Something this game has over smash

#1p1793aPosted 1/5/2013 10:09:25 AM
Kill stealing is almost non-existent.

In Smash Bros. someone could run and hide until someone was near death, then swoop in and take the kill, only to run away yet again.

In this game, you don't benefit from hiding and doing nothing (except maybe stock) since you have to attack to build meter to get supers. Even in stock, you can only benefit from the lives your opponents lose due to each other. In other words, they can't get you closer to getting a kill by attacking each other. Sure, you can wait for them to kill each other until it gets down to two people, but you can't rely on others to build your meter for you, whereas in Smash, you could have someone else do all the work, and take the kill as your own.

Yes, you can camp in the corner spamming ranged moves all day, but you still can't do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and still swoop in for a kill. Because there is no "almost dead" there is no kill stealing. There is only "ready to kill," therefore any kill you get is yours and yours alone. The only thing I could see as kill stealing would be when Evil Cole uses his level 2 and you toss Drakes level 1 in the middle or something.
---
BAAAAATTLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!!!
#2PhoenixRushPosted 1/5/2013 10:23:39 AM
This is false. Raiden's level 2 is ripe for stealing if you're not in it. Case in point I've used Toro's level 2 on everyone else because he kept them and himself in place for a bit.
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo
#3BkzUziPosted 1/5/2013 10:28:04 AM
No.
You can keep your level 3 and camp til someone uses there level 2 and just use your level 3 to stop their kills. :>
#4p1793a(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 10:37:35 AM
No one is gonna use a level 2 when someone has a level 3. That's stupid.

No one will use Raiden's level 2 and NOT use the initial stun on the people with other supers. Unless they are horrible, in which case you should benefit from them.

My point was that the super meter in this game is proportional to the percent system in Smash Bros. except in this game, it goes up when you deal damage, not when you take damage. Therefore, people can't do all the work for you.
---
#5wwinterj25Posted 1/5/2013 10:41:28 AM
Medusa's gaze is one way you can steal kills.
Using a level 3 super you can steal kills.
Using a level 2 super you can steal kills.
Hell even using Ratchets level 1 super or Sweet Tooths you can steal kills.

I love hitting folk with my level 1 super as sweet tooth. Then they go into there level 3 and boom the battlefield is clear. You are just left with a Sly player looking about for people to kill. :D
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#6AlextheChaoPosted 1/5/2013 10:47:11 AM
You have a point, kill-stealing in this game is almost nonexistent. However, I never quite recalled it being too much of an issue in the Super Smash Brothers games. I don't know anyone who preferred to play timed matches to see who could get the most kills. Nearly everyone wanted to play stock based matches which completely removes the problem of kill stealing in the first place.
I do acknowledge that in Brawl the only online public game-type available was in fact timed matches and the issue of kill-stealing is actually an issue there. If your character didn't have any good K.O. moves (attacks that deal significant enough knock-back to send someone off screen) then you're going to have many of your kills stolen from you; you'll deal a ton of percent damage on enemies only to have someone else sweep in, kill them, and deny you of points. However, most people avoided those characters anyways as they were generally considered weak and I never really noticed anyone deliberately trying to kill-steal. Besides, no one took the online public matches seriously. It was mostly just there for people to have fun and play casually.
#7ThaCMasterPosted 1/5/2013 10:49:43 AM
There's a difference between kill stealing and hitting unsuspecting people. You can't build meter without landing hits, so it encourages people to be active. People who do nothing can't win. It's a 4 player experience so others will be hitting other people.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#8p1793a(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 10:50:53 AM
p1793a posted...
Kill stealing is almost non-existent.

Never said it was impossible. Just not as easy or convenient. Yeah, higher level supers interrupt lower level ones, but who is gonna use their level 2 when they see that someone else has a level 3? And who's gonna wait with a level 3? That's pointless. A waste of time.

And my point was not so much stealing the actual kill, but rather stealing the work put into the kill. I don't care if someone kills me with a level 1 while I'm in my level 2. Good for them. But when I spend time working towards that kill, then not getting a chance to take it, that's when I'm mad. But that doesn't happen in this game like in Smash. It would be like you building up to a level 3, then someone with no meter at all killing everyone and leaving you with no meter.
---
#9PhoenixRushPosted 1/5/2013 12:15:43 PM
p1793a posted...
No one is gonna use a level 2 when someone has a level 3. That's stupid.

No one will use Raiden's level 2 and NOT use the initial stun on the people with other supers. Unless they are horrible, in which case you should benefit from them.

My point was that the super meter in this game is proportional to the percent system in Smash Bros. except in this game, it goes up when you deal damage, not when you take damage. Therefore, people can't do all the work for you.

Good point.
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo