Good Cole is going to end up being better than Evil Cole, let me tell you why.

#1Rlaur2Posted 12/31/2012 10:51:30 AM
Good players know that to not get killed by level 1's, you must stay in the air. Evil Cole's two main ways to combo into his level 1 (his punch and up grab) require the opponent to be on the ground. Not an easy feat against good players. Good Cole's two main ways to combo into his level 1 doesn't give a damn whether they're in the air or not. His freeze missile and his tether into the ice shard thing works air or not, they just have to be relatively close to the ground which in comparison to having them fully planted on the ground is pretty easy. G.Cole can catch a person on the way down, when they're on the ground, and on the way up. Good Cole is the real beast.
---
-_-
#2IcyFlamez96Posted 12/31/2012 10:53:20 AM
I think its harder to avoid being grabbed than getting hit by that punch...

But you could be right.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#3BkzUziPosted 12/31/2012 11:04:45 AM
E.Coli punch 2 stronf
#4CHL305Posted 12/31/2012 11:06:48 AM
I like the options Good Cole has. Now that I 999'ed E. Cole I might try out G. Cole. So many combo options...
---
Closet Nerd
#5TheoDerekPosted 12/31/2012 11:16:28 AM
Gcole is great exactly for the reasons you listed. Not only that, but off two of his main pokes, short hopped tether and rocket, he can get ap burst combos. So its special or ap burst from either.

Dude is a super safe hitconfirming monster.
#6I_phantomPosted 12/31/2012 11:18:30 AM
Yeah Cole is easily top 3 imo but pretty rare for some reason online.
#7xBlaze_13Posted 12/31/2012 11:25:24 AM
I dont think hes even top 5, but i agree that he has lots of potential.
---
PSN/SEN: xBlaze_13
#8CrabhammarPosted 12/31/2012 11:28:57 AM(edited)
G. Coli is better but E. Coli is just WAY easier to use. Cole has the learning curve of a freaking cliff but when you learn him, he is untouchable, compared to E. Coli who's game is quickly stagnating as people like dabuz push him further and further to his awesomeness limit. That's why I'm putting Evil Cole on the backburner to learn Cole.

EDIT: You can also do tether into rocket which I believe is a bit better than Ice Barrier.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#9Rlaur2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 11:31:38 AM
Yeah Cole is easily top 3 imo but pretty rare for some reason online.

He's rare because he's not as easy to use as Evil Cole, simple as that. In fact I'll admit that early on I chose Evil Cole because of the simplicity of his punch -> level 1 combo.
---
-_-
#10TheoDerekPosted 12/31/2012 11:35:55 AM
Crabhammar posted...
You can also do tether into rocket which I believe is a bit better than Ice Barrier.

It depends on the height. Lower to the ground you wanna use barrier because if you try rocket, it might not come out. A bit higher you want rocket because the barrier would push them up too high.

Also, I think the Coles are pretty even. Ecole does have tether, 1,1 d3 for a pretty awesome mix up. Uthrow beats their roll and leads into special, oil trap snags them if they try to jump out of a throw and also leads into special.