As an Evil Cole player, I find it difficult to transition to Good Cole.

#11FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 8:22:18 AM
8f9g43k8ku7335p posted...
Be honest, the one and only reason you find the transition difficult is because Good Cole lacks the noob punch.

Good Cole is probably the most balanced and well made character in the game.

Plenty of way more "noob" tactics in this game than the punch. Its vital to me against characters like Sly and Sackboy who like to flood the map with their little fairy traps and all of that cowardly hot garbage. Blow through them and punch them square in their faces. The way it was meant to be done. And to answer your question, no its not the only issue, I stated a few of the moves that I find difficult to cope without.
#12KarstienPosted 1/10/2013 8:31:38 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
Be honest, the one and only reason you find the transition difficult is because Good Cole lacks the noob punch.

Plenty of way more "noob" tactics in this game than the punch. Its vital to me against characters like Sly and Sackboy who like to flood the map with their little fairy traps and all of that cowardly hot garbage. Blow through them and punch them square in their faces. The way it was meant to be done. And to answer your question, no its not the only issue, I stated a few of the moves that I find difficult to cope without.

Yes, you did, but somehow left out the giga punch from your list, even though you find it 'vital'? I don't want to point fingers, but most E-coli's who can't use Cole admit it's the lack of a punch. There's no shame in this, you'll get better. To land your supers with Good Cole, try tether to freeze, then hit em when you land.
#13RoyMaster4Posted 1/10/2013 8:35:31 AM(edited)
Evil Cole was really about mobility and using your strong attacks. Good Cole is completely different in that you really need to use his combos - He's one of the few characters that can start a 100+ AP combo in the air on an airborne opponent - abuse that.

EDIT: I'm a lot better with Evil Cole than Good Cole, but it's not because of the punch. It's because I'm not very good with combos, especially more complicated ones like Good Cole or Dante.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
Pokemon White FC: 1420-6147-6059
#14FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 8:49:11 AM
Karstien posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

Yes, you did,but somehow left out the giga punch from your list, even though you find it 'vital'? I don't want to point fingers, but most E-coli's who can't use Cole admit it's the lack of a punch. There's no shame in this, you'll get better. To land your supers with Good Cole, try tether to freeze, then hit em when you land.

Read my initial post again. Slooooowwwwllly.
#15morechillyramenPosted 1/10/2013 9:22:21 AM
You're doing it wrong.

Just pick Evil Cole instead.
---
"Life is far too important to take seriously"
Oscar Wilde
#16CrabhammarPosted 1/10/2013 9:27:19 AM
morechillyramen posted...
You're doing it wrong.

Just pick Evil Cole instead.

This. If I could Up Throw into Level 1 with G. Coli I wouldn't have as much of a problem. Played at max level, G. Coli is actually probably better because his tether is basically an AP burst.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#17morechillyramenPosted 1/10/2013 9:30:41 AM
Nah, E Cole's hit confirm/throw mixup into level 1 makes him one of the best characters in the game. You can cripple so many players options if they don't know whether to jump or sit still. G Cole is still good though, he just has to work a little harder for his level 1's.
---
"Life is far too important to take seriously"
Oscar Wilde
#18ThaCMasterPosted 1/10/2013 9:33:50 AM
morechillyramen posted...
Nah, E Cole's hit confirm/throw mixup into level 1 makes him one of the best characters in the game. You can cripple so many players options if they don't know whether to jump or sit still. G Cole is still good though, he just has to work a little harder for his level 1's.

Yea, Evil Cole is probably top 5.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#19FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 9:50:42 AM
Yeah I'm really way more comfortable with E. Cole. Its Good Cole's supers that had me considering him the most. His lvl 1 has a larger area of effect, lvl 2 is amazing and is full screen and his lvl 3 is way better too.
#20TWIAYSDTI109Posted 1/10/2013 10:18:26 AM
Interestingly enough, I find it difficult to transition from G. Cole to E. Cole. He just doesn't have the speed and air mobility (kind of) that I enjoy with G. Cole.
---
Black 2 - 1808 0318 6741
...and boom goes the dynamite