I don't think Raiden will ever get nerfed

#21NarukuboyPosted 1/1/2013 1:35:47 PM(edited)
I_phantom posted...
Narukuboy posted...
I_phantom posted...
Leebee Link posted...
you can jump out of the "grab loop"

clock also said they never intended for raiden to be able to combo super after his forward throw, so they are going to tweak him, definitely.

Good, that's the only thing that really annoys me about him. I wonder if Ratchet will get similar treatment. Thankfully I've only run into like 2 Ratchets that are even aware he can do it.

Ratchets is very situational. Honestly though, you shouldn't really ever be grabbed by Ratchet ever.

1. He has the biggest grab range in the game. Sure it's slow but cmon never?
2. It's not hard at all to land that. Grab them, throw in a corner or on any small platform and super. If no one is there to interrupt it's pretty absurd.

Grab has extremely long startup and recovery. Just hop and clip him on his head. You also have all day to tech it.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9g3dtmMrw1rduef9o1_500.png
#22I_phantomPosted 1/1/2013 1:43:11 PM(edited)
Except he's not just going to go for throws. He's a zoning character with tons of anti airs and traps. Clockwork himself said it was OP 1 on 1 when he was watching Bum's stream.

Same situation for Raiden. He has the slowest grab animation in the game but he's got crazy air combos and long range normals. You can't help but want to block for a sec and then bam: grab, you're dead.

Edit- It's actually not that big of a deal for Ratchet since that's his only lvl 1 set up I think.
#23IcyFlamez96Posted 1/1/2013 1:41:31 PM
I_phantom posted...
Narukuboy posted...
I_phantom posted...
Leebee Link posted...
you can jump out of the "grab loop"

clock also said they never intended for raiden to be able to combo super after his forward throw, so they are going to tweak him, definitely.

Good, that's the only thing that really annoys me about him. I wonder if Ratchet will get similar treatment. Thankfully I've only run into like 2 Ratchets that are even aware he can do it.

Ratchets is very situational. Honestly though, you shouldn't really ever be grabbed by Ratchet ever.

1. He has the biggest grab range in the game. Sure it's slow but cmon never?
2. It's not hard at all to land that. Grab them, throw in a corner or on any small platform and super. If no one is there to interrupt it's pretty absurd.

He is just 1 of the 15 characters who has a guaranteed level 1 setup, and his isn't even the easiest or anything. What the hell is the problem?
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#24NarukuboyPosted 1/1/2013 1:43:59 PM
I_phantom posted...
Except he's not just going to go for throws. He's a zoning character with tons of anti airs and traps. Clockwork himself said it was OP 1 on 1 when he was watching Bum's stream.

Same situation for Raiden. He has the slowest grab animation in the game but he's got crazy air combos and long range normals. You can't help but want to block for a sec and then bam: grab, you're dead.

Jump more.
---
#25I_phantomPosted 1/1/2013 1:50:23 PM(edited)
Narukuboy posted...
I_phantom posted...

Jump more.

Whoa jumping? I didn't even think to address that in my post. You should tell the lead gameplay consultant and the Smash pros at Bum's house too since they apparently didn't think of it either.

Icy is basically right though so I'll drop it.
#26NarukuboyPosted 1/1/2013 1:50:43 PM
I_phantom posted...
Narukuboy posted...
I_phantom posted...

Jump more.

Whoa jumping? I didn't even think to address that in my post. You should tell the lead gameplay consultant and the Smash pros at Bum's house too since they apparently didn't think of it either.

I will, the next time they are losing to some Ratchet.
---