C/D Drake > Radec at keepaway

#1cuttin_in_townPosted 1/5/2013 10:15:08 PM
Magnum > Sniper

It's quicker, and much more reliable. Radec using his sniper at long range is the most obvious technique ever, as that's his only gun that fires that far. Using it up close is asking to be punished. Drake's magnum is only slightly better since it's much better for aerial battle.

Tranq > Radec's sticky grenade (idle O)

Drake can jump to hit someone at an angle, while Radec only has horizontal fire. Radec's grenade can be blocked/evaded, and he can't do anything about it. It's good for stopping combos though. Missing is fatal. Drake's has less range, but it's effect is much better. Removes the ability to jump, and slows movement down to walking. Dash like attacks still work, however. Regardless, slow down > timed explosive. Especially since Drake can fire his more rapidly with his aerial version.

Grenade launcher (Nathan) > Grenade launcher (Radec)

I know Drake's up square is more comparable, but see next point. Nathan's is on hit, and he fires his upward. It serves as anti-air, and you can actually be hit by it. Radec's can be walked pass, and is timed. It has few practical uses if you're not in an enclosed location, and honestly sucks, imo.

Radec grenade > Nathan grenade

I admit Radec's down square beats Nathan's up square soundly. It can interrupt incoming combos, work as an escape, and has actual worth. Nathan can bounce his off a wall for a defense, but other than that, I don't see much use for Nathan's grenade. Unless you're on the Dojo stage.

Drake's barrel > Radec's up O and side O

They're not really comparable, but Radec's are significantly less useful. The angle he throws them are so only divekicks are affected. Jumping over his projectiles is very easy, and Radec lacks the tools to even prevent it. Nathan's barrel combos into his guns (Whereas Radec's electro grenade only combos into his shotgun, really), and controls the opponent's approach. The barrel is just good period.

Drake run n gun >>>>> Radec's Assualt Rifle

Do I need to explain why? Mobility. Higher AP gain. Can loop. Can cause knockback with gun bunt. Just plain better.

Radec flamethrower = Drake's gatling gun

They're both pretty weak. Drake's atleast has insane knockback, and is good for opponents on lower levels than you. Radec's is anti-rolls, but has no knockback...

Drake's cqc > Radec's cqc

When it's time to put up or shut up, Nathan Drake will kick Radec's ass.

Drake also has better mobility period (air machine gun/rope grind) as well as a ghetto divekick (down O), making his evading skills much better. I don't think I need to mention his cover ability.

Radec's lvl 1 super < Drake's lvl 1 though.

Drake's level 2 > Radec's. They both can combo into it, but Radec relies on nothing being in the way (like walls, elevation, platforms, etc). Drake can actually nail his as a punish, since it's active upon activation.

Radec lvl 3 > Drake's.

Overall, in a 1v1 setting, I think Nathan deserves the title of keepaway king. Radec isn't too threatening in 1v1.
---
Am I gay? No. I'm just not sex-crazed like you.
Man or woman. Elderly or young. Rich or poor. Famous or unknown. I couldn't care less. You're on equal grounds.
#2CrabhammarPosted 1/5/2013 10:16:46 PM
I agree except for one point: all of Radec's supers are better. His Level 2 is just as easy to combo into AND horizontal. His Level 1 comes out so damn fast unlike Drake's super telegraphed Level 1.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#3cuttin_in_town(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 10:19:14 PM
Crabhammar posted...
I agree except for one point: all of Radec's supers are better. His Level 2 is just as easy to combo into AND horizontal. His Level 1 comes out so damn fast unlike Drake's super telegraphed Level 1.

I... actually put the incorrect sign >_> I meant ">", not "<".

Though in 1v1, Radec's lvl2 horizontal advantage hardly matters. It can be reacted to so easily.
---
Am I gay? No. I'm just not sex-crazed like you.
Man or woman. Elderly or young. Rich or poor. Famous or unknown. I couldn't care less. You're on equal grounds.
#4CrabhammarPosted 1/5/2013 10:26:18 PM
I guess. Actually, in 1v1 Drake's is better since it combos off a throw. My bad. Anywho, I think Radec's Up Circle is unabashedly better than Drake's Up Triangle. Still, Drake is better ;>_>
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
#5313ArcherPosted 1/5/2013 10:38:05 PM
Earlier today, I actually did get into a 1v1 with a Drake that lasted for a good long while...

Albeit, we're not that good, I'm just a day 2 Radec, but I believe we were at least somewhat competent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScFx5j0m1xM

54:50

Man, that was long just for me to finally get one stock off of him. Good thing I figured out you could hitconfirm his level 2 from 6[]
#6ZidaneskiPosted 1/6/2013 12:24:20 AM
313Archer posted...
Earlier today, I actually did get into a 1v1 with a Drake that lasted for a good long while...

Albeit, we're not that good, I'm just a day 2 Radec, but I believe we were at least somewhat competent.

Man, that was long just for me to finally get one stock off of him. Good thing I figured out you could hitconfirm his level 2 from 6[]

Drake didn't even use the barrel.
#7313ArcherPosted 1/6/2013 12:28:50 AM
Zidaneski posted...
313Archer posted...

Drake didn't even use the barrel.

Would it have made that much of a difference with all the running I was doing? <.<
#8CrabhammarPosted 1/6/2013 12:30:17 AM
Oh nah, I had to stop watching that during the first match. The Sly was pretty good, but the Cole was clearly in the learning stages and the Sir Dan was pitiful.
---
#9313ArcherPosted 1/6/2013 12:48:32 AM
Crabhammar posted...
Oh nah, I had to stop watching that during the first match. The Sly was pretty good, but the Cole was clearly in the learning stages and the Sir Dan was pitiful.

What about the Radec? :(
#10CrabhammarPosted 1/6/2013 12:59:16 AM
313Archer posted...
Crabhammar posted...

What about the Radec? :(

I only watched the first match.
---