Confirm or Deny: Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed has more Allstars than this.

#41Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/4/2013 5:21:29 PM
Doom_J posted...
Can you Dorks stop talking about Crash and Spyro? Jesus christ, i mean if you even know who those guys are, your probably to old to be getting that upset about it. Can you even think of what kind of a moveset they would have in here?

I mean think of it from a business prospective. Activision might be asking way to much for them to want to include them, so is there any way you can really justify the cost as far as their gameplay would be concerned?

all square moves: Crash spin move= Jak spinmove/ Sweet tooth chainsaw (with the possibility to extend the length or move while active),

n2: Crash Wampa fruit gun= Ratchet's devastator/ Drakes grenade launcher (with the possibility of aiming it)

d3: Crash TNT box drop=Sweet tooth land mine/sly coopers mine hat (also, impractical, but maybe give it a countdown time when touched for authenticity, or just timed without even touching)

Thats his whole moveset for the most part, unless they'd wanna pull from his new games, which im sure you all love. I'll even give you some supers

Lvl 1
His sister coco comes out of nowhere and... falls forward or something

Lvl 2
He puts on aku aku (or whatever his name is) and runs really fast while kill touching everyone

Lvl 3
Dr nefarious Has some machine that drops Nitro boxes all over the screen for a few seconds, following behind crash the whole time...
Or everyone turns into wampa fruit and he spins said Wampa fruit towards the camera

Ok so the three bar might have been a good idea, but honestly, i dont know he'd have any type of move thats not already overly represented in this game, and just wouldnt be varied enough to garner intrest.

As for spyro

f1: spyro's ram attack= big daddy's charge/sir daniels shield bash (and given it's spyro, i wonder if it would even have super armor)

d1: spyro's... down head crash thing= jak's down bash/sweet tooth's down crash/ Fat princess's down smash/etc. (nothing of note. at all)

n3: spyro's fire breath=radec's flame thrower/sweet tooth's fire breath (if it's not aimable, it'd probably be more pointless than sweet tooth's, baring a difference in ap gain)

actually, circle would probably just be a bunch of different breath attacks like in the first stupid spyro activision made where he had... bubble breath

Lvl 1 Sparks summons a swarm of fireflies i guess. a small aoe attack around spyro

Lvl 2 Spyro uses a fireball that's like the temporary powerups he got in Riptose Rage and Year of the Dragon. Pretty much like spikes.

Lvl 3 Spyro... Something happens to spyro and he gets to start flying around the screen while shooting fireballs and possibly his other types of breath attacks.

The spyro one almost dosen't sound that bad, but my point is they are not necessary, and thus don't justify the assumed price tag. There was no conspiracy to not add them in. Superbot's MO is not to piss of ps fans, so chill the hell out.

PS. I have a sneaking suspicion Activision wouldn't even allow them to have spyro, what with him bein tied into that stupid skylander crap. As for Crash, Sony may have genuienly passed. I bet he was the downsell for activision.... Sony was like "uh, nah its cool. but thanks"

Clearly you've never even played the Crash Bandicoot games. He does more than just spin and shoot apples, so please stop taking out of your ass. I mean seriously, "Dr.Nefarious"? You could have at least tried to sound more convincing that you knew what you were talking about.
#42Lexmark1989Posted 1/4/2013 5:28:29 PM(edited)
Restriction666 posted...
RoyMaster4 posted...
I.
Basically this.

We got some great new additions, such as Vyse and Gillus Thunderhead, but at the cost of the likes of Ryo Hazuki, Bonanza Bros. and Zobio/Zobiko who were some of my favorite characters to play as in the first game. Also, highly-requested fan favorites such as Vectorman and Toejam & Earl still didn't get in. Superbot, on the other had, were still able to include the PS3's elite (Nate, Cole, Sackboy, etc.) and those of the PS2 (Ratchet, Jak, Kratos, Sly, so forth) It's just the lack of PS1 representation that some fans just can't seem to get over.

Vectorman isn't fully owned by sega and at the same time not every heavily requested character will get in just like with fighting games.

Chzrm3 posted...
I was really confused when they took out Ryu for no reason. : / He was in the first game and SEGA wholly owns the rights, then they just decided to needlessly remove him. Wtf?

They told us why they had to drop some characters, they said they couldn't really get his vehicle together at the time because he drove a forklifter. You have to remember that they changed everyone's vehicle around to 3 forms. Even the concepts they had they couldn't get them all into the game in time.

People keep saying for no reason but being on budget and not being able to come up with a concept for a character is a good reason.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#43SuplexKirbyPosted 1/4/2013 5:27:57 PM
blazin640 posted...
Charizard18 posted...
Cosmic_Coyote posted...

Instead we are stuck with Sony who apparently is too cheap to get even a single good character

Or Activision/Konami said no.

Thank you! Someone gets it.

It's cosmic_coyote

Not meant to be taking seriously.
#44SuplexKirbyPosted 1/4/2013 5:30:45 PM
Xeedragon posted...
blazin640 posted...
You do realize that the companies decide whether their character is in this game right? Come on now.

So you're telling me no other semi-famous franchises were available other than the ones Superbot chose? I mean, think about it: Emmett for DLC.

And you're just another stupid hater. Emmett Graves is a playstation character and is welcome in my book popular or not.
#45Restriction666Posted 1/4/2013 5:34:22 PM
Lexmark1989 posted...
Restriction666 posted...
RoyMaster4 posted...
I.
Basically this.

