The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why no Final Fantasy Characters?

#1GradieusPosted 1/5/2013 3:01:27 PM(edited)
Friend just bought this and we popped it into our ps3. Alright game, but the first thing I noticed was that there was no Final Fantasy characters.

Why not? Did they feel Cloud/Seph combo is overdone? They could have just added Zack, that would have been enough.

I realize FF was on Nintendo consoles up til FF7, is that why?

At least they didn't add Lightning, ugh ugh ugh ugh.

Edit: It can't be because it was on Nintendo first because Raiden is in it and he's from a series that originated on Nintendo as well. Seems like Zack and Crash Bandicoot would be obvious choices :S
#2AndKevinBaconPosted 1/5/2013 3:01:15 PM
Why Zack? Is FF7 the only FF?
#3SnovvbubPosted 1/5/2013 3:02:42 PM
From what I know, Superbot (the devs) were able to sit down and talk to Square Enix about including Cloud Strife in the game, but they apparently unable to agree on how he would play.
---
PSN: snovvbub
Sackboy main here.
#4highwindmtPosted 1/5/2013 3:03:54 PM
Do you really think a company like SE would let Super Bot use their characters?
---
PSNs: insane_method, ST_Sorrow
GT: FozzieBearr
#5Gradieus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 3:04:44 PM
AndKevinBacon posted...
Why Zack? Is FF7 the only FF?

Well I would have said Sabin but he comes from snes so I just ruled it out as non-sony, even if FF6 was on ps1.

Squall and Cloud or Cloud/Seph are standard choices which is why I would have gone with Zack, especially since he has his own psp game.

While there's other choices (Auron, Balthier), we all know who the heavy hitters are that draw the most attention, and that's cloud/seph/zack/squall.
#6Doom_JPosted 1/5/2013 3:05:11 PM
Because Disidia

/thread
#7ImDyinSquirtlePosted 1/5/2013 3:05:19 PM
Sony does not own Final Fantasy, and thus, has no control on their appearance in this game.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#8Spidermonkey3Posted 1/5/2013 3:06:07 PM
Doom_J posted...
Because Disidia

/thread

this guy beat me to it
---
Gruffy boy
#9j_smedleyPosted 1/5/2013 3:06:54 PM
Simply too expensive.
#10Gradieus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 3:07:11 PM
highwindmt posted...
Do you really think a company like SE would let Super Bot use their characters?

I know SE is a bit of a jerk these days to put it mildly, but I think they could have boosted some of their quotas by incorporating 1 character sure. Royalties aside, just adding your name brand into it makes people interested in your games/companies.

Unless the two companies are like mortal enemies or something.