Never played any Sly Cooper or Ratchet game

#11ThaCMasterPosted 1/7/2013 9:00:47 PM
Both are fun if you like Jak or anything else. Fun platforming and shooting with Ratchet, and sneaking with Sly.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#12ApolloJusticeAAPosted 1/7/2013 9:01:45 PM
hyperknees91 posted...
Both are kinda like Jak, Except they tend to focus on what they are good at (Sly, sneaking and platforming and Ratchet, TPS and platforming). Basically if you like Jak, you''ll probably like them.

In the sense that they all are platformers that base their gameplay around jumping from point A to point B then yes they are. Other than that though there is very little connecting the 3(well except maybe the guns but lets just hold out hope that LES doesnt show up to explain how the guns in jak 2 and 3 are more like "what ifs?")
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
Post your reliable anti-kratos strategy: Quit the match.-J_Dawg_
#13Devil_WereWolf4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 10:40:13 PM
ApolloJusticeAA posted...
Devil_WereWolf4 posted...
Umm okay, i was more looking for an opinion from someone who played both or either so i can have a good idea of what both series offer.

And i never played Jak either but that series doesn't interest me.

I was wondering why Jak was brought up?

As for your point TC Ratchet is more akin to a 3rd person shooter and platformer hybrid. the weapons ratchet acquires through the game are both hilarious and functional. The story is generally light hearted with an emphasis on level progression. I would highly recommend the HD collection as it akes the game look great as long as you dont mind a low res flash animations throughout the game

Sly on the other hand is a more stealth based platformer with more emphasis on finesse. Sly can't jump nearly as high as Ratchet and his double jump isn't precisely a double jump. the story is also light hearted in sly but there is more of a dark trend especially in the second game. I would recommend playing 2 and 3 over 1 as there is a vast shift in style from 1 to 2.

Thank you, that was actually helpful. I think the only stealth game that has ever interested me to the point of beating it was Metal Gear Solid 4. Stealthy games aren't my favourite genre simply because i suck at them. I usually always pick the warrior/barbarian class in an rpg if you know what i mean.

I don't mind the light hearted tone, in fact i do like it.
---
PSN: Himitsu_Kouyami
Currently Playing: PS All-Stars Battle Royale, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Assassin's Creed 3, Resident Evil 6.
#14hyperknees91Posted 1/8/2013 5:58:09 AM
ApolloJusticeAA posted...
hyperknees91 posted...
Both are kinda like Jak, Except they tend to focus on what they are good at (Sly, sneaking and platforming and Ratchet, TPS and platforming). Basically if you like Jak, you''ll probably like them.

In the sense that they all are platformers that base their gameplay around jumping from point A to point B then yes they are. Other than that though there is very little connecting the 3(well except maybe the guns but lets just hold out hope that LES doesnt show up to explain how the guns in jak 2 and 3 are more like "what ifs?")

Well that's why I said they are kinda like Jak, not exactly lawl.

Sly for example has the open world (at least in 2 and 3), guards walking around, alert status, lots of mini games (including racing)

Ratchet has the more in depth and better gun mechanics, platforming and racing hah.

They are all kind of evolutions of the banjo kazooie/donkey kong country 64 format though.
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#15trollhunter2Posted 1/8/2013 6:02:36 AM
DarkECOJak posted...
Sly is great, but I find the Ratchet games way too overrated and with too many sequels. But the Jak and Daxter series wins it for me.

funny for me Ratchet>Sly>Jak
for me jak and daxter is way too overrated.
---
Official Alundra of PSASBR Board
just add me psn: Naijaplaya
#16RealSlyCooperPosted 1/8/2013 7:12:40 AM
Sly is a stealth Platforming game where you can pickpocket money kill guards and lots of other stuff (best game ever).

Ratchet and Clank is a Platforming shooter game with lots of interesting weapons and gadgets.

Both of them are extremely fun games!
#17Devil_WereWolf4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 9:08:10 PM
Hmm i'm thinking of going for the Ratchet Collection first since it seems more action than Sly is. Any deals on the Ratchet collection in Canada?
---
PSN: Himitsu_Kouyami
Currently Playing: PS All-Stars Battle Royale, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Assassin's Creed 3, Resident Evil 6.