So why do people think that a FF character...

#21Flownaway86Posted 1/10/2013 3:47:36 AM
boy_luck posted...
moglimoogle posted...
We need someone with a huge sword...cloud ftw with a zack and KH alt
costumes...lightning would just feel like raiden...oh the satisfaction of killing a kratos with braver!(assuming that would be lvl 1 super) but really any xtra characters and stages would be grand...just so far only a few characters carry any fandom weight for me..

Lighting can do magic, summon eidolons, travel to ethereal planes, turn things to crystal, and turn into a goddess. Missed the part where Raiden can do any of those things...

Lol yeah, plus she also can hurt in the distance, she has a gun-blade so yeah, definately nothing to do with Raiden, lol.
#22TheMickeyPosted 1/10/2013 3:56:50 AM
boy_luck posted...
moglimoogle posted...
costumes...lightning would just feel like raiden...oh the satisfaction of killing a kratos with braver!(assuming that would be lvl 1 super) but really any xtra characters and stages would be grand...just so far only a few characters carry any fandom weight for me..

Lighting can do magic, summon eidolons, travel to ethereal planes, turn things to crystal, and turn into a goddess. Missed the part where Raiden can do any of those things...

This!

If anything I'd say she was more like Dante or Nariko without the ranged stance attacks
---
PSASBR: main E.Cole, alt Sly
#23moglimooglePosted 1/10/2013 4:04:34 AM
My experience with her is only in duo...i tried to play 13 it is now on my shelf gathering dust...ive been disgusted since 10...so mock me if you want..i want a giant sword user no guns and an all magic person too mix things up
---
PSN tag:: GilmanEastbay
#24moglimooglePosted 1/10/2013 4:07:31 AM
boy_luck posted...
moglimoogle posted...

Also a lot of characters have a lot more to their arsenal than included in the game just stated she'd play similarly to him but i suppose itd be more like raiden +dante+a cole?( due to the magic she could weild)
---
PSN tag:: GilmanEastbay
#25webbc99Posted 1/10/2013 4:31:50 AM
boy_luck posted...
But I'm pretty sure a true FF fan (read, not crazed, prolly virgin fanboy) would be more than happy to have any FF representation; whatever the form.

Absolutely not. FF XIII is an absolutely terrible game, and an abomination in terms of the quality people expect from SE. Lightning is the face of everything SE have done differently since their merger, and anyone who's been a fan of their games for a long time can see that.

People like me who feel SE's changes have been very much negative see Lightning as the face of that, and don't want anything to do with her, or her terrible games.

Cloud is the face of Squaresoft during their peak, the golden years - not just for Squaresoft, but for Playstation, especially from an RPG perspective.. I don't think anyone can argue against that.

I'm way more of a FF8 fan than 7, but I'd be mad to request Squall. FF8 is about as polarising as FF13 tbh.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#26Snorlax_exlaxPosted 1/10/2013 4:52:48 AM(edited)
webbc99 posted...
FF XIII is an absolutely terrible game, and an abomination in terms of the quality people expect from SE.

I'm pretty sure you're abusing the word quality.
FF7 is full of grammatical errors, glitches, and graphics that don't hold up.

You could say that SE makes games that YOUUUUUUUUUUU don't like, and that's about it.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/exChardude.png
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/SNORLAXex.png
#27webbc99Posted 1/10/2013 4:58:39 AM
Snorlax_exlax posted...
webbc99 posted...
FF XIII is an absolutely terrible game, and an abomination in terms of the quality people expect from SE.

You could say that SE makes games that YOUUUUUUUUUUU don't like, and that's about it.

That is true, and even with those glitches, it's still heralded by most as the best FF game. FF8 has very few glitches or grammatical errors, and that game came out 2 years after, to nowhere near the reception. I don't really understand your point.

Even modern games such as TWEWY are absolutely incredible. They do make some absolutely stellar games, which is what I'm saying, and in times gone by, almost everything with a Squaresoft logo on it was solid gold.

Nowadays it really isn't. There are some diamonds, but some of the directions they've gone in have been really questionable.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#28Snorlax_exlaxPosted 1/10/2013 5:03:08 AM
webbc99 posted...
almost everything with a Squaresoft logo on it was solid gold.

As much as I hate hate haaaaaaaate, using this word, it sounds to me like you're just a typical Squaresoft fanboy.

Pffft, face it. All 7 managed to do was sell the most. I'm tired of butthurt people like you spamming "FF whatever is the best one! All the other games suck!"
---
#29Charizard18Posted 1/10/2013 5:10:37 AM
Snorlax_exlax posted...
webbc99 posted...

FF VII had grammatical errors for a reason. After the horrible translation of ff VI at the hands of Ted Woolsey *ugh*, Square decided to do an inhouse translation of FFVII by themselves. The original Japanese team who was working on the game also translated it IIRC, so it's only natural it was filled with grammatical errors. But that's why it was charming, because of memorable phrases like This guy are sick!

I personally don't remember any glitches in the game so can't comment there.

And the graphics. It's a PS1 game. What more could you want? Yeah, the graphics were sub par compared to other PS1 titles but it was a big game. Naturally the graphics took a blow.

I'm not trying to white knight (FF VII doesnt even make my top 5 FF games) or anything but please don't leave out half the story for these things :P
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#30Snorlax_exlaxPosted 1/10/2013 5:17:26 AM
Charizard18 posted...
I personally don't remember any glitches in the game so can't comment there.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Final_Fantasy_VII_Bugs

I'm not trying to white knight (FF VII doesnt even make my top 5 FF games) or anything

Don't get me wrong either, I love 7 as much as the next guy. I just can't stand it when people think of the newer games as some type of abomination.
---