Ain't really that bad of a design.

I dig it.
---
Official Big Daddy of the PSASBR Board.
#42Myles98Posted 1/5/2013 1:52:21 PM
Crabhammar posted...
Myles98 posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
Crash died after CB3. Please stop tormenting that poor soul.

Warped? Nah. The ps2 one. (Cortex's revenge?) was the last proper naughty dog one. Although I felt tag team racing was good (although I don't think it's by ND)

*groan* Wrath of Cortex was made by Vicarious Visions, not Naughty Dog.

Oh. Whoops ._.
---
Noby Noby Boy for PSASBR
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS
#43EurashalPosted 1/5/2013 1:57:11 PM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Where are people getting Skylanders from for Crash?

It might just be another reboot or something

My bad, I thought Vicarious was the Skylanders team (turns out they've done the iOS, 3DS and Wii-U versions of Skylanders).
---
Expect sales to go up in Japan if the Marvel vs Capcom 3 trailer has Jill caught in [Shuma-Gorath's] Chaos Dimension. - DrunkenPilot72
#44Bat178Posted 1/5/2013 1:58:31 PM
Crash Twinsanity was the last traditional Crash game, but it was rushed, so it wasn't as good as it could have been. I personally like the Titans games, but can see why others don't.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#45IHeartJessAlbaPosted 1/5/2013 2:02:24 PM
Huge post, so I'm sure I'm gonna get a lot of TL;DR's, and I really don't care. I've never really talked about Crash before, but people keep bringing him up like some golden idol from PlayStation's heyday, which he never, ever was.

So full disclosure here, while I was the PERFECT age to have got into Crash from jump, I never liked him. I thought he was rather... well, pedantic is not the right word... I guess the best example would be like, Poochy from Itchy & Scratchy. Mario and Sonic were Itchy & Scratchy, and then Crash comes along, and dies on his way to his home planet. He just seemed bogus to me.

Anyways, that's all weird, because action platformers are my jam. So he should embody what I love about video games, and be a part of my PSX memories.

Instead I know absolutely squat about him or the characters. I know him, and that Neo Cortex guy. That's it.

So when I see character updates of him or his "crew" that I know nothing about, it just looks like a cheap Insomniac knockoff. Like, the characters and everything seem fine to me in that "titan" pic that was posted... Aside from Crash, actually. Because he's the only one that I recognized from before. So as far as a "rebranding" is concerned, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that team, save for it looks like a third party developing an Insomniac title for PSP or something. I'm not really feeling the whole fuss about it at all.

As for Popeye-Crash, if they made his hands normal size, he'd be fine, in my book.

But I have absolutely zero care about the character at all. I get that it's akin to a Nintendo fan hating on Metroid or something, so my points are probably invalid. But I come from the exact demographic that Crash was aimed at, and he's NEVER struck a chord with me. If some dev could potentially remake the character, and update him enough to actually get someone like me to be interested in him, why not try?

I don't get all this hate for rebranding Crash. Yes, the tattoos and tiny head are dumb. I was also under the impression that he was given a cheesy Mohawk at some point, too. So I guess they never really rebranded him, and just sunk him deeper and deeper into that punk/rebel/moron hole that he teetered on at the beginning, and now wallows in.

They've tried to make him work. They've pumped out remodels, they've adjusted him and his games. But at the end of the day, he's just a generic platformer. He's not really a mascot. Sure, people love him, and he has a series of games. But he's along the lines of say, a Gex, or even a Banjo-Kazooie. His games are dece, his character is dece, but he's never going to carry a system or franchise on his own.

So while I sympathize with the fans of the games, because he's part of your childhood, or nostalgic in your minds, he really isn't some super mascot. I get that he's a top requested character. But I just feel like he's pointless now. You'll never have PSX Crash again. Any dev that touches him will want to put their mark on him...

So instead of crying about how he looks now, or how he looked then, just realize that the character, and franchise, is completely and utterly dead. And I really cannot foresee them ever touching "old" Crash ever again.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#465kittleMonsterPosted 1/5/2013 2:02:24 PM
Crabhammar posted...
Myles98 posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
Crash died after CB3. Please stop tormenting that poor soul.

