Confirm or Deny: Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed has more Allstars than this.

#61diebuster2Posted 1/4/2013 7:02:48 PM
Definitely confirm. At least, Sega have their key characters in the game unlike PSASBR.
---
One does not simply state a reasonable, negative opinion on GameFAQS without being called a troll.
#62Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/4/2013 7:13:06 PM(edited)
Doom_J posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Doom_J posted...
As for Crash, Sony may have genuienly passed. I bet he was the downsell for activision.... Sony was like "uh, nah its cool. but thanks"

Clearly you've never even played the Crash Bandicoot games. He does more than just spin and shoot apples, so please stop taking out of your ass. I mean seriously, "Dr.Nefarious"? You could have at least tried to sound more convincing that you knew what you were talking about.

Oops, you got me... I actually have played them all up to CTR including that stupid party game he had. and yea i meant NITROUS O. or whatever his name is. Haven't played a crash game since the 90's so sorry if i forgot the minutia, but come on guy, are you really gonna make this about technicalities?

Tell me what viable moves in this game would crash use? Like i said, its been a while, but i cant recall crash having recieved any other truly offensive powers besides the Wampa fruit bazoka, or hell, just any that would be of use in a fighting game

Spin attack
Tornado Spin
Slide tackle
Body Flop
Fruit Bazooka
Aku-Aku (he himself can do like shoot lasers from it's eyes)
Polar the Polar Bear
Coco (she herself has things like riding Pura the Tiger)
TNT Crate
Nitro TNT Crate
Crunch Bandicoot
Air Glider
Motorbike
Jetpack
Bouncing crate (could work like Sackboy's bounce pad)
Hamster Ball
Crash Team Racing weapons (Sweet Tooth uses vehicle weaponry from TM)

The list goes on...
#63blazin640Posted 1/4/2013 7:11:39 PM
Xeedragon posted...
I mean, if Sir Dan, Fat Princess, Spike, Emmett Graves, and Parappa are considered "Allstars" by Superbot, than no wonder the balance in this game is so screwed up, they were high on Crystal Meth when they were making this.

Wait a second. Did you just that Parappa, Sir Dan, and Spike weren't All-stars?

This thread is done. Lost all credibility.
---
There goes my free time
#64babiesinoupPosted 1/4/2013 7:23:26 PM
blazin640 posted...
Xeedragon posted...
I mean, if Sir Dan, Fat Princess, Spike, Emmett Graves, and Parappa are considered "Allstars" by Superbot, than no wonder the balance in this game is so screwed up, they were high on Crystal Meth when they were making this.

Of course they aren't when compared to the classic Sony characters like Crash, Spyro, or Leon or Mega Man who SuperBot decided not to include in the game for no reason.

ITT: "If I don't like them, then they aren't All-Stars"
#65blazin640Posted 1/4/2013 7:35:33 PM(edited)
babiesinoup posted...
blazin640 posted...
Xeedragon posted...

Of course they aren't when compared to the classic Sony characters like Crash, Spyro, or Leon or Mega Man who SuperBot decided not to include in the game for no reason.

I have to explain this A THOUSASAND TIMES. The COMPANIES decide whether or not their characters are in this game or not. NOT SUPERBOT.

And thats your opinion. Spike and Parappa were more fun to me than Crash, even though I loved Crash. I honestly don't care if he was in this game.

Edit
I didn't read the spoiler tag. Yeah thats pretty much the case.
---
There goes my free time
#66Restriction666Posted 1/4/2013 7:33:54 PM
blazin640 posted...
babiesinoup posted...
blazin640 posted...
Xeedragon posted...

I have to explain this A THOUSASAND TIMES. The COMPANIES decide whether or not their characters are in this game or not. NOT SUPERBOT.

And thats your opinion. Spike and Parappa were more fun to me than Crash, even though I loved Crash. I honestly don't care if he was in this game.

Read the part he hid under a spoiler tag before you blow a fuse.
---
Official *insert title here* of the PSASBR boards
#67blazin640Posted 1/4/2013 7:36:08 PM
Restriction666 posted...
blazin640 posted...
babiesinoup posted...
blazin640 posted...
Xeedragon posted...

Read the part he hid under a spoiler tag before you blow a fuse.

Thanks. Didn't see that.
---
There goes my free time
#68J-Don-BonnePosted 1/4/2013 8:06:10 PM
Deny. They're about equal...

Sony basically got most of their more popular first parties out of the way. I don't know who this "Dart" is, but cult classic or no, if he has a chance *shrug*. Plus, these crossovers tend to be a lot more about introducing people to new series more than anything. I didn't know about Sir Dan or the full extent of Parappa's significance (knew who he was... didn't know he basically STARTED the rhythm genre!). Also, stages also do this... that Patapon stage had me in tears (happy/laughing tears)!

On the side of Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed, I too was sadden by my loss of Opa-Opa, but they made up for it with Vyse, making NiGHTS and Reala racers (in a clever way at that), and Joe frickin' Musashi! Plus the stages add more depth to the whole "introduction" thing... I want Burning Rangers now... ;v;

Downsides for both... well, besides the whole thing with IP holders being stiff in BOTH (Katamari's, Billy Hatcher's with the car concepts, Activision, Squeenix, etc.).

