Why do people dismiss PS1 characters as wasted slots?

#51BigKahn8Posted 1/6/2013 3:06:42 PM
FoolMeNever posted...
BigKahn8 posted...
GreatJallopi posted...
xxxRoxxieluvver posted...
They're wasted slots because they're not from the current generation.

If I had a choice I'd make the roster have characters only the current generation knows.

It'd sell more.

You're precisely what's wrong with this generation. Basically all you kids think is, "It's old, so it's bad."

Seriously, that was the most close-minded post I've ever seen. Do you see people saying only characters from the PS1 era should be present? No. You know why? Because that kind of thinking is blatantly ignorant. Most of today's games are just shooters, so have fun with a total lack of variety.

There is an ounce of truth there. It's exaggerated but really, tell me...HOW many PS1 era characters are still remembered that haven't had a game in a long while or without constant revisions or redesigns?

And the "Old and bad" mentality has been thought of by the majority. There's no way to fix it and the majority is always right.

Oh, goodie. So, you admit PDP and Tobuscus are both amazing LPers while slowbeef and Diabetus are bottom of the barrel? (no pun intended.)

LPing is a totally different subject where I AM NOT GOING.

You just lumped games and LPing together where, while they connect are different things.
#52FoolMeNeverPosted 1/6/2013 3:08:41 PM
BigKahn8 posted...
FoolMeNever posted...
BigKahn8 posted...
GreatJallopi posted...
xxxRoxxieluvver posted...
They're wasted slots because they're not from the current generation.

If I had a choice I'd make the roster have characters only the current generation knows.

It'd sell more.

You're precisely what's wrong with this generation. Basically all you kids think is, "It's old, so it's bad."

Seriously, that was the most close-minded post I've ever seen. Do you see people saying only characters from the PS1 era should be present? No. You know why? Because that kind of thinking is blatantly ignorant. Most of today's games are just shooters, so have fun with a total lack of variety.

There is an ounce of truth there. It's exaggerated but really, tell me...HOW many PS1 era characters are still remembered that haven't had a game in a long while or without constant revisions or redesigns?

And the "Old and bad" mentality has been thought of by the majority. There's no way to fix it and the majority is always right.

Oh, goodie. So, you admit PDP and Tobuscus are both amazing LPers while slowbeef and Diabetus are bottom of the barrel? (no pun intended.)

LPing is a totally different subject where I AM NOT GOING.

You just lumped games and LPing together where, while they connect are different things.

But the majority is always right. They're popular, meaning the majority thinks they're good. Therefore, they ARE good.
---
A man who argues with people, who aren't even there,
is more fit to rap against this ****ing chair!
#53hotgamerPosted 1/6/2013 3:16:31 PM(edited)
The only one I think is wasting a slot is Toro. This is easily the worst character in history of videogames.

Sir Dan also waste a slot not because he is from PS1 era, but because he is an ugly, brainless idiot skeleton who can't even talk properly. Oh, his game sucked too, regardless it was on ps1 or not. It would have been on PS2 or Ps3 and it would still be garbage.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#54BigKahn8Posted 1/6/2013 3:17:16 PM
hotgamer posted...
The only one I think is wasting a slot is Toro. This is easily the worst character in history of videogames.

Sir Dan also waste a slot not because he is from PS1 era, but because he is an ugly, brainless idiot skeleton who can't even talk properly. Oh, his game sucked too, regardless it was on ps1 or not. It would have been on PS2 or Ps3 and it would still be garbage.

Toro should of been Japan only and Sir Dan shouldn't even be in at all.
#55blax34dmPosted 1/6/2013 3:18:08 PM
Spike is playstation royalty.... who the heck said otherwise?
#56TheNardDogPosted 1/6/2013 3:18:51 PM
BigKahn8 posted...
Probably because no one cares about PS1 era characters?

BigKahn confirmed for 12 years old. That's good to know for later. Will probably explain a lot. Sure someone else already said what I wanted to.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) definitely most wanted AND deserving for PS All-Stars Battle Royale!!!
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.
#57BigKahn8Posted 1/6/2013 3:20:14 PM
TheNardDog posted...
BigKahn8 posted...

BigKahn confirmed for 12 years old. That's good to know for later. Will probably explain a lot. Sure someone else already said what I wanted to.

I am 32 with a wife and kid. Do I sound young and stupid to you?

And kids under 14 don't have good grammar at all.
#58FoolMeNeverPosted 1/6/2013 3:22:46 PM
BigKahn8 posted...
TheNardDog posted...
BigKahn8 posted...

Whenever you post.
---
A man who argues with people, who aren't even there,
is more fit to rap against this ****ing chair!
#59kirusuPosted 1/6/2013 3:55:42 PM
they just arent up to sony's standards
---
gamefaqs. home of the funny and source of information.
#60T_K_14Posted 1/6/2013 4:21:35 PM
BigKahn8 posted...
TheNardDog posted...
BigKahn8 posted...

And kids under 14 don't have good grammar at all.

Well I'm 33 years old, have two wives and seven kids, am a nuclear physicist rock star who's won the Nobel Peace Prize four times in a row, and I think you're wrong.

Wow, arguing on the internet is easy!
---
PSN: T_K_17