So what was the logic in not having a Rapture stage?

#11holysquidPosted 1/8/2013 1:01:08 AM
The little sister is actually from Bioshock 1, not 2.
---
Proud Big Daddy mainer (999). PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#12IHeartJessAlbaPosted 1/8/2013 1:02:38 AM
ToroStationMeow posted...
IHeartJessAlba posted...
Weren't Big Daddy and all of that specifically requested by Ken Levine/his dev team? Meaning that SuperBot didn't just go "Hey, let's put a bunch of Bioshock 1 characters in the game, and then do Infinite stages only! Hurr durr!"

Plus, the stage stuff was a chance to show that it's all part of the same universe, and show off some early Bioshock Infinite stuff. I don't get what the issue is here...

I just find it odd that there isn't a Rapture stage when the game has 2 Rapture residents in it.

Technically, it has at least 3. Big Daddy, Little Sister, and Andrew Ryan. I think having a Rapture stage or stages or mash ups or whatever, would have been overkill, especially with a brand new game coming soon, set in a new locale.

I don't think that it would have worked as just one or the other. Just stuff from Infinite would leave people wanting things like a Big Daddy, and complaining that they were just advertisements. Stuff from just the first game leaves out all the new and interesting things they could have shown off from Infinite.

I think it's a great idea to have established characters as the player stuff, and the new media as the stage/mash up stuff.

However, I would actually be surprised if Rapture was NOT part of some DLC pack in the future.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#13ToroStationMeow(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:06:04 AM
IHeartJessAlba posted...
IHeartJessAlba posted...
Weren't Big Daddy and all of that specifically requested by Ken Levine/his dev team? Meaning that SuperBot didn't just go "Hey, let's put a bunch of Bioshock 1 characters in the game, and then do Infinite stages only! Hurr durr!"

Plus, the stage stuff was a chance to show that it's all part of the same universe, and show off some early Bioshock Infinite stuff. I don't get what the issue is here...

I just find it odd that there isn't a Rapture stage when the game has 2 Rapture residents in it.

Technically, it has at least 3. Big Daddy, Little Sister, and Andrew Ryan. I think having a Rapture stage or stages or mash ups or whatever, would have been overkill, especially with a brand new game coming soon, set in a new locale.

I don't think that it would have worked as just one or the other. Just stuff from Infinite would leave people wanting things like a Big Daddy, and complaining that they were just advertisements. Stuff from just the first game leaves out all the new and interesting things they could have shown off from Infinite.

I think it's a great idea to have established characters as the player stuff, and the new media as the stage/mash up stuff.

However, I would actually be surprised if Rapture was NOT part of some DLC pack in the future.

It just feels kind of weird to see the Big Daddy and Little Sister in Columbia. Lots of places to put them and neither stage based off their series is from their games. xD
---
USA PSN: KSaku22 JP PSN: Cirno9Ice9Fairy (I wish I could change names on PSN)
Psalm 137:9 - Happy is he who takes your babies and smashes them against rocks.
#14IHeartJessAlbaPosted 1/8/2013 1:16:21 AM
Lol yeah, I get what you mean. I'm just sort of playing devil's advocate here, cause this was like the 3rd topic talking about it that I saw in like a 10 minute span haha.

Really, it just boils down to what the devs were willing to let SuperBot work with. They wanted Big Daddy playable, and Columbia to be stage stuff. It really is just that basic, when you boil it down.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#15SelitePosted 1/8/2013 3:20:04 AM
IHeartJessAlba posted...
IHeartJessAlba posted...

It just feels kind of weird to see the Big Daddy and Little Sister in Columbia. Lots of places to put them and neither stage based off their series is from their games. xD

Does it seem less weird to see Big Daddy and Little Sister in Franzea?
---
Check it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/selite
#16AndKevinBaconPosted 1/8/2013 7:48:27 AM
At least there's a Bioshock stage and mash-up at all. MediEvil, Tekken, Fat Princess, etc. got jack. Not to mention the countless Sony IPs which aren't repped at all...
#17xXxAgentAdaxXxPosted 1/8/2013 7:54:00 AM
1 word: promotion.
---
Formerly known as xXxAdaxXx.
#18wwinterj25Posted 1/8/2013 8:17:50 AM(edited)
Look at it this way. They have something from every Bioshock game.
Bioshock : Andrew Ryan voice, Big Daddy and Little Sister
Bioshock 2: Big Daddy alt
Bioshock Infinite: Stage.

holysquid posted...
The little sister is actually from Bioshock 1, not 2.

Yep same as Big Daddy.

---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#19NDgamer1122Posted 1/8/2013 8:43:48 AM

That's a Rosie. It was in Bioshock 1 first. Yeah, both the Bouncer and Rosie appeared in 2 again, but they were standing next to the newer Big Daddy model, as well as the Big Sister.

Now, if they had a Subject Delta costume for Big Daddy, THEN Bioshock 2 would be more properly repped.
#20Myles98Posted 1/8/2013 9:15:19 AM
NDgamer1122 posted...

That's a Rosie. It was in Bioshock 1 first. Yeah, both the Bouncer and Rosie appeared in 2 again, but they were standing next to the newer Big Daddy model, as well as the Big Sister.

Now, if they had a Subject Delta costume for Big Daddy, THEN Bioshock 2 would be more properly repped.

I think he means the doll. It was shown in promotions for bioshock 2
---
Noby Noby Boy for PSASBR
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS