So why do people think that a FF character...

#31Charizard18Posted 1/10/2013 5:33:14 AM
Snorlax_exlax posted...
Charizard18 posted...
I personally don't remember any glitches in the game so can't comment there.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Final_Fantasy_VII_Bugs

I'm not trying to white knight (FF VII doesnt even make my towp 5 FF games) or anything

Don't get me wrong either, I love 7 as much as the next guy. I just can't stand it when people think of the newer games as some type of abomination.

Wow...that's ridiculous. I read through that list and remember using a lot of them. They just felt like legit ways to get through the game and not bugs. I had no idea they were bugs .__.

Well, they are abominations.

;) just kidding.

Meh, the main thing that bothers me about the XIII series is that it's multiplatform now so if Light got in this game it'd feel a tad awkward due to that.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#32webbc99Posted 1/10/2013 5:59:33 AM
Not sure how I can be classified as a "fanboy" when you then go on to say about not liking modern Square titles. In my original post I did say TWEWY is absolutley incredible. It's nothing about nostalgia or being a fanboy. It's just preferring a company's older portfolio, pre-merger by a very large margin.

I will however accept that I am a FF8 fanboy. I have a huge tattoo of the cover logo on my arm :P
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#33Charizard18Posted 1/10/2013 6:19:37 AM
webbc99 posted...
Not sure how I can be classified as a "fanboy" when you then go on to say about not liking modern Square titles. In my original post I did say TWEWY is absolutley incredible. It's nothing about nostalgia or being a fanboy. It's just preferring a company's older portfolio, pre-merger by a very large margin.

I will however accept that I am a FF8 fanboy. I have a huge tattoo of the cover logo on my arm :P

The FF VIII logo with Squall and Rinoa? Or of Griever's emblem? FF VIII is one of my favorites D:
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#34TheMickeyPosted 1/10/2013 7:07:06 AM
webbc99 posted...
boy_luck posted...
But I'm pretty sure a true FF fan (read, not crazed, prolly virgin fanboy) would be more than happy to have any FF representation; whatever the form.

Absolutely not. FF XIII is an absolutely terrible game, and an abomination in terms of the quality people expect from SE. Lightning is the face of everything SE have done differently since their merger, and anyone who's been a fan of their games for a long time can see that.

People like me who feel SE's changes have been very much negative see Lightning as the face of that, and don't want anything to do with her, or her terrible games.

Cloud is the face of Squaresoft during their peak, the golden years - not just for Squaresoft, but for Playstation, especially from an RPG perspective.. I don't think anyone can argue against that.

I'm way more of a FF8 fan than 7, but I'd be mad to request Squall. FF8 is about as polarising as FF13 tbh.

Honestly I and many of my friends feel the face of Squaresoft during their "peak" was Chrono. FF7-8 were more of a strange puberty-like transition period where Square tried to adjust to the new future platform of RPG gaming on the new, more graphical systems of the time with 3d rendering etc being new concepts.

And as for people who hate the new games, I just can't agree with you guys. They are definitely different... But it's not a BAD genre now. 10 really started a whole new concept for the series which went over well but was less gameplay and more cinematic which lead to the modern 13 being more of an interactive movie than anything. But I can't hate them by any means, they are beautiful games with interesting stories. I just look at the new ones as more of a merger of art and gaming into a new, and still very entertaining type of game
---
PSASBR: main E.Cole, alt Sly
#35KyerofoxPosted 1/10/2013 7:11:04 AM
boy_luck posted...
moglimoogle posted...
We need someone with a huge sword...cloud ftw with a zack and KH alt
costumes...lightning would just feel like raiden...oh the satisfaction of killing a kratos with braver!(assuming that would be lvl 1 super) but really any xtra characters and stages would be grand...just so far only a few characters carry any fandom weight for me..

Lighting can do magic, summon eidolons, travel to ethereal planes, turn things to crystal, and turn into a goddess. Missed the part where Raiden can do any of those things...

I must have missed the part where you prove to me she could even hurt raiden before being fit into a bunch of ice trays.
---
PSN: Kyero X360: Kyero
99 Humanities and a Glitch ain't one. If you're having soul problems I feed bad for you son.
#36Mage_of_WindPosted 1/10/2013 7:29:34 AM
Charizard18 posted...
the horrible translation of ff VI at the hands of Ted Woolsey *ugh*

Hey, Ted Woolsey was great at what he did.
---
This is the scene where you declare your undying hatred for me. -Seifer
If you persist, for great justice, I'll rearrange your face again! -Nisa
#37spyder1845Posted 1/10/2013 7:30:09 AM
after about 5 hours of gameplay, I sold my copy if ff 13 for half a pitcher of beer.screw lightning. Gimme cloud or sephiroth.
#38webbc99Posted 1/10/2013 7:44:08 AM
Charizard18 posted...
webbc99 posted...

The FF VIII logo with Squall and Rinoa? Or of Griever's emblem? FF VIII is one of my favorites D:

Lol actually both. My right arm is the huge Squall + Rinoa logo. My left arm has the Griever logo, but it's not as big (can't see it with a T-shirt on).

The bit at the bottom of the S+R one comes down by my elbow.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#39boy_luckPosted 1/10/2013 11:33:40 AM
Kyerofox posted...
boy_luck posted...
moglimoogle posted...
costumes...lightning would just feel like raiden...oh the satisfaction of killing a kratos with braver!(assuming that would be lvl 1 super) but really any xtra characters and stages would be grand...just so far only a few characters carry any fandom weight for me..

Lighting can do magic, summon eidolons, travel to ethereal planes, turn things to crystal, and turn into a goddess. Missed the part where Raiden can do any of those things...

I must have missed the part where you prove to me she could even hurt raiden before being fit into a bunch of ice trays.

Lol I smell a little bias (*cough fanboyism). Lightning's a goddess, for Pete's sake. She'd wipe the floor with Raiden, kill him, use a phoenix down on him and try new ways to kill him. Repeat ad infinitum. Goddess>man-made cyborg.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied: http://i49.tinypic.com/2elgh07.png
#40spyder1845Posted 1/10/2013 11:49:13 AM
boy_luck posted...
Kyerofox posted...
boy_luck posted...
moglimoogle posted...

Lol I smell a little bias (*cough fanboyism). Lightning's a goddess, for Pete's sake. She'd wipe the floor with Raiden, kill him, use a phoenix down on him and try new ways to kill him. Repeat ad infinitum. Goddess>man-made cyborg.

Inserts obligatory tell that to kratos comment