Why do people say 1v1 doesn't work?

#1blazin640Posted 1/5/2013 12:51:13 PM
Why shouldn't? So some people have hit confirms into their supers. I'm pretty sure everyone has done 2v2 and the battle soon turns into a 1v1 fight. And in those 1v1 fights, you sometimes beat an OP character. How does that happen if balance is such a big issue?

People complain about balance but so what? Strategy and Skill decides who wins. If I go against a good Kratos 1v1, you what i'll do. Block. Once he gets the hint, he will either throw me or I'll attack.

If I'm playing as a ranged character this will be a benefit to me. I'll keep him at bay and once he comes close, I'll find a way to dodge and keep the pressure on him as far away as possible. His supers don't even have a hit confirm (besides 1) and his supers are SUPER OBVIOUS to read (level 3 aside depending on stage). What about his counter though? Thats a good question. Most kratos don't even know that one exist. If you do encounter one that does know it exist, change up your strategy. I don't know how much AP this gives you but probably not much if you are far away not to get hit after that.

If I'm playing as a melee character, how do I beat him? Counter lol. Or block and attack (you have to be fairly close for this to work). Countering kratos is probably one of his biggest weakness for a melee character. "But his chains are too fast". Practice Practice Practice. Not that hard.

This whole 1v1 argument of it not fitting is stupid.
---
There goes my free time
#2ZidaneskiPosted 1/5/2013 12:54:51 PM
Kratos does indeed have a hit confirm to lvl 2.
#3blazin640(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 12:55:02 PM
No offense, but people who usually say that 1v1 doesn't work, usually are the people who are having a hard time, no strategy, or don't like this game. I never have any trouble with kratos or raiden. Raiden has no range lol, this is a huge weakness that people never realize. Kratos do the same things over and over again. Square smashing. Even if you are having a hard time with kratos, his supers suck unless you are caught off guard (his level 3 is harder but its still easy to dodge on big stages.
---
There goes my free time
#4CrabhammarPosted 1/5/2013 12:56:36 PM(edited)
Kratos has a grab into Level 2. But your point still stands. I agree; really, if you're playing 2 stocks, a Level 3 should suffice. Even in 3, you can't possibly land ONE Level 1? (Sir Dan excluded; may God have mercy on his undead soul).

EDIT: Raiden can fly around the screen horizontally and diagonally. You have good points but you pick the WORST examples.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#5blazin640(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 12:55:43 PM
Zidaneski posted...
Kratos does indeed have a hit confirm to lvl 2.

I forgot about that. Thanks for not being sarcastic about it.
---
There goes my free time
#6blazin640(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 12:57:44 PM
Crabhammar posted...
Kratos has a grab into Level 2. But your point still stands. I agree; really, if you're playing 2 stocks, a Level 3 should suffice. Even in 3, you can't possibly land ONE Level 1? (Sir Dan excluded; may God have mercy on his undead soul).

Poor Sir Dan. Usually people don't realize that you can tech down from his level 1 though so they manage.
---
There goes my free time
#7ChocoboDreamsPosted 1/5/2013 12:58:22 PM
Apparently, SuperBot themselves don't even think 1v1 works for this game, or it would have been in the game from day one. Even now they've simply said they're "considering" it last I checked; for a group of developers that have put so much priority on making the game competitive they don't seem to be putting much priority into 1v1, and I'm sure that's for a reason.

Your argument is moot when the people that developed the game themselves don't even agree with you.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#8blazin640(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 1:04:31 PM(edited)
ChocoboDreams posted...
Apparently, SuperBot themselves don't even think 1v1 works for this game, or it would have been in the game from day one. Even now they've simply said they're "considering" it last I checked; for a group of developers that have put so much priority on making the game competitive they don't seem to be putting much priority into 1v1, and I'm sure that's for a reason.

Your argument is moot when the people that developed the game themselves don't even agree with you.

How is my argument moot? This is the one thing Superbot has done to make me question them. People still want the option to do 1v1 ranked or unranked matches. Why not let them? The people who don't want to do it don't have to and the people that want to can. Its a win-win.

And Super "thought" it wouldn't work. They never said it "doesn't" work so my argument still stands.

P.S. I say all this without anger. I do sound kinda pissed lol.
---
There goes my free time
#9PegetaPosted 1/5/2013 2:24:56 PM
blazin640 posted...
No offense, but people who usually say that 1v1 doesn't work, usually are the people who are having a hard time, no strategy, or don't like this game. I never have any trouble with kratos or raiden. Raiden has no range lol, this is a huge weakness that people never realize. Kratos do the same things over and over again. Square smashing. Even if you are having a hard time with kratos, his supers suck unless you are caught off guard (his level 3 is harder but its still easy to dodge on big stages.

you sir are bad and misinformed. You're argument is at best laughable due to lack of gameplay knowledge
#10RileyRoperPosted 1/5/2013 2:26:43 PM
Yeah, why shouldn't?!?
---
Link to the dumbest poster on GameFAQs.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?