Sly's level one isn't that overpowered

#1AdomasFoxPosted 1/9/2013 4:56:14 AM
Clearly you're all just derps.

It's a hippo that charges across a horizontal plane. Unstoppable? Arguably. Avoidable? COMPLETELY.

But it's not avoidable when half of you sit on the ground doing your fancy combos and setups and spams that take FOREVER to finish and leave you vulnerable!

Big Daddy ground pounding in FFA? GLAD I COULD HELP
Raiden doing ground wombo combos? GLAD I COULD HELP
Dante cancel combo? GLAD I COULD HELP
Kratos spamming forward square at me? GLAD I COULD HELP
Radec trying to snipe? GLAD I COULD HELP
Sackboy laying down an electric pad? GLAD I COULD HELP
Other Slys electric roll spamming? GLAD I COULD HELP

It's like you all expect Sly to sit there and do nothing while you keep the other players AND yourselves stationary for extended periods of time!

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w436/foxzombieJ/slys_level_one_zps78327373.png

Don't nerf Sly, just buff your brains! :D
---
PS3 Username: Same as this site
#2DireProphecyPosted 1/9/2013 4:59:07 AM
I agree lol. I always play super-safe against Sly and give him no good opportunities to land level 1 kills on me, and they will usually end up throwing them out in desperation. Also, baiting Sly into using his level 1 works well. Sly's that save up for level 3, those are scarier.
#3TitoslayerXPosted 1/9/2013 4:59:15 AM
I hate fighting slys but this is pretty much 100% ACCURATE!
---
Official Vaan Of The Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Boards.
"Stings Huh?"
#4ThaCMasterPosted 1/9/2013 5:02:14 AM
Of course you should take advantage of a person being stunned. That's part of strategy.

Doesn't mean the move isn't a bit overpowered.

Great speed, wide range, quick start up, can't be knocked out of, long lingering frames, and trades even if you kill him.

Name a long range level 1 that has those properties or even comes out close to that fast. I'll be waiting to hear it, because long spread level ones are pretty slow. Fat Princess is probably the second fastest, but it isn't that fast.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#5SelitePosted 1/9/2013 5:02:19 AM
Jack is a one man army.
---
Check it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/selite
#6AdomasFox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 5:12:50 AM
ThaCMaster posted...
Name a long range level 1 that has those properties or even comes out close to that fast. I'll be waiting to hear it

Oooo, a debate.

But no. I still argue that the only reason it's seen as overpowered is because people are Derps. Take a lesson from Jak players and stay Airborn half the fight against a Sly, or anyone else for that matter. Jak may not have the greatest supers, but good luck killing a good one.
---
#7SantaeidPosted 1/9/2013 5:13:34 AM
I have found that if you rol into it as the hippo comes out y ou will dodge it.
---
If you like playing games for fun & don't care for KDR then come join my clan. Where peps like u and me can hangout and have fun. http://hobos.comze.com
#8ThaCMasterPosted 1/9/2013 5:20:37 AM
AdomasFox posted...
ThaCMaster posted...
Name a long range level 1 that has those properties or even comes out close to that fast. I'll be waiting to hear it

Oooo, a debate.

But no. I still argue that the only reason it's seen as overpowered is because people are Derps. Take a lesson from Jak players and stay Airborn half the fight against a Sly, or anyone else for that matter. Jak may not have the greatest supers, but good luck killing a good one.

Ratchet is all about being airborn.

I noticed you quickly dodged my point. Making a blanket ad hominem attack doesn't make you correct. Why should one move get all of those properties that can punish even basic attacks and can't be knocked out of, and trades at worse because it's faster than anything else?

So what if it can be avoided, everything can be avoided in a controlled enviornment. Last I checked supers can't be used in the air. So you have to come down sooner or later.

And not all characters are good airborne. This is not about whether players are good or bad, it's about the mechanics. Two equally good players and Sly still has the better super. Did you see the tournament where he owned the already overpowered Raiden?
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
#9AdomasFox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 5:27:34 AM
You're really looking for an argument, aren't you? Oh well, I don't play by your rules >:D

Sly's level one is a great super, but it's avoidable. Stop being derps and holding people in place. This is merciful advice coming from a Sly player! Take my knowledge and strengthen your minds with it!!
---
#10ThaCMasterPosted 1/9/2013 5:33:38 AM
AdomasFox posted...
You're really looking for an argument, aren't you? Oh well, I don't play by your rules >:D

Sly's level one is a great super, but it's avoidable. Stop being derps and holding people in place. This is merciful advice coming from a Sly player! Take my knowledge and strengthen your minds with it!!

Every super is avoidable (aside from some level 3's). His is much harder to avoid and can punish much more things without being punished, a trait no other level 1 has.

It's very easy to hit and punish people using very basic attacks, especially since he can sneak up on groups while invisible and use it.

I see you're just slightly joking, but his super level 1 is considerably better by itself than the others. It's not even a question.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta