Why do people dismiss PS1 characters as wasted slots?

#11LordChewbaccaPosted 1/6/2013 2:26:56 PM
T_K_14 posted...
lucapit posted...
I never knew who they were until This game came out..so yeah..not everyone on the roster is an allstar..more like unknown stars.

I didn't recognize a chunk of Super Smash Bros.' lineup when that game was first released either, so I guess Kirby and Samus were wasted slots.

How is this even possible?
#12Myles98Posted 1/6/2013 2:28:28 PM
There should be an equal spread of PS1, 2 and 3 characters.
Just because some characters aren't relevant anymore does not mean they should not be in the game.
---
Noby Noby Boy for PSASBR
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS
#13T_K_14Posted 1/6/2013 2:30:13 PM
LordChewbacca posted...
T_K_14 posted...
lucapit posted...
I never knew who they were until This game came out..so yeah..not everyone on the roster is an allstar..more like unknown stars.

I didn't recognize a chunk of Super Smash Bros.' lineup when that game was first released either, so I guess Kirby and Samus were wasted slots.

My first console was a PlayStation. Played SSB at a friend's house and the game introduced me to those characters. Kirby has been my main ever since.
---
PSN: T_K_17
#14TheNardDogPosted 1/6/2013 2:33:13 PM
LordChewbacca posted...
T_K_14 posted...
lucapit posted...

Don't pretend you knew everyone there, unless you just mean the part about Samus and Kirby who had incredibly successful games. But it's a good way to show, just because you don't know someone doesn't mean they aren't valuable.

Anyway, I had no idea who ones like Ike and Marth were, due to the fact they were from a not-so-popular GBA game never released in North America (until after SMB). You think PS All-Stars picks obscure characters? Think again. Also Captain Falcon, who had a popular game but was easily unrecognizable due to the fact it was a racing game where you see him much much less than say, Sweet Tooth.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) definitely most wanted AND deserving for PS All-Stars Battle Royale!!!
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.
#15highwindmtPosted 1/6/2013 2:33:30 PM
lucapit posted...

Because youre most likely 11 or 12. If you dont know who Sir Dan or even Parappa is then you must not have owned a PS one. Those games were very popular then and are great representatives of that era.
---
PSNs: insane_method, ST_Sorrow
GT: FozzieBearr
#16DrunkenMegamanPosted 1/6/2013 2:38:14 PM
I actually knew about Parappa before this game came out, I'm glad he's in it.

So yeah, I'm pretty glad that there are PS1 reps in this game.
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
"Was it redemption? Not really, it was pathetic desperation and not much else."- Max Payne
#17ChairstoodPosted 1/6/2013 2:42:38 PM
T_K_14 posted...
LordChewbacca posted...
T_K_14 posted...
lucapit posted...

My first console was a PlayStation. Played SSB at a friend's house and the game introduced me to those characters. Kirby has been my main ever since.

I didn't know about Samus or Captain Falcon, and definitely not Ness, when i first played ssb.
Marth and Roy was also really surprising since Fire Emblem wasn't released internationally at the time of ssbm release.
---
Dynasty Warriors 8 has been announced. Looking forward to it and hoping for a handheld version.
#18zombiabsolPosted 1/6/2013 2:43:29 PM
im 15, the only character i didnt know was sir dan, even though ive heard of medieval (i think thats the name)

also, the only character i see as a wasted "slot" is evil cole. i even made a topic about it.
Parappa is awesome, and i actually saw him through pewdiepies youtube channel.
i heard of ape escape before
Toro, ive seen him plenty of times.
I just didnt know sir dan beforehand.
---
(PSN - zombiabsol3) Playing:Resident Evil 6, PSASBR, and LBP:Karting. Add me :D
"No More Tears, Not Until I Avenge Your Death" ~ Helena Harper RE6
#19SnovvbubPosted 1/6/2013 2:46:35 PM
Wait, really?

All I've been hearing is that the newer characters don't deserve their slots, and this should be PS1 All-Stars.

IE stuff like Sackboy, Kratos and Drake don't deserve their slots over Crash, Spyro, Dart etc.
---
PSN: snovvbub
Sackboy main here.
#20TheNardDogPosted 1/6/2013 2:47:05 PM
I hate Pewdiepie
He's just a screaming little punk who gets views from being an annoying hipster and knowing how to play the average Youtube viewer like a bongo. I was going to add attention whore, so add that I guess. But not very much, those reply girls are worse.

Though even with that, I'm glad he's there.
He gains awareness for ones like Parappa.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) definitely most wanted AND deserving for PS All-Stars Battle Royale!!!
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.