Did you make your favorite character your main?

#1DarkECOJakPosted 1/5/2013 11:34:31 PM
Just wondering what everybody's take on this was. Did you pick your main character based off of pure skill with them, or did you go with whoever you like the best and just get good with them? My two mains are Parappa and Drake, but as far as favorites go I always have a soft spot for Jak and Daxter. Even though uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and Parappa is one of my earliest (and arguably best) memories of early PlayStation, something about the duo never lost my love.

I've recently started using Jak a lot more and have learned quite a bit. I'd say he's one of the most difficult to get really good with, but I also find him the most rewarding. Drake is very easy to build AP with his ability to string attacks together. And Parappa... Well, if I pick him, let's just say my opponent better know what they're doing or I'll be bringing shame to his entire family. But they are both easier characters to pick up.
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#2CrabhammarPosted 1/5/2013 11:35:32 PM
I just got lucky that the Coles and Ratchet were so good.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#3Trickery1688Posted 1/5/2013 11:38:49 PM
Before the game came out I kept saying Sir Daniel would be my main. Medievil was easily one of my favorite games as a kid, and I looked forward to playing as the skeleton knight once again.

And then the game came out and I realized that Sir Daniel, while viable after getting very good with him, is still lacking compared to other characters when you get just as good.

I still love Sir Dan and I play him here and there, but my mains would probably be Ratchet and Drake, two characters I know very little about. Never played a Ratchet and Clank game, and I didn't like Uncharted.
#4DireProphecyPosted 1/5/2013 11:43:25 PM
Before the game I wanted to main evil cole. Played around with him for 2 days, then switched to Drake, then Ratchet, and finally Kratos.
#5TheMickeyPosted 1/5/2013 11:44:57 PM
I love Sucker Punch games and I knew I'd main one of them before I ever saw them. It was just a matter of which one. Sly has a bigger learning curve as he isn't a traditional fighter and I found E. Cole's down triangle being stronger and doing a knock away more beneficial to me than G Coles. So that was that
#6SlyCooperRawksPosted 1/5/2013 11:45:25 PM
Sly Cooper.

BEST. GAME. EVER.
---
I haven't stolen anything... yet
#7PhoenixAssassinPosted 1/5/2013 11:46:26 PM
Yes, and with jak it took a lot of work
---
Its Jak, not Jack, not Jax, Jak
#8RainbowsaurusPosted 1/5/2013 11:48:34 PM
I ended up maiming Spike the most, which is great because Ape Escape is my favorite game.

before I steadily said Drake because I like him and Uncharted, but I can't figure out how to use him correctly. Same with Cole.
---
-Not changing this until Emmett Graves is finally released-
PSN: Rain_Bow_saurus...
#9blitz_0623Posted 1/5/2013 11:50:27 PM(edited)
i don't have a favorite, but I guess it would have to be Raiden. I liked him ever since MGS2. Had a great story in MGS4. I still main him. Just don't like how he's everywhere online. And yeah I still prefer Snake over him.
#10Duke_VassagoPosted 1/5/2013 11:56:44 PM
My favorite psx games represented in PSASBR were Ape Escape and Twisted Metal 2, and I do main as Spike and my second most used character has been Sweet Tooth. Honestly though, I wanted to use Dante and Raiden the most, and Raiden is easily my favorite character of the roster. Dante, well, we all know about Dante...

I guess there's no clear, cut & dry answer for this one for me.
---
3DS FC: 3695 - 1396 - 3458 ://: PSZ FC: 1335 - 5428 - 0092 ://: PSN(PS3 and Vita): TrebleSoul