A list of characters that take skill

#41Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 2:24:00 PM
NDgamer1122 posted...
I'm just gonna block Retro. His topics are getting annoying. =/

why? im not flooding the board or anything if you dont like me you dont have to post here. im giving reasons i feel the way i do, its not like im simply acting arrogant.
#42boy_luckPosted 1/7/2013 2:24:22 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
does anyone agree and want to post that they agree, or just haters today? because i think thats pretty close to how things are.. as for heihachi since he was the most disagreed with, yes i do find him easy..he has some complex stuff but none of it is required to do good, because he builds meter so fast off of basic square attacks, and his supers do not take skill at all, two of the three are AI controlled, and the only one that isnt, can be hitstunned into with a simple forward square. do you really disagree that heihachi is raiden level easy? thats how i feel...

So, just because you posted factoids on your original post (that you clearly took out of you ass) and we disagree with them we're haters?
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied: http://i49.tinypic.com/2elgh07.png
#43ThaCMasterPosted 1/7/2013 2:25:54 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Parappa is used by noobs, he even has a move that drags the opponent to him. He has many combos and juggles and great supers.

Ratchet is not easy to use properly and played by noobs. You can't really spam anything and he has slow startup on all of his moves. His level 2 and level 3 aren't as great as many others. He takes special zoning, and most suck at zoning. I've seen few good Ratchet's online.

Fat Princess just isn't as popular. She can spam her guardians and keep moving, her air swordsman is safe and leads to massive stun, and she can combo into level one easier than anybody in a game.

Ratchet depends solely on his level one. I haven't seen Ratchet players dominate with his level 2 and level 3.

1) as ive stated the move that drags you to them has an incredibly long whiff time, and can easily be blocked. it does not work reliably on skilled players. this move will only work regularly on newer players.

2) she isnt popular for multiple reasons, but i think her difficulty is definately one of them. she cant combo easier into lvl1 than others, i actually think its harder for her. if you want easy lvl1 setup look at raiden, heihachi, or giga punch.

3) you can definately spam with ratchet. both his sniper and his forward triangle, as well as his neutral triangle are very spammable. there is no special zoning its simply mid ranged, and his forward circle interupts attacks giving him even greater leeway. most of his moves cause an eject, so its easy to hit his supers.

The move that drags you comes out fast from a distance, it's very spammable. His attacks are all fast and spammable and he can just get AP for free, which nobody can.

Fat Princess is not difficult to hit supers with at all. You can do it safely in the air with no retaliation.

Sniper takes time and you have to have distance. His forward triangle is good from about mid ranged, but that's it. You can roll through it. It's not a bad move.

His Sonic Disruptor is very slow and has a long startup so you can't spam it at all.

Ratchet is an all around character that is strongest at mid range. He's all about controlling space. What you're saying is simply incorrect. I never see many Ratchet's play him properly but using his spikes to control space and his Zurkon as a shield. Ratchet's all about controlling the opponent's moving. He's hard to win with using one attack because they come out slow.

How would ejecting make it easier to land his supers? Some of his attacks have knockback and knocking them far away makes it harder.

His level 2 and level 3 is too hard to use effectively on skilled players. Ratchet players don't use it unless they're newer. When he transforms the knockback doesn't mean anything because he has to travel to them and try to hit them and it's easy to avoid. His level 1 is his best, and it needs to be timed properly due to startup.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#44DireProphecyPosted 1/7/2013 2:26:19 PM
I agree on Sir Dan being easy though. I learned him in only thirty minutes without having to look anything up, and was good enough to win plenty of matches online with him. Sir Dan just requires smart (not skillful) play, because there is nothing very technical about him.
#45Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 2:26:56 PM
TheAgent41 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
TheAgent41 posted...
Dan takes a LOT of skill

most of his attacks feel so hack and slash. you mash square and juggle them in the air and do a super 9 times out of 10. you sit to the side and spam his throwing axe move. most of his moveset is useless which makes him even easier because hes basically playing with half of a competitive moveset. i think hes really easy.

