Combo-oriented characters or Situational characters? Which do you prefer?

#1Goodbye18000Posted 1/6/2013 1:37:53 PM(edited)
Combo-oriented characters or Situational characters? Which do you prefer? - Results (45 votes)
Combo oriented
37.78% (17 votes)
Situational
62.22% (28 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Combo characters are all about getting your opponent into a combo and not letting them loose. General attacks with them consist of pressing a button multiple times before switching to another.
Examples: Kratos, Dante, Raiden, Nariko, Heihachi

Situational characters, while able to combo, have moves which are more about not allowing the enemy to attack from any angle. They are more versatile, and sometimes rely on a more hit-and-run strategy.
Examples: Sackboy, Radec, Spike, Fat Princess, Toro, Jak, Sweet Tooth
---
Your favorite Canadian LPer! www.youtube.com/user/goodbye18000
#2Lucarioaura22Posted 1/6/2013 1:34:28 PM
Situational, Jak.
---
We do what we must.................
#3NDgamer1122Posted 1/6/2013 1:35:43 PM
Jak, Sweet Tooth, and Spike, so more situational.
#4taoxadasaPosted 1/6/2013 1:36:09 PM
Why not both?
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#5RainbowsaurusPosted 1/6/2013 1:36:13 PM
I'll say situational, since Spike and FP are my two most used mains. I almost never use combos, since I can't remember any of them.
---
-Not changing this until Emmett Graves is finally released-
PSN: Rain_Bow_saurus...
#6DrunkenMegamanPosted 1/6/2013 1:39:56 PM
I hate situational characters (sorry Sweet Tooth...), and Dante has been one of my favorite characters since the beginning. So I'm gonna have to go with "combo-oriented."
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
"Was it redemption? Not really, it was pathetic desperation and not much else."- Max Payne
#7zombiabsolPosted 1/6/2013 1:46:19 PM
situational, sly cooper.

My boo.
---
(PSN - zombiabsol3) Playing:Resident Evil 6, PSASBR, and LBP:Karting. Add me :D
"No More Tears, Not Until I Avenge Your Death" ~ Helena Harper RE6
#8MonixionPosted 1/6/2013 1:46:53 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
I'll say situational, since Spike and FP are my two most used mains. I almost never use combos, since I can't remember any of them.

This. I can never remember long combos, I play too many games to sit down and put the time into learning something like that, it's why I'm rubbish at traditional fighters.

Hence why a character like Sweet Tooth is perfect for me, he can hit hard, has an array of ways to gain AP and doesn't require combos to pull off most moves. I mean props to the people who learn how to chain 20 hits with combo heavy characters, but I'll stick to the simpler 1 button wonders!
---
[[PSN - NekuShibuya]] [[Xbox Live - monixion]]
Currently Playing: PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale [Sweet Tooth]
#9boy_luckPosted 1/6/2013 1:49:31 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...

This. *Gives you cookie cuz Spike and FP are my mains, too.*
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied: http://i49.tinypic.com/2elgh07.png
#10PielordXPosted 1/6/2013 1:54:05 PM
My main is combo oriented (Parappa), but a bunch of the other characters I like to use are Situational. (Jak, Spike, Toro, Sweet Tooth and others I'm forgetting).
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass