RockSauronPosted 12/29/2012 10:10:43 AM
MlREFOX posted...
The risk is encountering banal, unintelligent, obnoxious, childish trolls in the message boards who literally have nothing better to do with their lives than bash a game ad nauseum.

The reward is a fun and deep party/fighter that has given me many hours of fun, quality time with my friends and family.

Sounds about right.
---
Hi. I rawk.
#8SST_Forever(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 10:12:43 AM
wwinterj25 posted...
SST_Forever posted...

More characters and more game modes is what this game needs but it is the first in what I hope to be a series. The gameplay is great and I couldn't ask for more. What things make you think it's a "giant pile of ****"?

Here's a few things..

The gameplay is okay IMO. The fact that supers is the ONLY way to take someone out is pretty pathetic. I get that fact that it was a new idea but I simply feel that doing that totally destroys the risk reward. There is no harm in engaging someone who doesn't have a super. At all. The characters don't seem to fatigue or anything. A stamina bar could have probably changed that. This by far is the wrae thing for me and makes it feel like a child's game since you can't get any boo-boos.

This is probably just me but I hate the walls. I get that this game is trying to be different than SSB and I would have been fine with a couple stages with walls and some without (hell I might have even preferred that) but I find it overwhelmingly easy to just corner trap people. In one of the matches I played I think it was a Jak (if not the character does a sliding kick?) he had some guy on a platform an seemed to just be spamming a kick and if didn't seem like the other person could break out (not sure if that's some kind of bug or if he was too stupid to press l1).

The roster is pretty lame. I suppose thats another personal gripe, but meh. It seems incredible what Sony could have done for this game. It could have easily had the ability to **** on anything out there(a least in terms of cast). SSB felt like a real mash up of favorites and captain falcon. I love DMC, GoW(but Kratos should stay in his own universe now, maybe? It annoyed me in MK as well), and UC. Kratos feels kind of natural, but the others don't. I suppose Dante is screwed up now anyways... Why does SSB have Snake and this game doesn't?! They had no ****ing problem putting Cole in twice. Arguable one of the more iconic Playstation characters (well really a bunch of icons aren't in this game). Who the **** even played fat princess or knew what the **** it was before this game? I think it's crazy to put in princess and not crash/snake(they got drake/raiden so why is this a problem?!?)

TL;DR: game has bad mechanics and a lot of other problems
---
PSN- SickShotzToo
Ghost is perfect. QQ
#9SST_Forever(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 10:24:45 AM
NewMoonShadow posted...
SST_Forever posted...
I'll wait....

The risk/reward is getting fewer kills in exchange for more SURE kills with LEvel 2's/3's VS getting more kills with Level 1's that are more difficult to hit with (and thus more risky).

Everyone complains about Sackboy getting 6 kills with his Level 3 when a good Sackboy who discovered how to combo into his Level 1 could probably get significantly more than that for the AP cost.

But when you die you keep your super meter so there's no real risk in saving up to level 3. You can get the **** kicked out of you all match and never die. Ugh it seems so obviously bad to me.

Thanks for your input though. I'm really not trying to troll or anything it's just unimaginable that far cry isn't the number one message board and this game that I feel has soooo many flaws is. I've played a lot of games and haven't ever really been as against the grain as I guess I am on this one.
---
PSN- SickShotzToo
Ghost is perfect. QQ
#10NewMoonShadowPosted 12/29/2012 10:29:40 AM
Why does SSB have Snake and this game doesn't?!

Because Konami asked them to use Raiden instead.

They had no ****ing problem putting Cole in twice.

At Sucker Punch's request.

Arguable one of the more iconic Playstation characters (well really a bunch of icons aren't in this game).

The word "iconic" has lost all meaning at this point.

Who the **** even played fat princess or knew what the **** it was before this game?

Given that it's one of the highest-selling games on PSN, a lot of people.

I think it's crazy to put in princess and not crash/snake(they got drake/raiden so why is this a problem?!?)

Naughty Dog doesn't own Crash Bandicoot, Activision does, so being able to get Drake does not mean they could get Crash.

And I already explained Snake.