So why do people think that a FF character...

#11Charizard18Posted 1/10/2013 1:40:49 AM
boy_luck posted...
Charizard18 posted...
TheBestGman2007 posted...
Lightning would be highly requested, so IDK where you're gettiong these impressions from. Square would make a killing releasing her as DLC.

Lightning's requests are nowhere near in the level of Cloud. In that poll in the other thread she didnt even have any votes. I know Lightning has a good sized fanbase for this game but there'd be riots if Lightning got in over Cloud, you must understand. This board and a few others are very very picky.

I think these riots would come in the form of extremely, hardcore, niched FF fans. The casual crowd (which amounts to a large portion of gamers) and people who don't give a crap about FF (yet another large portion) wouldn't care if Lightning made it over Cloud.

That said, Lightning seems the one with the most chances of making the cut, which is awesome.

Indeed. Some of the casual crowd don't even want a FF rep because of their biased hate for the series. And since there are a lot of casuals who play this game they probably wouldn't care too much. But we could expect this board to blow up in smoke and flames if it happened. Remember that old website leak? More people were upset about multiple Tekken reps but I remember seeing a couple complaints about Light being on there too. If there weren't any Tekken reps on it I think people would've chosen to complain about her instead.

I'd be alright if she made it in, I love all the FF games although I'd like to see Cloud (and Vivi+Gilgamesh) more. But I'm by no means a FF VII fanboy :P the guy kinda deserves it at this point. But if a FF rep does somehow get in I expect to see Lightning and that's fine too. She'd have a cool moveset.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#12TheMickeyPosted 1/10/2013 1:41:43 AM
As much as it pains me to say it as I absolutely can't stand Cloud (I think he's just an overrated emo bi*** who fills his fans with so much nostalgia from the first time they played 7 they get starry eyed and forget how boring of a character he is) but he probably is the most iconic FF character from SONY'S perspective. A lot of people bought a PS1 back then just so they could have that game, and to them no other game/character will match it. If FF does come to PSASBR, cloud would most likely be the most relevant candidate possible.

After Cloud Lightning would be the next one since she's modern and has games out which could be promoted through it (though they are getting old now I guess). She was however pretty much designed to just be a female Cloud. Similar style, attitude, fight styles, look, etc so it brings the question why take the copy when you could have the original. Additionally, she's on Xbox so who cares amirite

Personally... If the choice was mine.... I'd want Kain, though he has little to do with Sony other than the rerelease ps1 version so that'd never happen
---
PSASBR: main E.Cole, alt Sly
#13sinncrossPosted 1/10/2013 2:00:05 AM
ToroStationMeow posted...
Idk, people around here seem to want Cloud, whom Square stopped promoting, .

In Japan everyone knows and talks about Cloud when FF is mentioned, and Lightning is only mentioned when you talk about FF13 directly.

I say this from personal experience from actually living here currently

saying that CLoud is not promoted is not the point... he is regarded as the face of FF nonetheless.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#14ToroStationMeow(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 2:01:53 AM
sinncross posted...

In Japan everyone knows and talks about Cloud when FF is mentioned, and Lightning is only mentioned when you talk about FF13 directly.

saying that CLoud is not promoted is not the point... he is regarded as the face of FF nonetheless.

I never said Cloud wasn't popular. Just that Square seems insistent on making Lightning the new Cloud. They gave her a lot of bias in Dissidia Duodecim and gave her 3 games.
---
USA PSN: KSaku22 JP PSN: Cirno9Ice9Fairy (I wish I could change names on PSN)
Psalm 137:9 - Happy is he who takes your babies and smashes them against rocks.
#15JoysPerceptionPosted 1/10/2013 2:04:27 AM
sinncross posted...

Pretty much. They even have (or had, haven't checked in a while) Cloud and Sephiroth themed iPhone cases on the JP Square Enix shop O.o
#16boy_luckPosted 1/10/2013 2:19:05 AM
Charizard18 posted...
boy_luck posted...
Charizard18 posted...
TheBestGman2007 posted...
Lightning would be highly requested, so IDK where you're gettiong these impressions from. Square would make a killing releasing her as DLC.

Lightning's requests are nowhere near in the level of Cloud. In that poll in the other thread she didnt even have any votes. I know Lightning has a good sized fanbase for this game but there'd be riots if Lightning got in over Cloud, you must understand. This board and a few others are very very picky.

I think these riots would come in the form of extremely, hardcore, niched FF fans. The casual crowd (which amounts to a large portion of gamers) and people who don't give a crap about FF (yet another large portion) wouldn't care if Lightning made it over Cloud.

That said, Lightning seems the one with the most chances of making the cut, which is awesome.

Indeed. Some of the casual crowd don't even want a FF rep because of their biased hate for the series. And since there are a lot of casuals who play this game they probably wouldn't care too much. But we could expect this board to blow up in smoke and flames if it happened. Remember that old website leak? More people were upset about multiple Tekken reps but I remember seeing a couple complaints about Light being on there too. If there weren't any Tekken reps on it I think people would've chosen to complain about her instead.

I'd be alright if she made it in, I love all the FF games although I'd like to see Cloud (and Vivi+Gilgamesh) more. But I'm by no means a FF VII fanboy :P the guy kinda deserves it at this point. But if a FF rep does somehow get in I expect to see Lightning and that's fine too. She'd have a cool moveset.

Tbh, the haters on this board, imo, were just a very vocal minority [*cough T_l_M_B_0]. But I'm pretty sure a true FF fan (read, not crazed, prolly virgin fanboy) would be more than happy to have any FF representation; whatever the form.

I personally would be elated beyond belief if Lightning made it, but I'd be more than pleased with any FF rep. You're right, though, her moveset would be too cool.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied: http://i49.tinypic.com/2elgh07.png
#17diebuster2Posted 1/10/2013 3:23:43 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
fans loved ffxiii-2 last i checked. great review scores and feedback, and sold millions of copies.

I lol'd
---
One does not simply state a reasonable, negative opinion on GameFAQS without being called a troll.
#18moglimooglePosted 1/10/2013 3:35:30 AM
We need someone with a huge sword...cloud ftw with a zack and KH alt
costumes...lightning would just feel like raiden...oh the satisfaction of killing a kratos with braver!(assuming that would be lvl 1 super) but really any xtra characters and stages would be grand...just so far only a few characters carry any fandom weight for me..
---
PSN tag:: GilmanEastbay
#19Flownaway86Posted 1/10/2013 3:37:26 AM
Square Enix would only let them use Lightning. Noctis at its best.
#20boy_luckPosted 1/10/2013 3:45:54 AM
moglimoogle posted...
We need someone with a huge sword...cloud ftw with a zack and KH alt
costumes...lightning would just feel like raiden...oh the satisfaction of killing a kratos with braver!(assuming that would be lvl 1 super) but really any xtra characters and stages would be grand...just so far only a few characters carry any fandom weight for me..

Lighting can do magic, summon eidolons, travel to ethereal planes, turn things to crystal, and turn into a goddess. Missed the part where Raiden can do any of those things...
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied: http://i49.tinypic.com/2elgh07.png