Warped? Nah. The ps2 one. (Cortex's revenge?) was the last proper naughty dog one. Although I felt tag team racing was good (although I don't think it's by ND)

*groan* Wrath of Cortex was made by Vicarious Visions, not Naughty Dog.

*groan* Wrath of Cortex was actually made by Traveller's Tales
#47CrabhammarPosted 1/5/2013 2:02:43 PM
Bat178 posted...
Crash Twinsanity was the last traditional Crash game, but it was rushed, so it wasn't as good as it could have been. I personally like the Titans games, but can see why others don't.

It's like Zelda 2. Not a bad game, but it's in the wrong series.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#48Charizard18Posted 1/5/2013 2:04:40 PM
Bat178 posted...

They're good games on their own, but atrocious, awful, horrid games as Crash games. They felt like random beat em ups with the Crash label slapped on it. But if you take away the Crash name, they're decent. They should've just made them new IPs...
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#49Bat178Posted 1/5/2013 2:16:47 PM
Charizard18 posted...
Bat178 posted...

They're good games on their own, but atrocious, awful, horrid games as Crash games. They felt like random beat em ups with the Crash label slapped on it. But if you take away the Crash name, they're decent. They should've just made them new IPs...

Yes. The same thing happened with Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. While it is horribad as a Banjo game, it would have been better as a new IP.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#50ImDyinSquirtlePosted 1/5/2013 2:21:01 PM
IHeartJessAlba posted...
Huge post, so I'm sure I'm gonna get a lot of TL;DR's, and I really don't care. I've never really talked about Crash before, but people keep bringing him up like some golden idol from PlayStation's heyday, which he never, ever was.

So full disclosure here, while I was the PERFECT age to have got into Crash from jump, I never liked him. I thought he was rather... well, pedantic is not the right word... I guess the best example would be like, Poochy from Itchy & Scratchy. Mario and Sonic were Itchy & Scratchy, and then Crash comes along, and dies on his way to his home planet. He just seemed bogus to me.

Anyways, that's all weird, because action platformers are my jam. So he should embody what I love about video games, and be a part of my PSX memories.

Instead I know absolutely squat about him or the characters. I know him, and that Neo Cortex guy. That's it.

So when I see character updates of him or his "crew" that I know nothing about, it just looks like a cheap Insomniac knockoff. Like, the characters and everything seem fine to me in that "titan" pic that was posted... Aside from Crash, actually. Because he's the only one that I recognized from before. So as far as a "rebranding" is concerned, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that team, save for it looks like a third party developing an Insomniac title for PSP or something. I'm not really feeling the whole fuss about it at all.

As for Popeye-Crash, if they made his hands normal size, he'd be fine, in my book.

But I have absolutely zero care about the character at all. I get that it's akin to a Nintendo fan hating on Metroid or something, so my points are probably invalid. But I come from the exact demographic that Crash was aimed at, and he's NEVER struck a chord with me. If some dev could potentially remake the character, and update him enough to actually get someone like me to be interested in him, why not try?

I don't get all this hate for rebranding Crash. Yes, the tattoos and tiny head are dumb. I was also under the impression that he was given a cheesy Mohawk at some point, too. So I guess they never really rebranded him, and just sunk him deeper and deeper into that punk/rebel/moron hole that he teetered on at the beginning, and now wallows in.

They've tried to make him work. They've pumped out remodels, they've adjusted him and his games. But at the end of the day, he's just a generic platformer. He's not really a mascot. Sure, people love him, and he has a series of games. But he's along the lines of say, a Gex, or even a Banjo-Kazooie. His games are dece, his character is dece, but he's never going to carry a system or franchise on his own.

So while I sympathize with the fans of the games, because he's part of your childhood, or nostalgic in your minds, he really isn't some super mascot. I get that he's a top requested character. But I just feel like he's pointless now. You'll never have PSX Crash again. Any dev that touches him will want to put their mark on him...

So instead of crying about how he looks now, or how he looked then, just realize that the character, and franchise, is completely and utterly dead. And I really cannot foresee them ever touching "old" Crash ever again.

Summary: I have no idea what I'm talking about
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying