Why do people dismiss PS1 characters as wasted slots?

#41GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 3:57:18 PM
xxxRoxxieluvver posted...
They're wasted slots because they're not from the current generation.

If I had a choice I'd make the roster have characters only the current generation knows.

It'd sell more.

You're precisely what's wrong with this generation. Basically all you kids think is, "It's old, so it's bad."

Seriously, that was the most close-minded post I've ever seen. Do you see people saying only characters from the PS1 era should be present? No. You know why? Because that kind of thinking is blatantly ignorant. Most of today's games are just shooters, so have fun with a total lack of variety.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#42FoolMeNeverPosted 1/6/2013 3:57:53 PM
BigKahn8 posted...
Probably because no one cares about PS1 era characters?

Must be why Crash, Spyro, Snake, Cloud, and Lara are some of the most highly requested characters.
---
A man who argues with people, who aren't even there,
is more fit to rap against this ****ing chair!
#43GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 3:58:44 PM
BigKahn8 posted...

Herp derp I don't care about PS1 characters so that means no one else does herp derp. Resume your 13 year old life.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#44RainbowsaurusPosted 1/6/2013 3:58:53 PM
I was expecting Kahn at any moment :u
---
-Not changing this until Emmett Graves is finally released-
PSN: Rain_Bow_saurus...
#45BigKahn8Posted 1/6/2013 4:00:59 PM
GreatJallopi posted...

If I had a choice I'd make the roster have characters only the current generation knows.

It'd sell more.

You're precisely what's wrong with this generation. Basically all you kids think is, "It's old, so it's bad."

Seriously, that was the most close-minded post I've ever seen. Do you see people saying only characters from the PS1 era should be present? No. You know why? Because that kind of thinking is blatantly ignorant. Most of today's games are just shooters, so have fun with a total lack of variety.

There is an ounce of truth there. It's exaggerated but really, tell me...HOW many PS1 era characters are still remembered that haven't had a game in a long while or without constant revisions or redesigns?

And the "Old and bad" mentality has been thought of by the majority. There's no way to fix it and the majority is always right.
#46BigKahn8Posted 1/6/2013 4:01:54 PM
GreatJallopi posted...
BigKahn8 posted...

Herp derp I don't care about PS1 characters so that means no one else does herp derp. Resume your 13 year old life.

I'm 32 years old mate. I have a wife and kid.

I merely think in things from a business standpoint and a realistic mentality.
#47TheBestGman2007Posted 1/6/2013 4:02:30 PM
GreatJallopi posted...

It'd sell more.

Implying that there's no variety in todays games is just as ignorant. God, look around, or leave your comfort zone. There's plenty of variety, it's not this generations fault you don't see it.
---
So he replies: "and how do I manage?"
I dodge the blast, and apologize for collateral damage.
#48GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 4:04:53 PM
BigKahn8 posted...
GreatJallopi posted...

It'd sell more.

There is an ounce of truth there. It's exaggerated but really, tell me...HOW many PS1 era characters are still remembered that haven't had a game in a long while or without constant revisions or redesigns?

And the "Old and bad" mentality has been thought of by the majority. There's no way to fix it and the majority is always right.

For starters, Parappa the Rapper and Ape Escape, the franchises which I have been defending, are still well-remembered.

And the majority is always right? Are you serious? Wow, I take it back. THAT is the most ignorant thing I've ever seen. Stop being a sheep and think for yourself.
---
#49FoolMeNeverPosted 1/6/2013 4:05:05 PM
BigKahn8 posted...
GreatJallopi posted...

It'd sell more.

Oh, goodie. So, you admit PDP and Tobuscus are both amazing LPers while slowbeef and Diabetus are bottom of the barrel? (no pun intended.)
---
A man who argues with people, who aren't even there,
is more fit to rap against this ****ing chair!
#50zombiabsolPosted 1/6/2013 4:05:37 PM
TheNardDog posted...

It'd sell more.

Respect level = 0%

Don't get me wrong they're good characters but people who came into the PS3 era like me, it'd only make sense at a good business standpoint.

I've been wrong before though. That is my guess.

i dont agree with you, but since a new sly cooper comes out next month, id be happy as long as he stayed in the game, since he would be current with this generation still. <3
also, from a business standpoint, having old characters will attract a group of people who grew up with that character = more money because nostalgia.

a user on here, slycooperrawks, even said he would sell his game if sly was removed.

i still overall believe they mixed the right amount of new and old.
---
(PSN - zombiabsol3) Playing:Resident Evil 6, PSASBR, and LBP:Karting. Add me :D
"No More Tears, Not Until I Avenge Your Death" ~ Helena Harper RE6