Opinion on Character Selecting (Main selecting I mean)

#1CT_HardcasePosted 1/9/2013 10:59:16 PM
So, I have noticed that everyone assumes that guys flood to Raiden, Kratos, etc, because they are Overpowered. While some might be, you should also think about this...

Kratos, AKA Main character of GoW, was in a bestselling game series that people generally enjoyed. Same with Raiden. He is a MGS characters.

Another example is my love for Radec. KillZone is possibly my second favorite series of all time, and I absolutely loved Radec in the game.

Thoughts? Opinions?
---
A Jobless Dude living in a Car... Hardcore, right?
"Expect No Mercy..." - Colonel Radec
#2InninXIPosted 1/9/2013 11:02:56 PM
Its easy to win with Squaretos/Raiden. Easy choices
---
PSN: YoninXI
Fat Princess Main: "Cake Please!"
#3RileyRoperPosted 1/9/2013 11:02:57 PM
Who cares why, they are still OP
---
Link to the dumbest poster on GameFAQs.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?
#4ThaCMasterPosted 1/9/2013 11:17:58 PM
Kratos is likely op because he's the developers favorite and has fanboys, he's essentially the gaming world's Wolverine. They seem to make sure he was very, very good.

Many top tier characters who have some cheap things aren't popular though. Fattie P, Sly, etc.

Evil Cole is pretty popular and top tier as is Drake. In some instances it wasn't probably intentional, but in others developers like to play favorite. I wish they would just make a good balanced game instead of doing that though.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#5dadkwasherePosted 1/9/2013 11:47:49 PM(edited)
I main Raiden because metal gear is my favorite franchise. For **** sake, look at my sig. Its a combination of Snakes "tasty" and peace walkersIntro conversation with zadornov. When Mgs 2 came out, I thought Raiden was cool while a bunch of these players hated him for stealing Snakes spotlight or looking like a girl or a loser. I enjoyed Mgs 4 while people complained that it wasn't even a game and just a "overly dramatic and confusing movie". I don't main Raiden because hes good, I play as him because he is a part of a franchise I hold high in regard.
"Squaretos" on the other hand can go rot in hades for all I care. I like GOW, but I hate Kratos. Definitely someone I would avoid in real life.
---
You need to find a more political solution.
Nhhrm. Tasty...LIQUID!!!...hmmm tasty.
#6TheMickeyPosted 1/9/2013 11:44:15 PM
It doesnt hurt though that the kid tries Kratos just because he enjoyed GoW then beats the hell outta 3 people in his first ranked match even though he hasn't learned what all the buttons do yet. Them goes to try someone else he recognizes from a favorite game like Ratchet, gets pummeled, goes back to Kratos again and wins once again.

And again

And again
---
PSASBR: main E.Cole, alt Sly
#7Potatoman622Posted 1/9/2013 11:51:15 PM
I am a fan of many of the games represented on here but my main ended up being fatty p, who's game i had not yet played. I just like her playstyle, but now she makes me want to buy fat princess lol. I tried the demo recently and it was pretty fun.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
Fear the Fabulous Fatty P
#8InninXIPosted 1/9/2013 11:54:55 PM
I chose Fat Princess because she plays similarly to Olimar from SSBB. Also, her mic trolling ability is legendary
---
PSN: YoninXI
Fat Princess Main: "Cake Please!"
#9ThaCMasterPosted 1/10/2013 12:59:19 AM
TheMickey posted...
It doesnt hurt though that the kid tries Kratos just because he enjoyed GoW then beats the hell outta 3 people in his first ranked match even though he hasn't learned what all the buttons do yet. Them goes to try someone else he recognizes from a favorite game like Ratchet, gets pummeled, goes back to Kratos again and wins once again.

And again

And again

Pretty much. That spoils the player for a long time if they want a easy win button.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com