When will superbot fix Kratos?

#41I_phantomPosted 1/3/2013 2:33:17 PM(edited)
It's very punishable, in fact I rely on noob Kratos players to spam it in my face so I can block and throw them. I just found it funny to say the move would be useless if it was like Nariko's version of it.

Anyway there's a reason I only said AP gain should be nerfed a bit on Kratos.

I will say though that a team of two Kratos just spamming that move is disturbingly effective.
#42ThaCMasterPosted 1/3/2013 2:33:36 PM
Blocking is good for Kratos, it's still too lucrative for him to spam his attacks though.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#43DireProphecyPosted 1/3/2013 2:38:10 PM
ThaCMaster posted...
DireProphecy posted...
That's not the point. The only good times to use Kratos' forward square is when the opponent is above you or below you, not in a situation to punish. If my opponent is on the ground a few feet from me, forward square is pointless compared to his other moves as all it will do is knock them away. His forward square gives him quite a bit of afterlag and is quite punishable if Kratos ever whiffs it.

Highly spammable, autotrack moves just aren't that good. It MIGHT be better if there was a monstrous recovery window to prevent brainless spamming.

It has a pretty big recovery window already. Like I said it only isn't punishable if you are way far above or below him. Fall/jump towards his forward square and air dodge it and you will have ample time to punish.
#44ThaCMasterPosted 1/3/2013 2:39:33 PM
DireProphecy posted...
ThaCMaster posted...
DireProphecy posted...
That's not the point. The only good times to use Kratos' forward square is when the opponent is above you or below you, not in a situation to punish. If my opponent is on the ground a few feet from me, forward square is pointless compared to his other moves as all it will do is knock them away. His forward square gives him quite a bit of afterlag and is quite punishable if Kratos ever whiffs it.

Highly spammable, autotrack moves just aren't that good. It MIGHT be better if there was a monstrous recovery window to prevent brainless spamming.

It has a pretty big recovery window already. Like I said it only isn't punishable if you are way far above or below him. Fall/jump towards his forward square and air dodge it and you will have ample time to punish.

The thing is the better players only use it at that time, now noobs vs noobs they spam it regardless. So it ends up being the same thing unfortunately.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
#45Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/3/2013 4:15:53 PM
forward+square is a cheap move, no matter how much people try to spin it in the defense of Kratos.
#46Eureka_Seven_RLPosted 1/3/2013 7:26:18 PM(edited)
DireProphecy posted...
Eureka_Seven_RL posted...
How is Kratos not OP? People defending him exist really? Are you trolls? A move set that autotracks/cancels other attacks/ and has solid combos. Not to mention his AP gain and his speed. He'll send me flying and could catch me before I hit the ground on larger maps. His supers are top tier even if they aren't the best. I can easily get 2-3 lvl 3s in a match with him while it takes almost the whole match to get a level 3 with any other character.

I could list the things that make Sly, Drake, Raiden, Fat Princess, or Evil Cole overpowered and then Kratos wouldn't seem so bad.

BS. You could mention how they are top tier, which this game isn't balanced by far, but none of them but maybe Raiden deserves the OP tag that Kratos gets.
---
PSN: crow-sama
http://psnprofiles.com/crow-sama
#47ThaCMasterPosted 1/4/2013 5:48:11 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
forward+square is a cheap move, no matter how much people try to spin it in the defense of Kratos.

Yea, somebody literally spammed that the entire match until they got to level 3. Even blocking it is annoying when you have other players bouncing all over the place. He can get you from above and below, making approaching him a pain. That needs to be fixed.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
#48EstheimasterPosted 1/4/2013 9:34:02 AM
itsmeaustin posted...
I told him to switch to Kratos and use side B.

Somebody's stuck on Smash Bros...