new Crash Bandicoot design spotted at Vicarious Visions office

#71Chaos_ColonelPosted 1/6/2013 12:32:11 PM
Used to love playing Warped, and IMO, the design looks great. The frame looks cartoony (given all the looney tune deaths it works), the larger arms make for a more believable spin attack, what with added weight. The cheeks bug me a tad, but I'd definitely say this works as a retool of the old character.
#72CrabhammarPosted 1/6/2013 12:44:38 PM
Guys, he's wearing a coat.

Just look at it.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#73ChocoboDreamsPosted 1/6/2013 1:02:03 PM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
zezmeril2345 posted...
Why do companies insist on changing the looks of their best characters.

Can you name ANY character who still looks the same as they did when they debuted?

...Kratos?

The difference being that Kratos debuted in the modern generation. While we're at it, let's have Crash look polygonal and jagged like he did in his original series, just to appeal to your nostalgia.

Change isn't always a bad thing. As a character, Crash was -better- in Titans. He had personality that fit with his lore. I see a lot of potential in the recent re-design of his character (if that poster holds any merit), and I can see it working even if his spin-attack isn't even present in whatever potential new game he may have. So long as he's true to his character, in being a looney tune-esque anthropomorphic bandicoot that drives Cortex crazy, the re-design will work fine. Assuming the game is good of course, which Titans and Mind Over Mutant was not (neither of which has any bearing on the character, or how that character would be represented in All Stars).
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams