As an Evil Cole player, I find it difficult to transition to Good Cole.

#1FOXSOLIDPosted 1/9/2013 8:59:09 PM
Man its just the lack of certain moves and move properties that throw me off and makes him feel very unfamiliar.

Like the firebird strike, the cluster grenades and the knock back on the force push.

The freeze of course is much different than the giga punch.

I know that Good Cole's supers are likely superior if we're comparing them without set-ups. I mean his Lvl2 is full screen on flat ground.

He also feels lighter to me for some reason.

How should I be using him?
#2CrabhammarPosted 1/9/2013 9:12:03 PM(edited)
Spam 'nades?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#3SupKaiokenSonicPosted 1/9/2013 9:17:11 PM(edited)
His ^triangle is a redirect rocket. So when you shoot it up, use a neutral triangle to hit someone, and the rocket will shoot off towards them. Has proved MUCH useful to me. And take advantage of his ice (O) attacks. His air ^O does good damage, and side O is a good setup for a lvl 1 kill. And i haven't tried it yet, but his force push *might* be able to reflect projectiles. And his neutral O absorbs energy attacks.

I was just like you, TC. I thought Evil Cole would be my main. Good Cole is my main now.
---
"Your body submits; your heart succumbs. So why do dem pantz resist!?!" - Shabugabugabuga
#4jameswintertonPosted 1/9/2013 9:17:51 PM
1, Stand back

2, launch UT

3, shoot with bolts 5 times

(at this point opponent gets shocked by the 5 bolt combo and then hit by the rocket

4, repeat 1-3 until opponent becomes enraged (by this point you have at least level 1)

5, opponent runs at you, either spam some grenades, or get ready to combo

6, be careful not to hit lvl 2, freeze into lvl 1 for a fairly easy kill,

if you need to close combat for whatever reason then there's down triangle and down circle, for quick escapes, up circle

Good Cole is a fun guy to play as
---
psn: jrwinterton
#5Potatoman622Posted 1/9/2013 9:21:17 PM
When I play as good Cole I find myself relying on the lightning tether a lot more. You can start a lot of good combos from it and can do it against grounded opponents using short hops. I also use tether into ice to set up my level 1s a lot. I think his projectiles gain great AP but lack the knockback evil cole's stuff has.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
Fear the Fabulous Fatty P
#6Lioyd_the_heroPosted 1/9/2013 9:31:32 PM
Cole and Evil Cole work almost exactly like they do in the inFamous games.

For those unfamiliar with the games:
Good karma powers are more about precision, aim and quality over quantity.
Bad Karma powers were about AOE attacks and crowd control, or quantity over quality

While both sets have been adjusted to be be balanced in PS ASBR they still work the same. With good cole focus on long combos, range and quality shots. While evil cole focus on getting groups of chracters and attacking a lot more.

In short:
Good Cole: Slower and more about setting ups good attacks
Evil Cole: Faster but needs to hit more people or more often
---
PSN howling_red
#7TheMickeyPosted 1/10/2013 2:25:22 AM
I agree with you completely. I find Cole very difficult to use specifically because just a few keys abilities effects aren't there when i feel like I "need" them. like as you named, the higher damage and knock back on the "force push" (down triangle) was brutal for me to do without. And without the mobility of forward O I often feel vulnerable

The poster above got one thing very wrong though. He said Cole was slow n precise where E Cole is fast and air heavy. The speeds are actually reversed, Cole is MUCH faster than his counterpart. I find it most noticeable with 2 things: melee attacks and down triangle force push. Since Coles push is weaker he can fire them off rapidly, and evil Coles melee is so slow its rarely smart to actually use them in combat. Most situations it'd be better to use a grab, forward O "superman charge", or to back out and use ranged attacks. G Cole on the other hand attacks much much faster and can actually make good use of melee, even combo into freeze rocket for a confirmed lvl1. There's also a small chance (I think it's 33% but not sure) that his normal 3x square melee combo can crumple like E Cole's fist mako for a perfect lvl1 opportunity
---
PSASBR: main E.Cole, alt Sly
#88f9g43k8ku7335pPosted 1/10/2013 5:08:29 AM
Be honest, the one and only reason you find the transition difficult is because Good Cole lacks the noob punch.

Good Cole is probably the most balanced and well made character in the game.
#9PyroSparkPosted 1/10/2013 5:12:21 AM(edited)
8f9g43k8ku7335p posted...
Be honest, the one and only reason you find the transition difficult is because Good Cole lacks the noob punch.

Good Cole is probably the most balanced and well made character in the game.

Definitely one of the most balanced.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#10jeremy21642Posted 1/10/2013 6:09:06 AM
Its the opposite for me.

E.Coli is just a bit slower than Cole but for some reason it feels like he has lead in his pants whenever I try him.
---
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die" - H.P Lovecraft