We got some great new additions, such as Vyse and Gillus Thunderhead, but at the cost of the likes of Ryo Hazuki, Bonanza Bros. and Zobio/Zobiko who were some of my favorite characters to play as in the first game. Also, highly-requested fan favorites such as Vectorman and Toejam & Earl still didn't get in. Superbot, on the other had, were still able to include the PS3's elite (Nate, Cole, Sackboy, etc.) and those of the PS2 (Ratchet, Jak, Kratos, Sly, so forth) It's just the lack of PS1 representation that some fans just can't seem to get over.

Vectorman isn't fully owned by sega and at the same time not every heavily requested character will get in just like with fighting games.

Chzrm3 posted...
I was really confused when they took out Ryu for no reason. : / He was in the first game and SEGA wholly owns the rights, then they just decided to needlessly remove him. Wtf?

They told us why they had to drop some characters, they said they couldn't really get his vehicle together at the time because he drove a forklifter. You have to remember that they changed everyone's vehicle around to 3 forms. Even the concepts they had they couldn't get them all into the game in time.

People keep saying for no reason but being on budget and not being able to come up with a concept for a character is a good reason.

There were still some characters, like Billy Hatcher, which would have fit in perfectly fine yet were removed. At the same time, several roster spots were wasted on secondary characters with few distinctive traits of their own, i.e. MeeMee, Pudding, Gum, IMO. And let's not even get started on Danica Patrick.
---
Official *insert title here* of the PSASBR boards
#46Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 5:36:03 PM
SuplexKirby posted...
Xeedragon posted...
blazin640 posted...
You do realize that the companies decide whether their character is in this game right? Come on now.

So you're telling me no other semi-famous franchises were available other than the ones Superbot chose? I mean, think about it: Emmett for DLC.

And you're just another stupid hater. Emmett Graves is a playstation character and is welcome in my book popular or not.

So if they entire roster consisted of people like Emmett Graves you would cling to this delusion? I'm a Sony fan myself, but this Sony Pony is worse than the Nintendrones.
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
Kewldude475: You...hav(e)...unfathomable skill.
#47fretless58Posted 1/4/2013 5:43:59 PM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
fretless58 posted...
It's got Sonic, Sonic's friends/foes, and a bunch of Sega characters nobody cares about, like that pink-haired chick. Hell no it doesn't have more all-stars.

LOL

"a bunch of Sega characters nobody cares about"

You may as well want to close your ears and eyes and repeat to yourself:

"Big Daddy is Play Station All Stars lalalalalaalalalalalalaalalala" till you believe it

He is an all-star. Just not a Playstation All-Star.
Honestly, I haven't seen anybody talk about any of the other Sega characters. It's nothing but Sonic and his friends, I don't think I'm unjustified in saying that not a lot of people care. If the pink-haired chick is really one of the most popular characters there, then I don't know what to say. I haven't seen any talk of her or any of the other non-Sonic characters.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561197991794515
#48Lexmark1989Posted 1/4/2013 5:43:59 PM
Restriction666 posted...
There were still some characters, like Billy Hatcher, which would have fit in perfectly fine yet were removed. At the same time, several roster spots were wasted on secondary characters with few distinctive traits of their own, i.e. MeeMee, Pudding, Gum, IMO. And let's not even get started on Danica Patrick.

Danica patrick doesn't matter because she didn't take away a character space(yes I was mad she was in at first also but at the same time she's not a bad addition). Pudding isn't even a clone she doesn't share the same car as ulala or the same stats. Also as I've said not every character was going to make it so that billy hatcher argument could work for a lot of characters.

That said I'll give you the clones I didn't want them either, yet at the same time they did like people asked and cut down on sonic characters. They even said they will try and add characters back that didn't make it in the game.
---
#49Lexmark1989Posted 1/4/2013 5:52:06 PM
fretless58 posted...

He is an all-star. Just not a Playstation All-Star.
Honestly, I haven't seen anybody talk about any of the other Sega characters. It's nothing but Sonic and his friends, I don't think I'm unjustified in saying that not a lot of people care. If the pink-haired chick is really one of the most popular characters there, then I don't know what to say. I haven't seen any talk of her or any of the other non-Sonic characters.

Your also probably one of those people who've never seen people ask for kat. There's plenty of sites that non-sonic characters are talked about on like here on gamefaqs and even sega U.S's own site. Besides why do you need to see talk of all the characters, do you honestly think that people need to ask for every character for them to be liked in the game?
---
#50Restriction666Posted 1/4/2013 5:57:57 PM
Lexmark1989 posted...
Restriction666 posted...

Danica patrick doesn't matter because she didn't take away a character space(yes I was mad she was in at first also but at the same time she's not a bad addition). Pudding isn't even a clone she doesn't share the same car as ulala or the same stats. Also as I've said not every character was going to make it so that billy hatcher argument could work for a lot of characters.

That said I'll give you the clones I didn't want them either, yet at the same time they did like people asked and cut down on sonic characters. They even said they will try and add characters back that didn't make it in the game.

Barely. They removed Big, and that was it. The other 7 Sonic reps were more or less essential, with the possible exception of Metal Sonic.

Superbot, in the very least, had the excuse of requiring devs' co-operation to acquire the oft-requested third-party characters. And their DLC will be timed freebies. Can't argue with that.
---
Official *insert title here* of the PSASBR boards