Quick question about Dante (PETTY ALERT)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Quick question about Dante (PETTY ALERT)

User Info: PielordX

PielordX
4 years ago#1
Why do you some of you guys say bold cancel in this game?
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass

User Info: jhoke13

jhoke13
4 years ago#2
It's easier than saying up gun, angel dash, counter cancel. Plus I think that's what it was called in MVC3 when you did his cancel. I dunno but whatever it's really called doesn't matter as long as you know what people are taling about.
XBL:Element H
PSN:Element_H13

User Info: xxterradarkxxx

xxterradarkxxx
4 years ago#3
PielordX posted...
Why do you some of you guys say bold cancel in this game?

Eh, might just be a reference to mvc/umvc dante, who bold cancels moves. basically he does a move that normally shouldnt cancel, but with the press of two buttons in mvc and the motion for the next move, he has done a bold cancel. something like that.
Psn: zslayer89

User Info: PielordX

PielordX
4 years ago#4
Once again this is very petty.
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass

User Info: xXxSuQingXinxXx

xXxSuQingXinxXx
4 years ago#5
Petty indeed.

It's just a force of habit. They have similar functions, and I'm an avid Marvel player.
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.

User Info: Dopples

Dopples
4 years ago#6
I just call them Empty Cancels, cause that's essentially what they are.
PSN: TheFinestBrew
Looking to improve my MvC3 game, would like advice from anyone who wants to give it.

User Info: DarkECOJak

DarkECOJak
4 years ago#7
I think a better question is: Why do people DO it? I understand it's advantageous to winning, but doesn't anybody feel the least bit cheap exploiting the game's fault and making it so opponents can't escape? I tried it for one match, felt like a jerk and never did it again.
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee

User Info: Chilly82

Chilly82
4 years ago#8
DarkECOJak posted...
I think a better question is: Why do people DO it? I understand it's advantageous to winning, but doesn't anybody feel the least bit cheap exploiting the game's fault and making it so opponents can't escape? I tried it for one match, felt like a jerk and never did it again.

This was intentionally put in the game.

User Info: ThaCMaster

ThaCMaster
4 years ago#9
Dopples posted...
I just call them Empty Cancels, cause that's essentially what they are.

I call it that too.
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com

User Info: atopthemountain

atopthemountain
4 years ago#10
Chilly82 posted...
DarkECOJak posted...

This was intentionally put in the game.

I rarely come across it online....there are few GOOD dante....

I still am wary of his potential tho
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Quick question about Dante (PETTY ALERT)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
SMS teases PSASBR on Twitter?SSBR1071/17 5:44PM