A list of characters that take skill

#21boy_luckPosted 1/7/2013 1:05:34 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Characters that take little to no skill

Sly - single attacks and no combos, no special setups to worry about, hes pretty simple. mashing counter attacks and single target attacks and hitting blind supers is all you do really. very shallow character but fun.

Heihachi - while he does have some combos that can take practice, his basic premise is too simplstic, and his setups for supers are newbie level. his level 2 is one of the strongest and is set it and forget it, and his level 1 is comboed into as simple as only Raiden. He builds so much meter that even multiple failed attempts usually result in an average game.

Nariko - shes easy. she just sucks.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, lol.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied: http://i49.tinypic.com/2elgh07.png
#22orpheus_telos84Posted 1/7/2013 1:06:12 PM
>cole
>no spike

Hahaha ok.
---
Im an unstoppable phenom.
:::...PSN and Steam: extintion84...:::
#23ApolloJusticeAAPosted 1/7/2013 1:07:39 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Jak actually takes more skill then what you said Retro. That wasn't even half... Jaks moves are far more complex...

Surprise surprise LES cant be happy that someone was honest about jak unless they add even more.
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
Post your reliable anti-kratos strategy: Quit the match.-J_Dawg_
#24Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 1:08:58 PM
boy_luck posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

Sly - single attacks and no combos, no special setups to worry about, hes pretty simple. mashing counter attacks and single target attacks and hitting blind supers is all you do really. very shallow character but fun.

Heihachi - while he does have some combos that can take practice, his basic premise is too simplstic, and his setups for supers are newbie level. his level 2 is one of the strongest and is set it and forget it, and his level 1 is comboed into as simple as only Raiden. He builds so much meter that even multiple failed attempts usually result in an average game.

nariko is so bad i dont even need to explain.
#25KagePakkunPosted 1/7/2013 1:11:12 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
boy_luck posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

nariko is so bad i dont even need to explain.

Please do.
---
PSN: KagePakkunX.
Official Kat of the PSASBR boards.
#26Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 1:12:09 PM(edited)
does anyone agree and want to post that they agree, or just haters today? because i think thats pretty close to how things are.. as for heihachi since he was the most disagreed with, yes i do find him easy..he has some complex stuff but none of it is required to do good, because he builds meter so fast off of basic square attacks, and his supers do not take skill at all, two of the three are AI controlled, and the only one that isnt, can be hitstunned into with a simple forward square. do you really disagree that heihachi is raiden level easy? thats how i feel...
#27TheAgent41Posted 1/7/2013 1:11:41 PM
Dan takes a LOT of skill
---
I'm Your Host, TheAgent41!
#28ThaCMasterPosted 1/7/2013 1:12:27 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
ThaCMaster posted...
Ratchet takes special zoning and his moves all have considerable lag. You have to use all of his tools to be effective instead of spamming one thing. The vacuum is slow and easy to avoid and his level 1 takes a good read and timing. His combos also take juggling vs mashing buttons.

Parappa is beginner friendly and has great supers (one that's guaranteed) and can camp and give free AP to him and his teammates.

Fattie P has soldiers that do big stun allowing her an easier combo into super than anybody else.

This list is way off. This isn't a "my favorite character vs the ones I hate" thread.

1) are you trying to say ratchet is hard? hes def one of the easiest characters.

2) PaRappa isnt used by newbies, he is a more advanced character who focuses mostly on wall bounce combos, and tries to hit rapid level 1s on properly juggled characters. hes easy to use against other newbies if you spam his mic grab, but against someone who knows what theyre doing, youll whiff far too long to ever do that, youll have to rely on your agility and quick wit, as well as challenge yourself with landing one of the harder level 1s of the game.

3) fat princess is one of the most challenging, shes very combo centric, and her combos arent readily obvious. she has a high skill cap. she isnt used much, probably the least played, but really powerful only if you know what youre doing. a newbie would just get wrecked with her. her level 1 is fairly slow, and not reliable unless comboed into, so a newbie would have a very difficult time playing a fighter where they would need to depend on a level 1.

Parappa is used by noobs, he even has a move that drags the opponent to him. He has many combos and juggles and great supers.

Ratchet is not easy to use properly and played by noobs. You can't really spam anything and he has slow startup on all of his moves. His level 2 and level 3 aren't as great as many others. He takes special zoning, and most suck at zoning. I've seen few good Ratchet's online.

Fat Princess just isn't as popular. She can spam her guardians and keep moving, her air swordsman is safe and leads to massive stun, and she can combo into level one easier than anybody in a game.

Ratchet depends solely on his level one. I haven't seen Ratchet players dominate with his level 2 and level 3.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#29ThaCMasterPosted 1/7/2013 1:13:31 PM
Also noobs pick Cole and can do quite well by spamming his projectiles and especially Evil Cole has user friendly supers.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#30Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 1:13:35 PM
TheAgent41 posted...
Dan takes a LOT of skill

most of his attacks feel so hack and slash. you mash square and juggle them in the air and do a super 9 times out of 10. you sit to the side and spam his throwing axe move. most of his moveset is useless which makes him even easier because hes basically playing with half of a competitive moveset. i think hes really easy.