PSASBR is lacking, not so much in PS1's in general but in cult classics.

Sonic & Sega.... same deal (in terms of characters, not stages... I'm sure I'm not the only one who wanted Ristar).

That said BOTH games are trying to "fix" their rosters through DLC (inb4whyEmmettthen?). PSASBR is most likely still trying to get deals with IP holders that declined, while Sumo already had a vote for who people wanted and are going from there (another guest character hit there, though, in SECOND at that, so be warned).

So... about equal. :/
---
Official Spike of the PSASBR Board
PSN: FrossToad Big fan of Marceline the Vampire Queen.
#69Doom_JPosted 1/4/2013 8:29:08 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Doom_J posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Doom_J posted...
As for Crash, Sony may have genuienly passed. I bet he was the downsell for activision.... Sony was like "uh, nah its cool. but thanks"

Clearly you've never even played the Crash Bandicoot games. He does more than just spin and shoot apples, so please stop taking out of your ass. I mean seriously, "Dr.Nefarious"? You could have at least tried to sound more convincing that you knew what you were talking about.

Tell me what viable moves in this game would crash use? Like i said, its been a while, but i cant recall crash having recieved any other truly offensive powers besides the Wampa fruit bazoka, or hell, just any that would be of use in a fighting game

Spin attack
Tornado Spin
Slide tackle
Body Flop
Fruit Bazooka
Aku-Aku (he himself can do like shoot lasers from it's eyes)
Polar the Polar Bear
Coco (she herself has things like riding Pura the Tiger)
TNT Crate
Nitro TNT Crate
Crunch Bandicoot
Air Glider
Motorbike
Jetpack
Hamster Ball
Crash Team Racing weapons (Sweet Tooth uses vehicle weaponry from TM)

The list goes on...

WOW..... where to start.

1.Spin attack= Death tornado spin, at least where i mentioned it. I was actually thinking of the death tornado version when i brought it up, sincepretty much just an extended version (that also allows gliding, making the air glider you mentioned redundant)

2.Speaking of redundant, if you look at my earlier post, i mentioned pretty much all your offense oriented "moves" even mentioned coco as a lvl 1, aku aku as lvl 2, and Nitro Crates drop from N. Oxide as lvl3

3. Polar the polar bear? what is this? i dont even...
but seriously, did you mean in the context of a super? Because i dont remember crash just attacking people with barely cannon polar bears

4. Body flop and side tackle are fine, if not intresting in the least. Were you not paying attention when I was discussing his value as a character?

Body Flop= fat princess body flop/< Big daddy smasher and drakes platform fall.
Slide takle=Drake slide attack/< toro's bone slide

5.Air Glider
Motorbike
Jetpack
Hamster Ball
So his moveset should break down into evasive/mobility based.... y'know, like jak

And you cant just list his modes of transportation and act like "there ya go, attacks"
explain the context. Does he airglide into you? run you over on his motorcycle (I'm not even gonna go there with the hamster ball. Not only is that ridiculos, but that isn't even part of "real" crash bandicoot cannon, since that hamster ball thing was in that ps2 crash game, not the original three. You disgrace yourself with that mention.

Oh and another useless move like sackboy's (almost) useless move. Well worth the purchasing rights.

6. Most of the weapons in that game were based on things crash already had. The only uniqe weapon was that stupid time warp thing IIRC, so unless you meant in the context of a super, im not sure how this makes sense to you.

TL;DR
Yes, please do go on...
#70Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/4/2013 9:26:39 PM
@Doom_J

The PS2 Crash game was the last proper one that released before all the weird spin-offs came out. How is it not canon? Because you're too blinded by nostalgia? Naughty Dog developed that one, so it is a real Crash game and plays like one. The hamster ball actually was used to defeat the first boss by slamming into him with it, so it's not just for traversing.

You lost your credit when you called the polar bear barely canon, despite him being a signficant aspect of several levels in Crash 2.

I guess we can't have people with fists because too many characters are already punching, right? By your logic most of the characters people are asking for would be boring because at least one of their attacks would be similar to an existing attack already in the game. It's impossible to have a completely unique moveset. Even Kat is going to be given a slide attack, despite Toro and Drake already have one. Plenty of characters have an air-to-ground attack. It's a vital moveset tool, just like anti-air attacks and grabs.

Your arguing semantics at this point. He'd be mobile based like Jak? So? Was there actually some point to this claim that was somehow supposed to make Crash seem less worthy of being in the game? Raiden is a combo-heavy character like Dante. I guess one of them should be removed from the game, right? Almost every fighting game has more than one character that excels in a certain area. If someone is a fan of mobile characters then they might feel a bit overwhelmed if they only have one character to turn to that really focuses on that style. There are several heavy zoning characters in this game, but yet you're telling me that two mobile-heavy characters would be wrong? It's not like Crash would really have much going for him in terms of projectiles, unlike Jak.

Just Sackboy alone makes your whole argument moot. I don't remember the Jetpack being used for attacks in LBP, or stickers for that matter. I don't remember Sackboy using the grab pads to suplex people. I don't remember a Heihachi having an attack in Tekken where he sent people off into space with a rocket.