A list of characters that take skill

#31Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 2:15:49 PM(edited)
KagePakkun posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
boy_luck posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Characters that take little to no skill

Sly - single attacks and no combos, no special setups to worry about, hes pretty simple. mashing counter attacks and single target attacks and hitting blind supers is all you do really. very shallow character but fun.

Heihachi - while he does have some combos that can take practice, his basic premise is too simplstic, and his setups for supers are newbie level. his level 2 is one of the strongest and is set it and forget it, and his level 1 is comboed into as simple as only Raiden. He builds so much meter that even multiple failed attempts usually result in an average game.

Nariko - shes easy. she just sucks.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, lol.

nariko is so bad i dont even need to explain.

Please do.

nariko doesnt take skill because all of her attacks leave her in "safe" mode. her supers are challenging, but only because theyre broken. she is a broken character. i think when they bother balancing her properly then i will actually acknowledge her existance in this game. as it stands now you are only challenged artificially because shes useless.
#32Charizard18Posted 1/7/2013 2:17:24 PM
Toro takes skill to be good with, it's just the frequent Divekick loop spammers that give us a bad name. There are quite a few of them...

I guess if you're one of those people who spam the loop then it doesn't really take much skill to be good with him, but if you actually do spam it then shame on you. You're no better than the Raiden and Drake loop spammers. >:(
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#33LightEcoSagePosted 1/7/2013 2:17:36 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Jak actually takes more skill then what you said Retro. That wasn't even half... Jaks moves are far more complex...

jaks supers are the only thing that really requires skill to pull off. what part of his moveset do you find challenging? he isnt combo centric so he uses basic attack strings, and he has VERY situational combos that require little thought such as down circle into forward square, or some stuff with his air board on certain stages such as the stowaways which seems tailor suited for many of his aerial attacks. so situational. some of his moveset is useless, but i wouldnt say that makes him require skill, rather you should just ignore useless moves such as mass inverter.

No his supers are not the only thing hard about him. Im pretty sure you haven't played Jak long enough to form this opinion. Im a Jak main and fan so I know hes complex. He actually has many combos as well. If he's only mid hard to use how about you face me with Jak and see how far you get...
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/BlueDiamond93.png
"Dax... the Dark Eco... it feels far away. I feel better!" ~Jak
#34NDgamer1122Posted 1/7/2013 2:17:48 PM
I'm just gonna block Retro. His topics are getting annoying. =/
#35Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 2:20:09 PM
Parappa is used by noobs, he even has a move that drags the opponent to him. He has many combos and juggles and great supers.

Ratchet is not easy to use properly and played by noobs. You can't really spam anything and he has slow startup on all of his moves. His level 2 and level 3 aren't as great as many others. He takes special zoning, and most suck at zoning. I've seen few good Ratchet's online.

Fat Princess just isn't as popular. She can spam her guardians and keep moving, her air swordsman is safe and leads to massive stun, and she can combo into level one easier than anybody in a game.

Ratchet depends solely on his level one. I haven't seen Ratchet players dominate with his level 2 and level 3.

1) as ive stated the move that drags you to them has an incredibly long whiff time, and can easily be blocked. it does not work reliably on skilled players. this move will only work regularly on newer players.

2) she isnt popular for multiple reasons, but i think her difficulty is definately one of them. she cant combo easier into lvl1 than others, i actually think its harder for her. if you want easy lvl1 setup look at raiden, heihachi, or giga punch.

3) you can definately spam with ratchet. both his sniper and his forward triangle, as well as his neutral triangle are very spammable. there is no special zoning its simply mid ranged, and his forward circle interupts attacks giving him even greater leeway. most of his moves cause an eject, so its easy to hit his supers.
#36TheAgent41Posted 1/7/2013 2:21:01 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
TheAgent41 posted...
Dan takes a LOT of skill

most of his attacks feel so hack and slash. you mash square and juggle them in the air and do a super 9 times out of 10. you sit to the side and spam his throwing axe move. most of his moveset is useless which makes him even easier because hes basically playing with half of a competitive moveset. i think hes really easy.

He's not as spam happy as you make him out to be. His Level 1 is hard to land unless you are an expert, and he's so slow in both moving speed and the speed of his attacks. He may not be the hardest character, but he definitely takes some skill to get good at without spamming like Kratos or Raiden
---
I'm Your Host, TheAgent41!
#37DireProphecyPosted 1/7/2013 2:21:06 PM
All characters benefit from having skill though.
#38KagePakkunPosted 1/7/2013 2:21:43 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
KagePakkun posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
boy_luck posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Characters that take little to no skill

Sly - single attacks and no combos, no special setups to worry about, hes pretty simple. mashing counter attacks and single target attacks and hitting blind supers is all you do really. very shallow character but fun.

Heihachi - while he does have some combos that can take practice, his basic premise is too simplstic, and his setups for supers are newbie level. his level 2 is one of the strongest and is set it and forget it, and his level 1 is comboed into as simple as only Raiden. He builds so much meter that even multiple failed attempts usually result in an average game.

Nariko - shes easy. she just sucks.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, lol.

nariko is so bad i dont even need to explain.

Please do.

nariko doesnt take skill because all of her attacks leave her in "safe" mode. her supers are challenging, but only because theyre broken. she is a broken character. i think when they bother balancing her properly then i will actually acknowledge her existance in this game.

Why are her supers broken? If you mean in a bad way, then I understand.
---
PSN: KagePakkunX.
Official Kat of the PSASBR boards.
#39wwinterj25Posted 1/7/2013 2:23:03 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Im a Jak main and fan so I know hes complex.

I would never have guessed! It could even pass as opinions.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#40Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 2:23:05 PM
Charizard18 posted...
Toro takes skill to be good with, it's just the frequent Divekick loop spammers that give us a bad name. There are quite a few of them...

I guess if you're one of those people who spam the loop then it doesn't really take much skill to be good with him, but if you actually do spam it then shame on you. You're no better than the Raiden and Drake loop spammers. >:(

if it isnt the dive kick its the grappling hook, or the justice form single attacks build a whole lot of AP quickly, and none of toros supers are hard to hit. he has tremendous range on all of them. he also has a very easy to use crumple that is simply "Triangle" in justice form, so most of his attacks are easily followed into. what exactly is difficult about Toro? i dont think ive ever seen anyone do a very complex combo with him, so its all in theory, but if we ever get there in random play them ok...as for now hes used plenty by newbies and they do fine with him. heck i do great with toro and hes one of my lesser used.