All-Stars? there needs to be more.

#21-BrokenSpiral-Posted 1/10/2013 3:03:41 PM
Ballistic_kiss posted...
Raziel in the game, then he is more or less a perfect rival for Evil Cole (both are evil & use melee weapons and powers).

What?
---
Tales only wishes it could match Ys. - lennethsoki <= QFT
#22Ballistic_kiss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 4:25:57 PM
esak1er;

Yeah i listed a bunch of Capcom brand-named characters and i dont see why any of my examples (besides the Onimusha characters maybe on a technicality) couldnt be in this game. First of all your making it sound like the inclusion of any Capcom characters in Battle Royale would impeach on Capcom's fighting game success somehow? I dont see how thats going to happen. By itself, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale isnt a traditional *hardcore* fighting game by any definition, its a brawling-party game. Compared to any fighter Capcom makes, Battle Royale looks like a baby food instead of a 4-course meal. Doesnt make it any less fun, im just saying i dont see how Capcom would feel threatened by letting any of their characters be included in this game. (ohh and aside from the Onimusha characters, no Capcom character i've mentioned has been in a character vs character combat brawling game yet, its fresh territory that Capcom hasnt had an interest in capitalizing in yet).

The game is fun, but at least for someone who's been around Playstation from the start, When i think of Playstation All-Stars i dont think of a 20 character roster from a much larger possibility of characters on a PS3 game more than 6 years into the system's life cycle.

And hey no decision cant be discussed by companies, games now arent about all the interesting things they put into the games anymore (hense the inclusion of DLC, yay). Profits and royalties passed between companies goes a long way to help make a deal happen or not, its not really up to us whether we can justify a character being in the game or not, we're not in the meeting rooms, having conference calls with company rep's trying to come to an agreement. If the demand is there, a price can come up, there should be a demand is what im saying.

(IF a company can outright offer Big Daddy and if Sony can get the rights to DmC Dante, anything can happen, no character should be taken off the table).
---
*it wasnt me it was the one armed man lol*
#23Ballistic_kiss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 4:38:04 PM(edited)
About Dart and the Legend of Dragoon, i didnt miss the point, (were saying the same thing just from different angles). and you're right people are asking for Dart for a number of reasons, but as i stated gamefaqs (from polls over the years) love their RPG characters. Thats why Cloud has had his name thrown out here on this message board just as much also.

Legend of Dragoon was a 4-disc RPG that went greatest hits, those games dont get totally forgotten. Besides i cant see how Parappa the Rappa is any more popular with todays gaming consumers than The Legend of Dragoon is.
---
#24Ballistic_kiss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 4:40:00 PM(edited)
-BrokenSpiral- posted...
Ballistic_kiss posted...
Raziel in the game, then he is more or less a perfect rival for Evil Cole (both are evil & use melee weapons and powers).

What?

You seem confused? have you not played either Soul Reaver game?

Here its quite simple, Raziel was a former Vampire and murdered, instead of dying he comes back as a horrible looking trans-dimensional monster who just wants revenge and to kill anything in his path -most of what stands in his way is evil- and he did this for two games. He uses his freaky new powers and weapons all around to kill just about anything (swords, axes, spears and such).

(Evil) Cole was a bike messenger turned super-villain, he uses extreme lightning with reckless abandon, to hurt/kill whoever he sees fit, aside from his electrical powers he uses an electrically charged melee baton weapon for up close combat.

Now how does my statement about the two of these characters fighting each other confuse you?
---
#25Capitan_KidPosted 1/10/2013 4:35:48 PM
What about the chick from Primal?
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#26-BrokenSpiral-Posted 1/10/2013 4:45:45 PM
Ballistic_kiss posted...

I question if you have, because Raziel is not evil.
---
Tales only wishes it could match Ys. - lennethsoki <= QFT
#27Ballistic_kiss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 4:46:44 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
What about the chick from Primal?

Jennifer Tate?
what would help her chances being in any Playstation All-Stars game;

Primal had substantial sales figures (being a greatest hits helps),
Across many of gaming/review websites giving it a better than average score,
Large amounts of fans being able to recall the character or game.
If the game had a sequel that was released.
Even larger demand for the character's inclusion in the game.

Unlikely she would be in DLC for this game, without large support.
---
#28Ballistic_kiss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:21:41 PM
-BrokenSpiral- posted...
Ballistic_kiss posted...

I question if you have, because Raziel is not evil.

Really? So you consider Raziel (his existence before the game-play begins) a... good guy? A Vampire, from a clan that considers themselves higher beings than humans and other mortals. Who view the process of killing people for their blood as just nourishment for their bodies so their souls grow stronger. The same person who gets outcasted and then exiled in slow agony in The Lake of the Dead, brought back by The Elder, given strange powers to consume souls themselves, travel between the material plane and the spectral plane and get revenge in Nosgoth against Kain.
So, because his motives could be conceived as "noble" in a redemption sense & because Eidos wanted to keep the game rated T for Teen so Raziel doesnt actually kill large groups of humans between monsters. (to broaden their profit on game sales with a larger consumer base Something that Crystal Dynamics and Eidos didnt do on Blood Omen).

The same Raziel who comes back in his second game (not counting the game where He & Kain fight together in Legacy of Kain Defiance, but i mean Soul Reaver 2) goes back in time and ***SPOILER ALERT meets his Safaran self and basically commits a twisted form of suicide in order to fulfill a time-line of events that no one saw coming.***

So ... you would define this character by his motives or the set up of the adventure and not the base history surrounding the character himself, as a good guy? not who or what is he? Especially if by putting him into Playstation All-Stars, compared to the likes of Parappa the Rappa or SackBoy, Raziel is a good guy in your eyes? Well by that logic the Vampire Kain is a damn girl scout then isnt he?

Look im citing references, im not here to start a fanboy debate, you see the top right corner of the gamefaqs webpage? Under your name, Inbox, My Games, Settings and Logout options there is a search bar, there you can type in the title of the Soul Reaver or Legacy of Kain game of your choosing, there you can go indepth into the intricacies of either story line as you see fit,

otherwise id like to stop taking this topic off track anymore than it has, thank you.
---
#29atopthemountainPosted 1/10/2013 5:39:38 PM
sorry this but this is winter break

im not reading essays of ANY kind
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)
#30Ballistic_kiss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:52:03 PM
atopthemountain posted...
sorry this but this is winter break

im not reading essays of ANY kind