He's not as spam happy as you make him out to be. His Level 1 is hard to land unless you are an expert, and he's so slow in both moving speed and the speed of his attacks. He may not be the hardest character, but he definitely takes some skill to get good at without spamming like Kratos or Raiden

i dont think its "hard to land" in the same vein as say jak exactly, as jak cannot juggle into it, and jaks moveset is as easy as sir dans. i think hes an easy character too, dispite their level 1 supers being kindve underpowered.
#46Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 2:28:08 PM
boy_luck posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
does anyone agree and want to post that they agree, or just haters today? because i think thats pretty close to how things are.. as for heihachi since he was the most disagreed with, yes i do find him easy..he has some complex stuff but none of it is required to do good, because he builds meter so fast off of basic square attacks, and his supers do not take skill at all, two of the three are AI controlled, and the only one that isnt, can be hitstunned into with a simple forward square. do you really disagree that heihachi is raiden level easy? thats how i feel...

So, just because you posted factoids on your original post (that you clearly took out of you ass) and we disagree with them we're haters?

well you are, maybe not everyone else...
#47Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 2:31:56 PM(edited)
ThaCMaster posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Parappa is used by noobs, he even has a move that drags the opponent to him. He has many combos and juggles and great supers.

Ratchet is not easy to use properly and played by noobs. You can't really spam anything and he has slow startup on all of his moves. His level 2 and level 3 aren't as great as many others. He takes special zoning, and most suck at zoning. I've seen few good Ratchet's online.

Fat Princess just isn't as popular. She can spam her guardians and keep moving, her air swordsman is safe and leads to massive stun, and she can combo into level one easier than anybody in a game.

Ratchet depends solely on his level one. I haven't seen Ratchet players dominate with his level 2 and level 3.

1) as ive stated the move that drags you to them has an incredibly long whiff time, and can easily be blocked. it does not work reliably on skilled players. this move will only work regularly on newer players.

2) she isnt popular for multiple reasons, but i think her difficulty is definately one of them. she cant combo easier into lvl1 than others, i actually think its harder for her. if you want easy lvl1 setup look at raiden, heihachi, or giga punch.

3) you can definately spam with ratchet. both his sniper and his forward triangle, as well as his neutral triangle are very spammable. there is no special zoning its simply mid ranged, and his forward circle interupts attacks giving him even greater leeway. most of his moves cause an eject, so its easy to hit his supers.

The move that drags you comes out fast from a distance, it's very spammable. His attacks are all fast and spammable and he can just get AP for free, which nobody can.

Fat Princess is not difficult to hit supers with at all. You can do it safely in the air with no retaliation.

Sniper takes time and you have to have distance. His forward triangle is good from about mid ranged, but that's it. You can roll through it. It's not a bad move.

His Sonic Disruptor is very slow and has a long startup so you can't spam it at all.

Ratchet is an all around character that is strongest at mid range. He's all about controlling space. What you're saying is simply incorrect. I never see many Ratchet's play him properly but using his spikes to control space and his Zurkon as a shield. Ratchet's all about controlling the opponent's moving. He's hard to win with using one attack because they come out slow.

How would ejecting make it easier to land his supers? Some of his attacks have knockback and knocking them far away makes it harder.

His level 2 and level 3 is too hard to use effectively on skilled players. Ratchet players don't use it unless they're newer. When he transforms the knockback doesn't mean anything because he has to travel to them and try to hit them and it's easy to avoid. His level 1 is his best, and it needs to be timed properly due to startup.

i think youre a bit off topic now, im not talking about how powerful a character is, just how easy they are to play. and i spam sonic disruptor all of the time. all you have to do is jump in the air and charge it up.
#48boy_luckPosted 1/7/2013 2:34:25 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
boy_luck posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

well you are, maybe not everyone else...

Lolno. No hate, dude. You're not that important.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied: http://i49.tinypic.com/2elgh07.png
#49ThaCMasterPosted 1/7/2013 2:35:22 PM
Parappa, Cole, and Fatty P aren't "hard to use". Not as braindead as Kratos, but not that hard.

Ratchet takes lots of knowledge of space and tools to use properly. Sonic Disruptor is good, but you can't spam it out like other moves because it's too slow and easily punished. All of Ratchets moves have a long startup except neutral square so he can't just be mashed out. That's my point.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#50ImDyinSquirtlePosted 1/7/2013 2:36:17 PM
Post #50
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying