People still hate Sackboy

#1torch00Posted 1/6/2013 3:47:50 AM
The pre-patch Sackboy memories must be lingering. Ever since I started using Sackboy I've been receiving more and more hatemail, even when I don't win. I get accused of spamming. Every character has their own set of moves that people abuse online, because they're trustworthy. What's the big deal?

It's not like I'm just constantly sitting there only throwing cakes. I actually mix things up because it's more fun that way, but in this last match I still received hatemail for "spamming." It was especially funny coming from a Jak player who kept using forward triangle the whole match.
#2JammerzWPosted 1/6/2013 3:55:42 AM
The only time Sackboy annoys me is in a 1v1 situation. Sackboy is great at running away and keeping people away. I understand Sackboy isn't an overly aggressive character but what irritates me is that I still win, but I don't enjoy the constant chasing. Just my two pennies worth there.
---
Still can't think of a good signature.
PSN: Jamie-All-Over
#3probablyidkPosted 1/6/2013 7:04:08 AM
i only hate sackboy players who sitll play him like it the pre-patch. because honestly... the patch didnt do much difference. people are still gonna spam til they get level 3 and 6 easy kills. people wanted the level 3 nerfed... to not respawn as bubbles. sackboy could very well still do a 1 hit kill but at least you should sitll be able to run away like with dante or raiden's level 3... it's not like you respawn as hidden in a box with raiden.
#4torch00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 6:24:03 PM
I played against many Sackboys pre-patch nerf, but never played as one myself. A nerf definitely seemed warranted, just not the one he got. As someone that mostly plays timed matches his slow AP gain sucks that I'd be lucky to get a level 3, it's not even worth trying for. It's a struggle just to get a couple level 1's a single match, meanwhile other characters are able to get to their level 3 with some level 1's to spare.
#5_-crashbfan-_Posted 1/6/2013 6:33:00 PM
I'll be honest. I still use Sackboy the same way I did before he was nerfed, just use Jelly a lot less. Why? Because he still kicks ass. I get my level 3 about 90% of the time. I do spam cakes, but it's complicated spam with a lot more involved than pressing O.

But it works, still really well, and that's the sad part.
---