A list of characters that take skill

#51Charizard18Posted 1/7/2013 1:38:51 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Charizard18 posted...
Toro takes skill to be good with, it's just the frequent Divekick loop spammers that give us a bad name. There are quite a few of them...

I guess if you're one of those people who spam the loop then it doesn't really take much skill to be good with him, but if you actually do spam it then shame on you. You're no better than the Raiden and Drake loop spammers. >:(

if it isnt the dive kick its the grappling hook, or the justice form single attacks build a whole lot of AP quickly, and none of toros supers are hard to hit. he has tremendous range on all of them. he also has a very easy to use crumple that is simply "Triangle" in justice form, so most of his attacks are easily followed into. what exactly is difficult about Toro? i dont think ive ever seen anyone do a very complex combo with him, so its all in theory, but if we ever get there in random play them ok...as for now hes used plenty by newbies and they do fine with him. heck i do great with toro and hes one of my lesser used.

You never having seen anyone do a complex combo =/= him not having any.

There's this guy on my friends list who I added back in the beta (and I admit he's a bit of an ass) who is extremely good with every character. He has everyone at least at 200 except for Sly and when I was playing with him the other day he chose Toro and broke out extremely difficult looking AP burst combos that some involved switching forms mid combo and then switching back. Needless to say, I was impressed and he absolutely destroyed me and the other guy with us. He's even *gasp* good with Kratos and knows several AP burst combos with him as well.

I personally know him as the AP burst guru since a while back he invited me to play some matches with him and he was asking me if I knew any AP burst combos with anyone. And just this recent time I played with him I could hear him going on over the mic to his buddy about AP burst combos and he's always trying to find new ones. He's a bit of a genius at this game (although, again he's a bit of an ass when he plays competitively, otherwise he's ok). I'm not sure if he visits this site but perhaps I can direct you towards him so you can get a taste of what it's like to get owned. It's not fun, I'll tell you that.

Anyways, I'm not arguing that Toro doesn't have to take skill. No character does. I could use a character like Big Daddy who would normally take skill and just mash down triangle the entire match. That wouldn't take skill. Point is, this thread is pretty redundant. Every character can be amazing with the right amount of skill, and every character can be a noob character if used wrong. Toro can take skill, and he also doesn't need it (Divekick loops). I've met some amazing Sackboys, but you can still just spam cake, shockpads and camp with him. Coles can just spam grenades and ice/fire/punch, but if you play an experienced Cole player you'll be destroyed. Need I go on? So yeah, in a way you're right. Toro doesn't need skill, but neither does any other character. It's a freakin' party brawler.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#52I_Wanna_CookiePosted 1/7/2013 1:38:56 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
NDgamer1122 posted...
I'm just gonna block Retro. His topics are getting annoying. =/

why? im not flooding the board or anything if you dont like me you dont have to post here. im giving reasons i feel the way i do, its not like im simply acting arrogant.

lol
---
I'm handsome.
#53rildomeinPosted 1/7/2013 1:40:44 PM
No special setups for Sly? Please
---
[[[[[WATCH THE POWER]]]]
Youtube channel: joshlovaca
#54doshikuPosted 1/7/2013 1:41:26 PM
RETRO is the biggest Nariko hater ever lol Fight me and see if you think she still sucks.
I'll even us eHeihachi if you like
PSN: Doshiku
---
Shofu Tha Beatdown. PSN: Doshiku. Playstation all stars ALL DAY, ALL NIGHT. Level 999 Nariko, no one else matters except Kat
#55ThaCMasterPosted 1/7/2013 1:44:12 PM
Charizard18 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Charizard18 posted...
Toro takes skill to be good with, it's just the frequent Divekick loop spammers that give us a bad name. There are quite a few of them...

