Confirm or Deny: Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed has more Allstars than this.

#51MightymegaPosted 1/4/2013 6:02:25 PM
I can argue that Sonic Racing retailed at 39.99 on all systems and may have more characters that sega fans would like/want(yes even the clones). That said can't we agree that both rosters are ok for the games that they are?
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#52MightymegaPosted 1/4/2013 6:04:05 PM
I'll also be honest if I had to choose which roster is better PSAS would win because it has kat in it so I didn't pick a choice.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#53fretless58Posted 1/4/2013 6:05:11 PM
Lexmark1989 posted...
fretless58 posted...

He is an all-star. Just not a Playstation All-Star.
Honestly, I haven't seen anybody talk about any of the other Sega characters. It's nothing but Sonic and his friends, I don't think I'm unjustified in saying that not a lot of people care. If the pink-haired chick is really one of the most popular characters there, then I don't know what to say. I haven't seen any talk of her or any of the other non-Sonic characters.

Your also probably one of those people who've never seen people ask for kat. There's plenty of sites that non-sonic characters are talked about on like here on gamefaqs and even sega U.S's own site. Besides why do you need to see talk of all the characters, do you honestly think that people need to ask for every character for them to be liked in the game?

No, I've seen people ask for Kat and I think Kat is a great addition. And my point about people talking about the characters is that the reason I haven't heard of most of the Sega All-Stars is because I haven't seen anyone talk about them. I'm not saying the characters are not liked or their games are bad, I'm just saying that I haven't heard of them, because everyone only seems to care about Sonic, which shows because the game isn't "Sega All-Stars" it's "SONIC & Sega-Allstars."
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561197991794515
#54DrunkenMegamanPosted 1/4/2013 6:07:02 PM
I miss Jacky Bryant and the Bonanza Bros... :/
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
"Was it redemption? Not really, it was pathetic desperation and not much else."- Max Payne
#55Restriction666Posted 1/4/2013 6:08:17 PM
Mightymega posted...
I can argue that Sonic Racing retailed at 39.99 on all systems and may have more characters that sega fans would like/want(yes even the clones). That said can't we agree that both rosters are ok for the games that they are?

It's currently ú19.99 in HMV (unsure whether you too are British).

Both rosters are acceptable, but have flaws in their own right.

Transformed's is that it removed too many characters and several of the newcomers were secondary characters with little to distinguish them from the leads of their respective series.

PSASBR's is that, well, put simply, it's too small.
---
Official *insert title here* of the PSASBR boards
#56Lexmark1989Posted 1/4/2013 6:13:14 PM
fretless58 posted...
.No, I've seen people ask for Kat and I think Kat is a great addition. And my point about people talking about the characters is that the reason I haven't heard of most of the Sega All-Stars is because I haven't seen anyone talk about them. I'm not saying the characters are not liked or their games are bad, I'm just saying that I haven't heard of them, because everyone only seems to care about Sonic, which shows because the game isn't "Sega All-Stars" it's "SONIC & Sega-Allstars."

Yes that sadly is true if you view it from that angle, but even a good number of sonic fans care about other characters outside of his series. They just care for sonic himself more which is understandable since he's like a mario.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#57Doom_JPosted 1/4/2013 6:23:01 PM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
Odyssey92 posted...

activision is notriously greedy it doesn't take a genius to figure out the reason Crash and Spyro's absence and Konami wanted raiden in so thats that

and regarding evil cole sucker punch requested this so complain to them

Ok no Konami and no Activision....

Dart? Lara Croft? Ezio? Kuro? a Soul Claibur / Resident Evil / Final Fantasy / Ninja Gaiden representant? ???

Or what every Company became evil and crazy and wanted millions of dolalrs for every character..... yet Namco, Sega, Nintendo, Valve, Tecmo / Team Ninja everyone can get decent characters but freaking Sony and Super Bot can┤t?

Can't argue with stupid, but once again i try

The only one that makes any sense out of all you said is Ezio. Dart is even more obscure than sir dan, and only a true b**** needs to complain about that,

Tomb Raider was NEVER completley a ps exclusive property (Yea, neither is Raiden, but MGS was practically reinvented on the playstation, so he's fine. As for big daddy, its quite obvious that the makers of bioshock and playstation have a special relationship at this point, and dante was ORIGINALLY a ps exclusive as was Tekken, thus Heihachi)

Kuro? You mean Toro's alternate? If i didn't see Dart up there, i'd swear you were trolling. Just stupid.

As for Soul Calibur, Resident Evil, and Ninja Gaiden, idk what to say... You just seemed to be grabbing at straws to make a point. Maybe nemisis wouldn't have been bad to see, but ps didn't initially get resident evil, and it actually makes sense that Capcom dosen't want to give away too many of its characters. DUH, it's CAPCOM. THEY MAKE FIGHTING GAMES. Why would they just give away characters they'd want to use for mashup games later?(Dante doesn't count obviously, since his apperance in MVC3 was the old Dante)

If they were going to take any more characters from a fighting game franchise, it would make more sense to take it from MK than Soul Calibur, y'know, becasue playstation got representation in their game, so tit for tat.

Not even gonna address Ninja gaiden, maybe you should think before you type sometimes?

FF is just wrong for a number of reason's. Let me just say, yes, FF was ONE of the best selling games in the PS 1 era. But that was 7 games into the FF saga, which started with nintendo, and their were, what, 4 playstation FF's before they said screw it and jumped to multiplatform. Square Enix USED to be a big part of Sony. That was a long time ago, and now the number of exclusives outside of sony more than double the one's sony got. Plus, i believe they still have their own brawler in the making.

Now, Characters/ series rep i would have liked to have seen, but im totally fine with not being in (at least yet) are Abe from abes odessy, Kain and aziel from legacy of Kain, and for the laughs, why not throw in Tomba, Jumping Flash, and Bubsy 3D (reeeeally joking about that one)
#58blazin640Posted 1/4/2013 6:26:14 PM
Xeedragon posted...
SuplexKirby posted...
Xeedragon posted...
blazin640 posted...
You do realize that the companies decide whether their character is in this game right? Come on now.

So you're telling me no other semi-famous franchises were available other than the ones Superbot chose? I mean, think about it: Emmett for DLC.

And you're just another stupid hater. Emmett Graves is a playstation character and is welcome in my book popular or not.

So if they entire roster consisted of people like Emmett Graves you would cling to this delusion? I'm a Sony fan myself, but this Sony Pony is worse than the Nintendrones.

DLC IS DLC. Who cares who is it. More characters= better. Quit being ungrateful.
---
There goes my free time
#59Lexmark1989Posted 1/4/2013 6:26:20 PM
Whats funny is that at first the confirm was lower by a good margin, that changed now and its one up since the time of this post.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#60Doom_JPosted 1/4/2013 6:48:43 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Doom_J posted...
As for Crash, Sony may have genuienly passed. I bet he was the downsell for activision.... Sony was like "uh, nah its cool. but thanks"

Clearly you've never even played the Crash Bandicoot games. He does more than just spin and shoot apples, so please stop taking out of your ass. I mean seriously, "Dr.Nefarious"? You could have at least tried to sound more convincing that you knew what you were talking about.

Oops, you got me... I actually have played them all up to CTR including that stupid party game he had. and yea i meant NITROUS O. or whatever his name is. Haven't played a crash game since the 90's so sorry if i forgot the minutia, but come on guy, are you really gonna make this about technicalities?

Tell me what viable moves in this game would crash use? Like i said, its been a while, but i cant recall crash having recieved any other truly offensive powers besides the Wampa fruit bazoka, or hell, just any that would be of use in a fighting game