Never played any Sly Cooper or Ratchet game

#1Devil_WereWolf4Posted 1/7/2013 9:12:47 PM
I never played any game of either series yet and i must say that ever since i played All-Stars, it made me want to try out.

I'm not sure what type of game Sly and Ratchet are, i assume there's a stealth element in Sly games though.

But how about Ratchet? What kind of game is it exactly?

I just want opinions of what the games are like.
---
PSN: Himitsu_Kouyami
Currently Playing: PS All-Stars Battle Royale, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Assassin's Creed 3, Resident Evil 6.
#2IcyFlamez96Posted 1/7/2013 9:17:05 PM(edited)
Ratchet is TPS & Platforming
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#3darkcloudrepeatPosted 1/7/2013 9:18:53 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24589187.jpg

Not sure about Sly though.
#4hyperknees91Posted 1/7/2013 9:21:25 PM
Both are kinda like Jak, Except they tend to focus on what they are good at (Sly, sneaking and platforming and Ratchet, TPS and platforming). Basically if you like Jak, you''ll probably like them.
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#5DarkECOJakPosted 1/7/2013 9:29:22 PM
Sly is great, but I find the Ratchet games way too overrated and with too many sequels. But the Jak and Daxter series wins it for me.
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#6Devil_WereWolf4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 9:41:15 PM
Umm okay, i was more looking for an opinion from someone who played both or either so i can have a good idea of what both series offer.

And i never played Jak either but that series doesn't interest me.
---
PSN: Himitsu_Kouyami
Currently Playing: PS All-Stars Battle Royale, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Assassin's Creed 3, Resident Evil 6.
#7TrueKirbyPosted 1/7/2013 9:43:13 PM
I've played both, and Ratchet And Clank is one of my favorite franchises of all time but Sly Cooper is a great series as well. As for Jak, the First one is the best, the second one changed it drastically by making it darker and grittier and guns added.
---
I had a bowl of milk for breakfast. Without any milk. People who agree:1 People who don't agree:0
#8wwinterj25Posted 1/7/2013 9:45:29 PM
Just get the HD collections? Sly is stealth where as Ratchet is guns.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#9G-ScythePosted 1/7/2013 9:47:46 PM
I've played both

Ratchet and Clank is a solid platformer with a gun-based combat mechanic. And there are a lot of guns (and other weapons too) this allows for a lot of different playstyles and approaches to situations
There isn't a lot of jumping, gadgets are the main focus of the platforming

Sly cooper is more of the jumpy/climby platformer. It has a stealth mechanic and Sly learns a lot of abilities he can use for combat and sneaking

Id recommend both
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#10ApolloJusticeAAPosted 1/7/2013 9:58:29 PM
Devil_WereWolf4 posted...
Umm okay, i was more looking for an opinion from someone who played both or either so i can have a good idea of what both series offer.

And i never played Jak either but that series doesn't interest me.

I was wondering why Jak was brought up?

As for your point TC Ratchet is more akin to a 3rd person shooter and platformer hybrid. the weapons ratchet acquires through the game are both hilarious and functional. The story is generally light hearted with an emphasis on level progression. I would highly recommend the HD collection as it akes the game look great as long as you dont mind a low res flash animations throughout the game

Sly on the other hand is a more stealth based platformer with more emphasis on finesse. Sly can't jump nearly as high as Ratchet and his double jump isn't precisely a double jump. the story is also light hearted in sly but there is more of a dark trend especially in the second game. I would recommend playing 2 and 3 over 1 as there is a vast shift in style from 1 to 2.
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
Post your reliable anti-kratos strategy: Quit the match.-J_Dawg_