I guess if you're one of those people who spam the loop then it doesn't really take much skill to be good with him, but if you actually do spam it then shame on you. You're no better than the Raiden and Drake loop spammers. >:(

if it isnt the dive kick its the grappling hook, or the justice form single attacks build a whole lot of AP quickly, and none of toros supers are hard to hit. he has tremendous range on all of them. he also has a very easy to use crumple that is simply "Triangle" in justice form, so most of his attacks are easily followed into. what exactly is difficult about Toro? i dont think ive ever seen anyone do a very complex combo with him, so its all in theory, but if we ever get there in random play them ok...as for now hes used plenty by newbies and they do fine with him. heck i do great with toro and hes one of my lesser used.

There's this guy on my friends list who I added back in the beta (and I admit he's a bit of an ass) who is extremely good with every character. He has everyone at least at 200 except for Sly and when I was playing with him the other day he chose Toro and broke out extremely difficult looking AP burst combos that some involved switching forms mid combo and then switching back. Needless to say, I was impressed and he absolutely destroyed me and the other guy with us. He's even *gasp* good with Kratos and knows several AP burst combos with him as well.

I personally know him as the AP burst guru since a while back he invited me to play some matches with him and he was asking me if I knew any AP burst combos with anyone. And just this recent time I played with him I could hear him going on over the mic to his buddy about AP burst combos and he's always trying to find new ones. He's a bit of a genius at this game (although, again he's a bit of an ass when he plays competitively, otherwise he's ok). I'm not sure if he visits this site but perhaps I can direct you towards him so you can get a taste of what it's like to get owned. It's not fun, I'll tell you that.

Anyways, I'm not arguing that Toro doesn't have to take skill. No character does. I could use a character like Big Daddy who would normally take skill and just mash down triangle the entire match. That wouldn't take skill. Point is, this thread is pretty redundant. Every character can be amazing with the right amount of skill, and every character can be a noob character if used wrong. Toro can take skill, and he also doesn't need it (Divekick loops). I've met some amazing Sackboys, but you can still just spam cake, shockpads and camp with him. Coles can just spam grenades and ice/fire/punch, but if you play an experienced Cole player you'll be destroyed. Need I go on? So yeah, in a way you're right. Toro doesn't need skill, but neither does any other character. It's a freakin' party brawler.

This here. There all good with skill, but since most online players aren't that great, you can win against a lot of them using basic tactics. I figured that both players were good in this scenario though.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#56PhoenixAssassinPosted 1/7/2013 1:51:28 PM
I dont think nariko belongs on on the no skill list. I have fought some really good narikos. she takes a lot of skill to get good with. especially being able to combo into her level 1.

Also I kinda agree with LES. sure jaks moves are simple, but they also require a lot of precise timing. and the fact that you think stowaway is well suited for jak proves how little you know about jak. that is one of his worst stages, right along side sandover village
---
Its Jak, not Jack, not Jax, Jak
#57blazin640Posted 1/7/2013 2:01:46 PM
Charizard18 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Charizard18 posted...

Charizard for presidente!!!!!!! We need more people like you in this world.
---
There goes my free time
#58SpacePirateKhanPosted 1/7/2013 2:38:56 PM(edited)
Stopped reading at Parappa.
>_> Easiest combo master evar.

(Edit: Just to clarify since you seem to be getting a lot of negativity, Retro, I did agree with other stuff on your list, and do like your topics in general. o: )
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#59Android_AwesomePosted 1/7/2013 2:18:24 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
does anyone agree and want to post that they agree, or just haters today? because i think thats pretty close to how things are.. as for heihachi since he was the most disagreed with, yes i do find him easy..he has some complex stuff but none of it is required to do good, because he builds meter so fast off of basic square attacks, and his supers do not take skill at all, two of the three are AI controlled, and the only one that isnt, can be hitstunned into with a simple forward square. do you really disagree that heihachi is raiden level easy? thats how i feel...

You can dodge the lvl 1 after the forward square. Heihachi is nowhere near easy to play because he has to get in your face to do damage. Put him against Jak,Kratos,or Raiden and he has no advantage. You're just butthurt about losing to them.
#60CrabhammarPosted 1/7/2013 2:43:04 PM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Characters that take no skill
Sir Dan
Toro

Okay, you should probably get off the internet now

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho