General tips and tricks for a newcomer?

#11_Judge_GabranthPosted 1/9/2013 4:22:45 PM
Kindertotenwald posted...
_Judge_Gabranth posted...
Just mash buttons and have fun. This isnt a real technical fighter like street fighter. Just have fun and dont try to take it seriously

He wants to improve, why wouldn't he take it seriously?

If he takes it seriously he will realized its an unbalanced mess. Just stick to FFA or 2v2 with friends
#12blunderbuttPosted 1/9/2013 4:32:08 PM
Best thing to do is learn your characters moves and what works best against other characters. Go balls deep into matches, take losses, you will learn. Hell I have a 999 raiden and high level drake and evil Cole, I still loose more then I win. Unless I'm paired up with someone who carries me.
#13doshikuPosted 1/9/2013 4:32:31 PM
Stanemac12 posted...
The main(s) I've been using so far and enjoying are Sackboy and Nariko so any advise on those 2 in particular would be really appreciated.

I'm a Nariko master, I've never played anyone else in ffa
psn me im doshiku
i'll show you in 1v1 match without a time limit
so you can see what works
---
Shofu Tha Beatdown. PSN: Doshiku. Playstation all stars ALL DAY, ALL NIGHT. Level 999 Nariko, no one else matters except Kat
#14Stanemac12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:23:17 PM
doshiku posted...
Stanemac12 posted...
The main(s) I've been using so far and enjoying are Sackboy and Nariko so any advise on those 2 in particular would be really appreciated.

I'm a Nariko master, I've never played anyone else in ffa
psn me im doshiku
i'll show you in 1v1 match without a time limit
so you can see what works

That would be really awesome I'd appreciate that a lot. I tried adding you but it says you have the maximum number of friends. My psn is KatanaSoul.
#15--crashbfan--Posted 1/9/2013 7:28:08 PM
For Sackboy, spam cakes with a fan and electric pad. Then learn some combos because they'll think you're a crappy spammer, so when they get close to you just combo them so they don't come back.
---
SACKBOY IS GOD TIER!!
PSN: crashbfan23
#16Charizard18Posted 1/9/2013 7:28:41 PM
Nariko is pretty combo heavy so I recommend spending some time doing her combo trials and in practice mode practicing them. That works for every character, really. You'll be surprised how much you can learn just by messing around.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#17ArthurZero12Posted 1/9/2013 7:30:16 PM
for sackboy i know maybe one or two things

place an electric pad -> up throw -> jump -> tackle them onto the pad, then i think you can combo them more.

cakes and balls, they are pretty annoying from afar in 2v2
#18atopthemountainPosted 1/9/2013 7:35:32 PM
Kindertotenwald posted...
Just mash buttons and have fun. This isnt a real technical fighter like street fighter. Just have fun and dont try to take it seriously

He wants to improve, why wouldn't he take it seriously?

If he takes it seriously he will realized its an unbalanced mess. Just stick to FFA or 2v2 with friends

youre already "that guy"....thats it, thats all....take your prize and go home bro

@ TC
dont play it like smash bros...always be gaining AP....if youre havin trouble then slow down your opponents gain by never letting them successfully attack...if the dont build AP they dont super...

think more like chess....you can kill pieces all day (attack) but if you dont checkmate the king (land a super) you dont win.....you have really one simple goal and both you and your opponent know how to get to that point. how yo manipulate that is up to you.....

lose....expect to lose alot....but dont getfrustrated....pay attention to patterns charcter specific and players in general (ex: people who roll or block alot...just grab em....thatll f u their day,) high level 3s? grab em.....

most important of all....well...piccolo says it best
I
V
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9VWofx5XG8
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)
#19Charizard18Posted 1/9/2013 7:35:51 PM
Oh, and one of Sacky's best combos is:

Square square, up square, air forward triangle, air neutral circle.

The timing on the up square is tricky but you should be able to land it fairly easy after practicing it some.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#20jhoke13Posted 1/9/2013 9:30:22 PM
Don't forget to air dodge! It can help you avoid many attacks and you can do a short hop and dodge to help get closer to someone that uses projectiles. Also if you dodge as you are about to land you be able to block as soon as you touch the ground.

For Sackboy, if you hit the enemy with a jumping Forward Triangle (uncharged) low enough to the ground you can combo into his level 1. Practice the timing because it can be useful against people that are chasing you by catching them off guard.
---
XBL:Element H
PSN:Element_H13