Why do people complain about the roster?

#15kittleMonsterPosted 12/29/2012 9:49:20 AM
I mean, it's not like you're going to actively play as every single character. For me, as long as there are at least three-four characters I really enjoy playing as, I'm more than happy. With this game, I have Sly, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, both Coles, Nathan Drake, Sweet Tooth, Sackboy, Toro, and Parappa. That's half the roster that I love, and I'm sure I can find a perfect character to play as for my style, along with others to use so I can mix it up.

What does everybody else think?

(If it means anything, I don't have this game quite yet. I plan at getting it tomorrow thanks to the price drop)
#2TerraponPosted 12/29/2012 9:50:28 AM
I <3 TORO
---
xENDERSgotGAMEx (PSN)
#3wwinterj25Posted 12/29/2012 10:22:49 AM
It's not a bad roster but lacking some characters. People care because choice is good. Plus you have less chance of running into the same character in a game is the roster is big. It's not something I wine about though.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#4Pink_a_DinkPosted 12/29/2012 10:24:16 AM
People complain because, well, lets be real, people need SOMETHING to complain about.

Just look at people with Obama.
#5gameghy555Posted 12/29/2012 10:24:25 AM
Since this is a party game that is revolved around famous video game characters, they expect the most flashiest and popular characters in it. Also, fighting games feel so much more amazing with a huge roster. It's like seeing a girl with a large butt or large breasts.
---
PSN: MoHSalim
http://www.youtube.com/m0hsalim
#6antking61Posted 12/29/2012 10:54:27 AM
For me this Roster is made of of a few characters I like, 1 I love, and the rest I pretty much really hate or have no opinion of 1 way or the other.

Raiden
Heihachi
Drake
Cole
Radec

I'm neutral towards...

Ratchet
Jak
Sakboy
Big Daddy
Kratos

I guess... I only really have fun playing as Raiden, Heihachi, Drake, Big Daddy, and Radec. On occasion Kratos but I don't play characters I hate. I'm like that with any game. Not a bad roster for the 1st entry though. Hopefully the sequel has more characters that tickle my fancy.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#7PegetaPosted 12/29/2012 11:21:32 AM
My reason is simple

2 coles = lazy
#8SephSeraphimPosted 12/29/2012 11:25:46 AM
One single character I love is allways enough for me, and I even got 5 :D
(Raiden, Sackboy, Ratchet & Clank, Dante and Sir Daniel)
#9antking61Posted 12/29/2012 11:29:15 AM
Pegeta posted...
My reason is simple

2 coles = lazy

2 Coles was a requirement imposed by Sucker Punch I believe. It wasn't Superbot's call and they couldn't really leave Cole out of it.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#10IcyFlamez96Posted 12/29/2012 11:31:26 AM
5kittleMonster posted...
I mean, it's not like you're going to actively play as every single character.

Because I like fighting a variety of characters. The more characters, the better. I don't have to plan to main a character to want them in...
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K